Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Best Insurance company?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:15 PM
THNDR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Insurance company?

Ok guys - what company is the best? Best price - but best coverage too.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Big Cat
Intermediate
Default RE: Best Insurance company?

Hands down....Allstate is the best. Call me if you're in TX.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:23 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price is relative and subjective (i.e., bike value, driving record, claim history, credit score, etc...)

I shopped around and ended up goingwith Progressive when I bought my '05 FLHT. Never had a claim, but I know folks that haveand were satisfied with them.

I also believeit is wise to re-evaluate your insurance coverage every couple of years.

Dave

Old 03-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got a quote yesterday - clean record, no accidents, $100-300 + all the options. Progressive = $990/yr; Foremost (A HD sponsered company), $417/yr (exact same coverage) - I am located in PA, btw. Be sure to check HD's rates - they have never been beaten by me (they search for the lowest quote - and represent several companies). I have used Foremost for the past 4 years, btw.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:32 PM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am an insurance broker in NY State. One of the best carriers is AMIG...(American modern Ins group) I write for them...and other carriers as well. I dont know what state your in but try 1-800-club hog. Good luck ..If in NY state pm me for a free quote

Old 03-19-2008, 02:55 PM
bkhanson
Intermediate

I sell insurance in MN. I have used American Modern, Foremost, and Progressive. By far the cheapest rates are with Progressive, IMHO, in Minnesota. Every state will bedifferent. One thing to remember is this, When you compare rates given my HOG or your local HD shop, the rates will behigher than what an insurance agent can give. My guess is companies are giving kickbacks the organizations that offer insurance. Same goes for campers when you can buy insurance thru a camping organization. Also, the rubber hits the road when you have a claim. No matter what the cost, you want an agent and company that is there to help. If there is way for an insurance company not to pay, they will find it.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think any one insurance company can be "the best" for everyone, everywhere. You really need to check around in your area. Last year I sent out letters to 10 different insurance companies looking for better prices on my home, cars, and 08 UC. Even in my area the quotes I got back for the Ultra ranged from $179 a year to $653 a year for exactly the same coverage!! Farmers had my older bike already insured and they gave me the $179 quote, so I stayed with them on the new one.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:07 PM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your auto driving record and whether you took a motorcycle safety rider course are considered

Old 03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
BillinNY
Tourer

I think it really depends on your location, age and history. I have Allstate auto & homeowners insurance; they quoted me $1100/yr for my bike. I asked if they were serious and they told me they really don't like to participate in themotorcycle market and essentially priced themselves out. I have policy with Progressive, rates are $292/year, full 12 month coverage, collision, liability etc., and they are absolutely top notch folks to work with.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:36 PM
bkhanson
Intermediate

What's really neat to see is look at what it costs to add a 2nd or 3rd bike to a progressive policy. The rates they give for mulit-vehicle is huge. I will be insuring a customer a 05 Ultra,05 FLG, and a 07 Yam Griz for under 400 per year, full coverage on all. In MN, Prog will allow atv's and sleds on the policy, which qualifies all for discount. Also look at what the company does for add-ons. Im not trying to push Progressive, in fact I don't really care for them much. But they are priced right.

Quick Reply: Best Insurance company?