Motorcycle Parts For Sale-Misc. Parts See Specific Models in Sub forums Below This is the place to post your misc. Harley Parts for sale. Please Read The Rules For Posting In the Classified Section before attempting to post here.

Options to PayPal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 08:21 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
Gary,,,, Nothing was ever directed at you was it? The remark that set the stage was a condescending remark made about someone that had a bad experience with PayPal. No one knows what that was that made the bad feelings. but ......

Monkeymann ,,, The remark was " Yeah, I would also like to hear more detail of "script", as it is peeps like you who put the fear in people of being scammed someway."
It would make much more sense to just ask the question like what was your bad experience, so we can learn from it also??
Some people have a very thin skin and short fuses. Sometimes things like that sets off an argument,,, Unneeded !

After all, this is the internet, do you trust everything out there ? I ended up last year having to replace 3 credit cards from not being able to use PayPal and giving out my card number directly to businesses. Luckily I ended getting all taken care of. Dammed unscrupulous employees !

Anyway, what the script was would be what someone is reading back to you to make their stand (PayPal). A scripted reply being read from a list of answers. They didn't listen to anything he had to say. Also that they didn't have any record of the transaction.
The only thing I could figure out is someone used a "Gift" or "Friends & Family" that wouldn't leave a trail for them to follow.

Anyway, Have a good day guys !
Sloufoot
Thanks. I've always hated conversing with text. I prefer verbal, face to face or telephone conversations. That way you can't misinterpret someone and get into deep $hit.
Have a great day

The following users liked this post:
sloufoot (05-03-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Monkeymann_916
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Thanks. I've always hated conversing with text. I prefer verbal, face to face or telephone conversations. That way you can't misinterpret someone and get into deep $hit.
Have a great day

see, my whole thing is, if it was either of the 2 things you mentioned, then it wasn't PayPal. Just because someone has a bad online experience, just as you mentioned your credit card fiasco, doesn't mean that paypal will give you same experience. PayPal covers both buyer and seller, everything is submitted as a transaction. So connecting a bank account doesnt allow them to secretly take your money. Sorry if I hurt said it wrong, as I was pretty much just asking for same clarification, but added my little comment that may have ruffled some feathers...But it also may not have, perception is different for every human being.
Sorry this went to where it did.
Keep rubber side down brothers!!
Peace

The following users liked this post:
sloufoot (05-06-2018)