Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

ever hear of American Modern

Old 04-16-2018, 11:06 AM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts
Default ever hear of American Modern

insurance company ? . My agent is suggesting i replace existing insurance with this company.
rates are better than Dairyland for Illinois customers and American Modern has a policy If the motorcycle is stolen or destroyed, you get to replace it with a brand new, current model in my case CVO Limited for just the deductible . Also the deductible decreases 25% every year its not used.
your thoughts?

The following users liked this post:
JimPalmer (04-23-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 01:15 PM
hdman6
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Thumbs up

i have them for my toy hauler. I have Foremost insurance for my bike. check them out as well. I did make a claim with american modern like 1 month after i started the policy on my toy hauler. I hit a low branch in my driveway and ripped off the back part of the rubber roof, they paid 5 k for a new roof and i just started the policy. they did not give me a hard time either. I still have them as insurance on the toy hauler. rates did not go up either. jeff

The following users liked this post:
mazz (04-18-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 12:08 PM
FormerNinjaNowHD
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in the P & C Insurance biz in CT and I write with American Modern and find them to be a solid carrier with little complaints from clients, etc. Good luck

Old 04-23-2018, 11:40 PM
JimPalmer
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Replacement Coverage for Life

Mazz, you made the right move with American Modern. Their policy includes the coverage you want for your Harley-Davidson. Nothing wrong with Foremost; however, they don't provide the replacement coverage for as long as you own the machine.

Thank you for allowing me to continue to assist with your coverage. Anyone with a 2016 and newer H-D; let's lock in replacement coverage as well. (Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Arizona -- Texas coming soon!)

Originally Posted by mazz
insurance company ? . My agent is suggesting i replace existing insurance with this company.
rates are better than Dairyland for Illinois customers and American Modern has a policy If the motorcycle is stolen or destroyed, you get to replace it with a brand new, current model in my case CVO Limited for just the deductible . Also the deductible decreases 25% every year its not used.
your thoughts?

Old 05-01-2018, 12:31 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,317 Likes on 2,190 Posts

Im in the ins biz too - theyre not a bad firm