Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Riding my motorcycle on a business trip

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:25 PM
drewg181
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding my motorcycle on a business trip

Hey all,
Just wondering what kind of reception I can expect from my boss when I propose riding my bike on a 900 mile business trip?
I am not worried about any cost difference - I understand and will absorb that willingly. If they can fly me down there cheaper than any POV, I will only receive reimbursement up to that level.
My concern is if they claim that their insurance (or workman's comp, or any other excuse) forbids such a 'risky' method of transportation. Do I have recourse? If I am traveling over the weekend does that change the equation? I am salaried, and clearly would not be 600 miles from home on the bike if it weren't for the business purpose of the trip. I will be conducting no business enroute, and once there the vehicle is of no concern I am attending a conference and have NO need for local business related travel.
What say those smarter than me on such issues? Will this be an issue, or if they allow me to take my privately-owned car, must they allow me to take my privately-owned bike?

Thanks in advance for thoughts,