Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Progressive Insurance

Old 07-29-2011, 02:37 PM
kodiak
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've had Progressive on my Fat Boy since it was new in 2005. I have coverage the same as my automobiles, except with 250 deductible across the board. They have twice lowered the rate. I look for cheaper insurance every two years and so far nothing compares with Progressive's rates. I pay 220 yearly.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

Just changed from Foremost to Progressive. Same coverage, less deductible. 150 year cheaper.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:18 PM
wheel752
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

progressive...always been good to me.. and cheap

Old 07-30-2011, 02:22 AM
KingGator
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use progressive for my car and was thinking about my bike insured through them as well. I'm going to have to do a little comparing after hearing this.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Account Retired
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

here is what you do. Go to USAA.com and make a bank account. Once you have one, ask them for motorcycle insurance, they will transfer you to progressive. When they do that, they discount it so much it is ridiculous. Right now, I am 24 years old with 1 ticket and an accident on my record, riding to 2001 fatty, and I pay 24 dollars a month....

Old 07-30-2011, 01:29 PM
hdfyrfighter
Stage II
Default progressive ins.

I had progressive on my bike and there was a clause in there that it didn't cover the operator or a passenger, didn't realise this until after the accident and they didn't cover any of the medical bills or bike damage. The smart *** on the phone said I should sue the deer to get the money.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
ridemx
Intermediate

I have progressive and they have been the best bang for the buck that i have found yet but the still are not cheap i always looking for new options

Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 PM
dbird
Cruiser

I have an 09 UC Geico $411 per year, Progressive $734 on new quote last week.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PPBART
I've had my bikes insured with Progressive for several years and never had a claim that cost Progressive a dime. I was surprised when I got my renewal notice recently and was saw that the rate went up substantially. I decided to get quick quotes from a couple of other companies; Geico was about 1/3 less, and that was for slightly better coverage limits. I called my local Progressive agent to ask WTF. He first said that maybe Progressive would match the Geico quote, that he would call and try for that -- no luck on that(!) He later called me back to say that Progressive wouldn't budge on their quote for renewal, and he added a comment that the company was "taking some steps to reduce their exposure" in motorcycle insurance. Anyone else had similar experience? Guess I'll probably go with the lizard...
I had progressive but did some shopping and found nationwide cheaper with better coverage.With towing included.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PPBART
I've had my bikes insured with Progressive for several years and never had a claim that cost Progressive a dime. I was surprised when I got my renewal notice recently and was saw that the rate went up substantially. I decided to get quick quotes from a couple of other companies; Geico was about 1/3 less, and that was for slightly better coverage limits. I called my local Progressive agent to ask WTF. He first said that maybe Progressive would match the Geico quote, that he would call and try for that -- no luck on that(!) He later called me back to say that Progressive wouldn't budge on their quote for renewal, and he added a comment that the company was "taking some steps to reduce their exposure" in motorcycle insurance. Anyone else had similar experience? Guess I'll probably go with the lizard...
Drop Flo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Progressive Insurance