Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Geico Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 11:04 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jay.weber
@SC-Longhair: I can tell you very little about the insurance regulations in NJ, but I can tell you 4 or 5 years ago, GEICO was not even writing policies in NJ. So there is something there in NJ that makes it difficult for insurance companies to operate and just break even. So lower policy count in NJ does not allow us to be as competitive in your market. NJ is one of the most expensive states for consumers buying insurance.
I don't accept that as a reasonable answer because there are plenty of other companies offering much better rates in NJ. If they were all in the same ballpark, price-wise, I might agree with you but there is such a large curve of pricing. If it's too costly to offer policies in NJ, don't. But they are in the business to make money so they will offer high premium / minimal coverage auto insurance policies. I get it.

Like I said earlier, Geico is not the company for me.

Per my OP, again, if you think you may be over-paying with Geico...shop around. That's all.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I switched from Travelers to Geico while I was living in NJ. Bike has gone down every year, even with a $7,000+ claim in 2010. Auto Ins stays about the same. I just maxxed out my coverage, coming from state minimum, and my payments went up about $20 a month. Bike went up about $50 a yr. I wish I had known this before, I would never have been driving around on state minimum. I still shop around every year, but Geico's still in my glove box. For now anyway, policy re-news in Nov., better start shopping.