Motorcycle Parts For Sale-Misc. Parts See Specific Models in Sub forums Below This is the place to post your misc. Harley Parts for sale. Please Read The Rules For Posting In the Classified Section before attempting to post here.

Options to PayPal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 05:56 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by mstcswagb20
Thanks guys for the info so far. I've had bad experience with PayPal in the past, and I don't like the idea of giving them access to my bank account/credit card. I may give in, but I'll explore other options first. Not like I plan on doing a whole lot of selling!
ive been using paypal for at least 15 years (or however long they been around) have sold at least 1000 things on ebay using paypal to sell and take money and have never once had a problem. Give it another shot.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:31 PM
180Tiger
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Conspiracy revealed

First of all Peeps are those little yellow marshmallow chickens at Walmart. I ain't one. Second of all you got me and my fellow DOWN WITH PAYPAL compatriots. You can sleep well tonite. I thought forums were for the exchange of experiences and ideas. I relayed an experience where I felt I was treated unfairly so passed it along for what it was worth. Gonna continue to do that at my leisure and when compelled to do so. Why don't you chill out? Hey, I hear that Arab/Israeli thing is a real bitch. Try solving that and STFU about me.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:44 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by Monkeymann_916
Yeah, I would also like to hear more detail of "script", as it is peeps like you who put the fear in people of being scammed someway.
Ive been using since they started, zero problems.
They cover any purchases, can see any transaction RIGHT AWAY into your account, and make sure you doing before sending merchandise, because at this point, its still the buyer taking a chance, not seller.
Don't start putting labels or names on people.(against the rules anyway) He was just stating his feelings. Maybe he had a problem getting money back on a bad deal. That can happen if someone uses "Gift" or "Friends & Family" with someone they don't know. One of the reasons we don't allow that method on the forums.
Another thing is you can't go back and change your ad after a few hours from posting. That way someone can't change the description after the sale in case of a problem.
Give people the benefit of the doubt.

Have a good day everyone
Sloufoot

Last edited by sloufoot; 05-01-2018 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:25 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

OK. I just read all the posts and didn't see any that called anyone a name or attached a label. A couple of us said we would like to hear that story of bad treatment of a customer though. Is that against the rules? To ask for more details??

We always want to hear of wrong doing, but we would like to hear the details so we can make up our own minds. Each of us has a different threshold of bad treatment.

I don't think anyone here has been treated with disrespect. If I missed that, please show me the infraction.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:46 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

No problems sending or receiving money from my PayPal accounts when first started years ago i had a few problems but they were taken care of almost instantly.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:41 PM
sloufoot

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
OK. I just read all the posts and didn't see any that called anyone a name or attached a label. A couple of us said we would like to hear that story of bad treatment of a customer though. Is that against the rules? To ask for more details??

We always want to hear of wrong doing, but we would like to hear the details so we can make up our own minds. Each of us has a different threshold of bad treatment.

I don't think anyone here has been treated with disrespect. If I missed that, please show me the infraction.
"as it is peeps like you who put the fear in people of being scammed someway."

Last edited by sloufoot; 05-01-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:08 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
"as it is peeps like you who put the fear in people of being scammed someway."
How in gods green earth do I put fear into anyone??????????????????????

By asking a F%$#ing question or wanting more info?????

I've never described or mentioned a scam in my life.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:01 AM
Monkeymann_916
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 180Tiger
First of all Peeps are those little yellow marshmallow chickens at Walmart. I ain't one. Second of all you got me and my fellow DOWN WITH PAYPAL compatriots. You can sleep well tonite. I thought forums were for the exchange of experiences and ideas. I relayed an experience where I felt I was treated unfairly so passed it along for what it was worth. Gonna continue to do that at my leisure and when compelled to do so. Why don't you chill out? Hey, I hear that Arab/Israeli thing is a real bitch. Try solving that and STFU about me.

We actually gave value to your words, and even asked for clarification on what was meant by a "script", as obviously some of us didn't understand. Now if asking for clarification on your own statement is you feeling you are being attacked in someway, then maybe you shouldn't post in a public forum, as that was the farthest from what I meant. "peeps" means people, thats it, I have no idea about Walmart chickens....

Also, I will change my post to say people, as I don't want to hurt others feelings in anyway.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:11 AM
Monkeymann_916
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
How in gods green earth do I put fear into anyone??????????????????????

By asking a F%$#ing question or wanting more info?????

I've never described or mentioned a scam in my life.
Gary, sir,
it is 180tiger who is the one who made the negative statement of using PayPal, in which more then a few of us asked for clarification on his statement, as he said someone used a "script" of some sort, and Im sure we all asked in hoping to further our knowledge of PayPal, with good and bad.
Somehow, with people using the quote option, made it look like it was from you.

All I wanted to know was more detail on how 180TIGER thi

Old 05-03-2018, 12:29 AM
sloufoot

Gary,,,, Nothing was ever directed at you was it? The remark that set the stage was a condescending remark made about someone that had a bad experience with PayPal. No one knows what that was that made the bad feelings. but ......

Monkeymann ,,, The remark was " Yeah, I would also like to hear more detail of "script", as it is peeps like you who put the fear in people of being scammed someway."
It would make much more sense to just ask the question like what was your bad experience, so we can learn from it also??
Some people have a very thin skin and short fuses. Sometimes things like that sets off an argument,,, Unneeded !

After all, this is the internet, do you trust everything out there ? I ended up last year having to replace 3 credit cards from not being able to use PayPal and giving out my card number directly to businesses. Luckily I ended getting all taken care of. Dammed unscrupulous employees !

Anyway, what the script was would be what someone is reading back to you to make their stand (PayPal). A scripted reply being read from a list of answers. They didn't listen to anything he had to say. Also that they didn't have any record of the transaction.
The only thing I could figure out is someone used a "Gift" or "Friends & Family" that wouldn't leave a trail for them to follow.

Anyway, Have a good day guys !
Sloufoot

Last edited by sloufoot; 05-03-2018 at 01:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Options to PayPal?