Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Geico, my experience.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Geico, my experience.

A few months ago, my son, who was insured with Geico, had a wreck in his vehicle. The adjuster was out the next day and had everything taken care of within 3 days. I thought that was good service from them.

I'd been a little dissatisfied with my bike insurance as they didn't recognize the MSF safety course and didn't provide towing coverage. So I went online and checked out Geico.

On Mar. 5, 2011, I switched to Geico, saving $70 a year with towing coverage and getting a discount for the MSF safety course.

On Mar. 21, 2011, the switch went out on my bike as I was riding to work. I called Geico for the towing service. Within 30 minutes a rollback wrecker was on the scene, loaded my bike, and took me and the bike to my house. (Some road services only take you to a shop, or like HOG, to a HD dealer.)

I asked the tow driver what the bill would have been if I'd had to pay it...
$167.50.

Thanks Geico .... think I'll stay with you for awhile!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 AM
blackmamba1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have geico and love them....

Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I currently have Progressive but will check into Geico. Appreciate the info.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:07 PM
CT-Mike
Cruiser
Received 53 Likes on 16 Posts

I use USAA for home and auto, but unfortunately they don't offer MC insurance. They do however have a business partner (Porgressive) where I would receive a USAA member discount.

For the same coverage, Progressive wanted ~ $1150/yr, compared to $680/yr with Geico. Not hard to figure out who I went with.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike T
I currently have Progressive but will check into Geico. Appreciate the info.

I had Progressive, switched to American Modern last year for a better rate, then when I found I had no towing looked into Geico.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:18 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have Geico as well. Went down on my bike last September, they towed me and were ver quick considering I was in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania...good company !!!

Old 04-01-2011, 02:30 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm changing this month

Old 04-03-2011, 05:46 PM
longrider1951
1st Gear

I had Geico and found they snuck the rates up on me over three years. Checked Progressives rates and they were $200 cheaper for the same coverage. No brainer I made the switch, but I'll be keeping an eye on their rate increases as well.

For roadside assistance I use AMA. If you sign up for automatic renewals (on your credit card) it's $39 a year for membership dues and roadside assistance on all the bikes and cars in your household. My wife and son have both used it for their cars and were happy with the service

Old 04-07-2011, 10:59 AM
trailey97
Tourer

Originally Posted by longrider1951
I had Geico and found they snuck the rates up on me over three years. Checked Progressives rates and they were $200 cheaper for the same coverage. No brainer I made the switch, but I'll be keeping an eye on their rate increases as well.

For roadside assistance I use AMA. If you sign up for automatic renewals (on your credit card) it's $39 a year for membership dues and roadside assistance on all the bikes and cars in your household. My wife and son have both used it for their cars and were happy with the service

being that i ride with an AMA chartered Club i have to be an AMA member, got to tell ya i didnt really want to join AMA at first but lovin it now. Discounts at hotels and scooter shops and i get certain amount of free towing for the scooter or vehicle every year and my wife gets to use it as well (thankfully we havent had to yet) i use dairyland for my insurance, was with state farm but they up charged me $80 one month and said my rate was in an adjustment mode even though i hadnt gotten a ticket or wreck since i had em....no brainer what i did when they did that...lol

Old 04-07-2011, 11:01 AM
trailey97
Tourer

and dairyland happened to be considerably cheaper than all the other insurance companies i checked into and for all the same coverage, just didnt get roadside service with em...

Quick Reply: Geico, my experience.