Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Geico V. Allstate - what are your thoughts?

Old 03-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Fireman44
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allstate is a substandard ins. co. imo. I worked in the auto body repair world for 15 years and allstate was ALWAYS 30% lower with there labor rates. They also wanted you to use used parts for just about everything and they wanted to take 20% off on all parts. Shops will make 25-30% on parts so these things and other put allstate in substandard in my book.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Daves Not Here!
Cruiser

Geico here, but never had a claim with them.

Just sold my Husky dual sport bike last week and called them to cancel the insurance on the dual sport and they sent me a check for the pro-rated amount that was not used. The check came from Government Employee Insurance Company. (GEICO) I did not know what it stood for before this.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

i have had AAA for years i have gotten quotes and they are the lowest and the service
is awesome - ride safe

Old 03-10-2009, 08:37 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

I like the lizard!!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Funnygirl
Road Captain

We got quotes from Geico, Progressive, State Farm (our cars are with them) and Nationwide.

Nationwide beat the hell out of all the rest.
It comes to about $600 for full coverage on an '04 RKC & an '07 Ultra.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
macatak39
Advanced

I should check into that. If they saved me 400 dollars I would be getting money back.
State Farm treats me great and have enough coverage.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the "GREAT SAVINGS" letter yesterday so after reading this post I got on the phone & called them and guess what..... They are over $100.00 higher than my Foremost Policy. I had Progressive for years prior to Foremost and when they went up a little I decided to shop. I called HD and went through their Insurance people who have access to at least 4 companies, Progressive being one and the best price they could give me was with Foremost. New policy has more accessory coverage with roadside service & trip interuption coverage that the Progressive policy didn't have. I'm loving Foremeost Insurance right now !!!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,681 Likes on 1,338 Posts

I have Geico. Bike insurance is on a separate policy. They did go up last year, about 6-8% or so, I noticed. I now pay (total, annually) for both bikes: $106. That's for liability coverage only on both bikes for a 1 year policy. I also have Geico for the other vehicles: Esprit Turbo, Camry, LS400, Corolla, Truck. Full coverage on the Esprit, Camry and Lexus, liability only on the 'Rolla and Truck. That runs me about $85/month, total for all the vehicles, not each vehicle, 2 drivers. I had the Europa added on for six months so I could get a license/title for it and that brought it up to like a bill a month.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 AM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had Allstate when I first started driving. At present I have GEICO on the Harley. When I had my accident, GEICO paid like a 'slot machine'....both initially and on 2 secondary claims. Even though my rates practically doubled, knowing they paid like they did makes it worth while for me.

My .02 worth.

Billy G

Old 03-11-2009, 11:17 AM
cbrown3381
Advanced

I used to practice law in a plaintiff's firm, and we always hated to see either Allstate or State Farm as the insurer. One guy in the office even liked to say that, "Allstate and State Farm are the Devil." With either of these companies, in my experience, there was no way to get them to settle anything without at least filing a lawsuit. This tactic went for all types of claims, property claims, no-fault benefits, personal injury claims. It's great that they offer to save you some money, but if the product that they sell is worthless, then it's not a good deal. We had lots of clients that were injured in accidents that were, by statute, entitled to have their wage loss and medical benefits paid by their no-fault insurance policy, and the insurance company would just decide that they didn't need any more treatment, or they would cut off their wage loss benefits because it felt that they were ready to go back to work.

Pay a little more for your insurance. When and if you ever need it, you'll be happy that you did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Geico V. Allstate - what are your thoughts?