Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Insurance Discussion (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motorcycle-insurance-discussion-125/)
-   -   Just received my Progressive renewel notice,seems high. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motorcycle-insurance-discussion/938669-just-received-my-progressive-renewel-notice-seems-high.html)

C908 02-04-2014 01:30 PM

Just received my Progressive renewel notice,seems high.

I have been with Progressive over 10 years claim free with Emerald status. They said my new premium on my 2010 Ultra is $629.00 if I pay in full with all of my discounts. Just seems high since I am 59 live in a small midwest town, I'm a homeowner and always keep my bike in the garage.I do have pretty good coverage plus $10,000.00 in medical but it still seems high to me. I'm not one to make changes but it may be time to shop around. I need medical coverage and not all companies offer that. Can anyone recommend a company that offers medical ?

hogcowboy 02-04-2014 01:35 PM

Sorry, you are helping pay for my crash two years ago. Mine is now high but I can understand that. But I do think it's the number of accidents they are getting because more are going to them because they had a good rate. Again, sorry but it wasn't my idea I assure you.

seniorsuperglideE8 02-04-2014 01:45 PM

I will be changing from Prog this year to Allstate, saving almost $400 on three HD's. Hope to recoup some coin when I sell the Lowrider.

harleycharlie1992 02-04-2014 01:46 PM

every time I see one of those donor organ death cycles blow by me at 250 mph, I thank them for raising my insurance every year

Mcdave 02-04-2014 01:54 PM

I think the name "Progressive" should be the tip off.
When has that ever worked out.
Nuff said

SPRINGER 02-04-2014 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by C908 (Post 12281878)
I have been with Progressive over 10 years claim free with Emerald status. They said my new premium on my 2010 Ultra is $629.00 if I pay in full with all of my discounts. Just seems high since I am 59 live in a small midwest town, I'm a homeowner and always keep my bike in the garage.I do have pretty good coverage plus $10,000.00 in medical but it still seems high to me. I'm not one to make changes but it may be time to shop around. I need medical coverage and not all companies offer that. Can anyone recommend a company that offers medical ?

Have you tried contacting your Progressive agent to see why it costs so much? I've had Progressive for 9 years, I am older than you also without any claims and also live in a small rural town and I just got my bill in the mail and mine went down. Good luck

128auto 02-04-2014 01:59 PM

I am so jelly you guys pay so little insurance in states. We pay average $2,000cad a year full coverage in BC Canada no kidding. I end up getting basic insurance $89/month and full coverage value $15,000 from another private insurance company $420/year, considered cheap! :D

Freebirdsride1 02-04-2014 02:05 PM

I changed to E-Ins. Allstate from Progressive save some money.

DanRC 02-04-2014 02:18 PM

I found Geico to be lower than Progressive, but different states have different costs.

Jackie Paper 02-04-2014 02:28 PM

I had to kick Progressive to the curb. I have a perfect record and I am 65. Never have paid interest on a credit card but have 3 since I travel a lot. I am out of the country for two of the cold months back home. I do not carry medical since I have medical. People who actually have medical should look closely if they do since a lot of medical from employers will not pay if you have two plans. That is why I dropped it. However if you carry an uninsured person, guess you need it. However, I thought we were all required to now have insurance.. When I retired, since my income dropped and I live mostly off retirement and investments, it made my credit score look worst and they bumped me to a higher level and the new laws made them tell me this. It was only about $30. However when I discussed it with them, there was just no reasoning with them. My State Farm Agent matched their old rate. Strange since in the past he was twice as high. I have homeowners,flood and 2 cars with him..now a motorcycle. Interesting that Progressive would kick someone who has never made a claim or had a ticket in 50 year of driving for $30.00 .... HERE ME NOW PROGRESSIVE... :icon_wake: ------- :icon_tongue: