Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Geico, my experience.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:13 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by webbdog8
they are slow, they try to underpay claims they take all even slightly questionable to arbitration court they tell people wrongly that they have to go to there body shop that they deal with and in most states they can go to what ever body shop they want. They will keep people on phone till they admit that they may of had some responsibility so they can deny any part of the claim. Another problem i have is that they do not stop sending junk mail. if you have anymore question feel free to ask and i will be more then happy to talk And what is more you can Google Geico complains and look it up .
that's all insurance companies when they have to "pay" out

Old 04-15-2011, 12:28 PM
webbdog8
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerseyjeff62
that's all insurance companies when they have to "pay" out
well then you have never had a good insurance company or a good agent. sorry just the facts go do some research on good insurance company's they are out there

Old 04-15-2011, 03:37 PM
capsfloyd
Stage IV

I have Progressive now for 6 yrs, will switch to Geico on the ultra ... They are 200 cheaper . Live in Dallas county in Texas .... Remember the town/county/state you live is all different rates?

Old 04-16-2011, 08:52 AM
BAGGERJ
Banned

I have Geico now. I had progressive. When I had my old bike I was paying $61 a mth with a $500 ded. I got a SG and called progressive to take off old bike and add SG. Went to $145 with $1000 ded or $120 with $500. At the time I stuck with them.

I tried Geico. Now I pay $66 with a $500 ded every other month(so basically $33 a mth). My premium went from $1400 to $409.

So far I havent had to use them for anything but hope theyre as good as the OP said If needed.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Asuperglide
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default HD-Progressive Coverage switch to Allstate

I've had HD-Progressive for years. Minimum (real barebones) coverage because the bike is 12 years old, not customized and really didn't feel like running the exercise of insurance comparison. Doesn't seem worth the time to spend 2 hours to save $20.00. My home and auto insurance is with Allstate and the same agent for 20+ years and with the all the tv commercials lately I decided to make the comparison. I ended up with far more coverage with Allstate than with Progressive for the exact same money. I could of cut the premium in half to match the Progressive's. It was worth looking at Allstate coverage.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:25 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 313 Posts

Just switched from Progressive to Geico yesterday. Increased my coverage, lowered the deductible and lowered the payment a few bucks. Could have had the exact same coverage for over $100 less per year but figured it was a good idea to increase the coverage instead.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Good info here. Just got a notice that my ins co will no longer sell mc ins in Pa thru independant agents so I'm on the hunt. Geico is lookin pretty good. But my old ins (21st centurty) had some real sweet prices on two bikes.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Bdobb
Cruiser

I have very good rate on my MC insurance without towing, but added motorcycle roadside assist and towing to my AAA plan, which was a very reasonably priced upgrade.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 PM
frozensoul
Road Master

going from foremost to them in nov. not kidding coverage is almost the same, i think a bit better and ill go from 589.00 to 331.00 a year. good by foremost.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Votts
Cruiser

I have Farmers insurance and i just added motorcycle policy on and i cant complain at all.. I am 29 yrs old and i got full coverage on my 02 flhtc with a ton of upgrades and towing and it cause me 700 for a full year.. thats with 1 speeding ticket on my record.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Geico, my experience.