Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Who do you have for insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Bikenator
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by fish eye
I just picked up another bike, and decided it was time to shop around on my insurance options.

Currently, I have coverage through State Farm, and they've been fair to me. I like the small town feel of them. I call, and they know who I am.

I also checked out Progressive and Geico. Progressive was fairly comparable to my State Farm rates. But Geico...Holy cow...they were about $350-$400 less for a full year premium.

My record is good, no major blems. I'm curious to see who all you guys use for insurance. I hope that I never have to use it, but I would like to know I have a reputable company watching my back. After all, that's what I'm paying them for.
Begin discussion now!
Progressive is the provider for HOG members. They have really substantial discounts for regular or high coverage limits. I've used Geico and Allstate in the past, Progressive kicked them out the door with the HOG discounts! I don't like their politics, but their HOG prices are really hard to ignore.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:17 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dairyland here, was $300 less a year than Geico.

The following users liked this post:
M Oclaf (12-07-2023)
Old 10-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikenator
Progressive is the provider for HOG members. They have really substantial discounts for regular or high coverage limits. I've used Geico and Allstate in the past, Progressive kicked them out the door with the HOG discounts! I don't like their politics, but their HOG prices are really hard to ignore.
I'm not a HOG member, but I might reconsider if the discounts are so substantial. How can I get a quote with a HOG discount applied?

Old 10-20-2011, 03:38 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have AAA

Old 10-20-2011, 03:44 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by fish eye
Yeah, USAA has a deal set up with Progressive now. They outsource all the motorcycle insurance to them now.
Yes for new policies. I've been with them for a while and all my ins is still with them. When I asked them about the progressive thing they said all new policies are run through progressive.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use progressive (recommended by USAA, covers my cages). I’ve been using them for 3 years now. So far so good; they have decreased my rates every year, due to no accidents I’m sure. They seem to try to earn your business. I only had to use them once for a tow and they called me every 10 minutes until the truck arrived, good service.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Martimus
Tourer

My bike is insured through Progressive... my car, truck, and house are insured through State Farm. When I checked prices for the Heritage, State Farm literally came in more than double the Progressive premium (with my HOG member discount).

I think the Progressive premium was around $330/year and the State Farm premium was closer to $400/6 months! Considering that all my other stuff is covered under State Farm and has been for more than 20 years now, I was shocked by their quote...

Old 10-20-2011, 05:06 PM
ridzalot
Tourer

I have been with Foremost for 3 years now. They are half what Progressive quoted and I use progressive on the cages.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:23 AM
gunnut2u
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Martimus
My bike is insured through Progressive... my car, truck, and house are insured through State Farm. When I checked prices for the Heritage, State Farm literally came in more than double the Progressive premium (with my HOG member discount).

I think the Progressive premium was around $330/year and the State Farm premium was closer to $400/6 months! Considering that all my other stuff is covered under State Farm and has been for more than 20 years now, I was shocked by their quote...
Wow ....I'm surprised stae Farm hit you with that much . I have the 06 heritage with them and it's $328 a yr .

Old 10-22-2011, 03:54 AM
ardakota
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I have been with geico then switched to dairyland but they raised me $75 on the next years policy I had no claims and no tickets I decided that was an unfair raise and a bit extreme finally went with Markell which was almost $50 cheaper than progressive and Dairyland. I had heard some bad stories on markel but a friend of mine uses them and they paid for his bike when he wrecked it no problems.

Quick Reply: Who do you have for insurance?