Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

USAA-Insurance, investment and banking

Old 12-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Deluxechuck
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USAA-Insurance, investment and banking

Does anybody here have USAA insurance? I have my homeowners policy through them. We got a quote for our auto insurance and it saved us 90 dollars a month. We have had our current policy with a company for almost 25 years. We have called around every few years and could not find a better deal. They have so many benifits to list on here.

My question is,does anyone know if they offer bike insurance? I couldn't get a quote online from them. Didn't know if they offer it?

Old 12-15-2008, 07:20 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I've had USAA all my life. Great company.
You need to call them, but last time I checked, about 15 years ago,
they didn't insure bikes.

Let me know what you find out.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:00 PM
navyman
Road Master

I have all of my insurance with them (39 years) except my bike. That is with Gieco. I did insure a bike with USAA several years ago, but it was way too expensive.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:09 PM
das56170
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I used to have my truck and bike insured with USAA, and they were way cheaper than any other company. When I used to ride sports bikes my insurance was about 1/3 of any quotes that I could get from any other company. Unfortunately, they stopped insuring motorcycles a couple of years ago. If you have an auto policy and want to insure your bike, they will refer you to Progressive, who is much more expensive than USAA used to be.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Deluxechuck
Tourer

Thanks for the info. I have the bike with progressive now. Gonna have to shop around.
Glad I asked here first. If I did all of the quotes and started the policy for my cars online, USAA will give me a one time $50 break. So I was trying to avoid calling them.
I love this place.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Crankster
Cruiser

My previous ride was with USAA 04-06 in VA. The king has been with them since new in Oct 07 in NJ. May be a function of where you live.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Deluxechuck
Tourer

I probably just need to call them and find out. With the economy the way it is these days, we have been looking to save every nickel we can.

FYI... I did check out their mortgage rates. They are lower than anybody else we have found. We may try to refinance here in the next month or so and save a few bucks!

Old 02-06-2009, 11:44 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to add my $.02 just incase. I have usaa for my homeowners ins and all my vehicles including my daughter(20 y/o killing me....lol) When I called about coverage for my 09 SG on order the said they don't cover bikes and connected me to progressive. I called foremost after them and and foremost was cheaper and said the work with usaa also. They were almost $100 a year cheaper than progressive. Plus they also give a discount with the MSC. Plus foremost gives me full replacement for the first 2 years.

Last edited by bald1der; 02-06-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:52 AM
JohnnyBoy
Road Captain

I've had my Fatboy covered by them since I bought it new in 2005. It was the cheapest rate I found. Could they perhaps not insure bikes in certain states? I'm in California.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:57 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy
I've had my Fatboy covered by them since I bought it new in 2005. It was the cheapest rate I found. Could they perhaps not insure bikes in certain states? I'm in California.
Not sure if USAA insures bike yet, or maybe just in a few states.

I would guess that your agent is savy and sold you a policy through a third party that is part of the USAA package. So when you file a claim, you may find out.

But they may be offering it now. USAA is a great company.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: USAA-Insurance, investment and banking