Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Motorcycle Insurance - Which Company?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 10:43 AM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

I had been with Progressive for a few, then Geico saved me some money so i switched, well after a year with them I shopped again and found that Allstate is the least expensive for me, of course that is house, cars, jewelry and all.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:03 PM
AKJames
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I insured Two-Cars, and a Bike with GEICO. Every renewal my premiums would go up a few dollars. Didn't seem to matter to GEICO that I'd never made claim, that my payment, credit & driving history were good.

I don't like credit cards, checks, or mail and mostly chose GEICO because the agent's office was located right around the corner from my house and it was easy to make the payments in person. But tired of the increasing premiums, when I went in to make a payment I decided to ask if there was any way to get a lower premium?

The very helpful agent representative looked and announced I was already receiving several discounts. She was surprised and thought I should be very happy to learn that I was benefitting from several more "discounts" than the average customer. As great as she thought that was for me, I asked; "Do I qualify for any discounts that actually result in a lower monthly premium?"

She again looked at her PC screen, this time with a great deal of focus, and the answer was no.

At State Farm, for the exact same coverages/deductibles on all the vehicles, plus additional coverage of homeowners/renters insurance (which I could not get with Geico) the quoted premium was nearly half as much per month as GEICO. I made the switch about 4 years ago. State Farm has re-rated my policy annually and my premiums have decreased a buck or two each time.

Last edited by AKJames; 05-29-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:24 PM
Joe's 86FLH
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm currently with Progressive, and have 2 bikes on there, -the 86 flhtc and a 2003 zzr1200, (kawasaki)
I've been riding since 1989, no accidents, the premium for both bikes is under $200 total for the year,and includes accessories coverage and towing to the nearest dealership or repair center of my choice within 20 miles, if over that it cost me about $4 a mile by my last quote. i think that's a pretty good price?, especially with the towing and accessories added on.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:00 PM
N8ftc
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have my '17 FLSS Slim S insured through Dairyland through the agent at my dealer. They beat Geico, who we have our autos insured through, by $100. This included passenger coverage. It's also kinda nice dealing with an old-school agent. Guess I'm a bit nostalgic. Oh, and both Dairyland and Geico readily beat Rider.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Robert Goodman
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rider is easy to beat. Cheap but they are the poster child for "You get what you pay for". Totaled '06 Fat Boy two months ago, hit from behind. Still waiting on check.
Bought a new Road Glide. Called Geico they got paperwork right to the dealer, etc. Good service but very expensive. Bought an 07 Thunder Mountain, dealer recommended Dairyland. They covered both bikes with max insurance for less than Geico did for the one Road Glide!

Old 10-11-2018, 10:30 AM
steve1959
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm with Markel now.
Have been riding since the mid 70's and have had progressive for Home, Auto and MC for a long time. Last year I got my first ticket in 20+ years for speeding (<10 over) and my bike rate went up 50%.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:58 AM
Oakers3
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 907 Posts

Anyone from Northern VA and get a reasonable rate from any insurance company for a bike?

Old 10-20-2018, 03:25 PM
LeeMick
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought/insured my bike yesterday. I’ve been using progressive for years on my camper with 0 complaints, but Geico out priced them by almost half for the same coverage. Plus here in CA, progressive wanted a years payment in full of 1600...

Old 10-20-2018, 04:05 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,920 Likes on 17,474 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeMick
Just bought/insured my bike yesterday. I’ve been using progressive for years on my camper with 0 complaints, but Geico out priced them by almost half for the same coverage. Plus here in CA, progressive wanted a years payment in full of 1600...
Look into Foremost through Farmers ins.beat everybody for my bikes.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:20 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

Can someone post a link to Markel?

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Insurance - Which Company?