Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Back on the market 2014 Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 03:50 PM
RootbeerKing
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboyron
About 30 miles away is a chopper bike shop that has two exact bikes like mine.
Mileage comparable, same year, same color.....
They are asking aprox. 17K for each one.

How am I supposed to compete with that?
You compete as I would think that most buyers or at least I am more trusting of an individual than a dealer; but that's just me. Good Luck!

Old 04-26-2017, 07:46 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

What i really like about your bike is the reverse. I know a lot of guy's don't but as we get older it make's riding a 900lb touring bike easier to get around in those spots we sometimes get stuck in. Hang in there you'll sell it.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:07 PM
angel suarez
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's hard to compete. I just picked up the same bike for 17500. It had the reverse but no V&H.

Great looking bike too

Old 05-12-2017, 02:47 PM
grimace71
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There's definitely a lull in the market that is bleeding down to the used market. Everyone wants an M8, or they want a used bike with 15K or less miles on it. There's been a really nice 2011 RGC with quick-release Tourpak & full LED lighting; 31K miles & pristine condition for sale near me ....for only $10K going on three weeks now (I've verified clear title and am seriously thinking about putting it in my garage.)

These are the struggles of buying just about anything new (and financing 90%+ of the cost of it). My late-model large SUV is 2 years old and I'm still probably 15-20% under water on it.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:53 PM
grimace71
Novice

Whoa!...I'm going to amend my post. Your bike is every bit worth what you're asking with everything you've done to it. Especially with the reverse kit. Maybe folks just aren't paying attention. For your classified ads you've placed, you need to have your default picture for them have banners like "Low Miles" .... "$1500 Reverse Kit Installed" .... "Exhaust" .... "Tuner" ....etc.

If I was in the market, I'd be all over this bike vs. 95% of the later-model Ultra Limited's out there.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:39 AM
tehan2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,918 Likes on 1,123 Posts

Here's something to think about too...
If they're for resale at $17k, they likely paid around $14,500. So there's 2 sellers near you with nearly identical bikes that sold for under $15k

years ago. I got a job with a company car so I had no need for my car. I owed more than it was worth, as evident to no phone calls or interest at my asking price, which was my payoff number. Finally I had a guy stop who saw it in my driveway with the for sale sign. Made me an offer thousands below what I needed for it. I told him no, and he gave me his number in case I changed my mind.

My wife talked some common sense into me. I was paying $500 a month for a car that was sitting, and $1000 a year for insurance on it. My wife said to take his offer, because long term I would have paid that $3000 to keep it another 5 months (car payment and insurance).

She was right and I sold it.

If bikes are SELLING for $17k , that's where you need to be to sell, or in just a few months you'd have spent the difference in payments anyways

The following 2 users liked this post by tehan2:
Plow64 (05-14-2017), u wish u could ride (05-14-2017)
Old 05-27-2017, 09:54 AM
flyboyron
Road Warrior
Received 262 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by tehan2
Here's something to think about too...
If they're for resale at $17k, they likely paid around $14,500. So there's 2 sellers near you with nearly identical bikes that sold for under $15k

years ago. I got a job with a company car so I had no need for my car. I owed more than it was worth, as evident to no phone calls or interest at my asking price, which was my payoff number. Finally I had a guy stop who saw it in my driveway with the for sale sign. Made me an offer thousands below what I needed for it. I told him no, and he gave me his number in case I changed my mind.

My wife talked some common sense into me. I was paying $500 a month for a car that was sitting, and $1000 a year for insurance on it. My wife said to take his offer, because long term I would have paid that $3000 to keep it another 5 months (car payment and insurance).

She was right and I sold it.

If bikes are SELLING for $17k , that's where you need to be to sell, or in just a few months you'd have spent the difference in payments anyways
Thanks, see PM.

Old 05-28-2017, 02:25 PM
flyboyron
Road Warrior

I lowered the price to $18,000.00. You can't pass that up!

Old 06-01-2017, 09:20 AM
flyboyron
Road Warrior

I've decided that if I were looking for a bike and found this one at this price, with these options, I do whatever I could to buy this bike before anyone else could.
So I decided to keep it.
I did have one call on it, but the guy did not have much enthusiasm, acting like the bike was nothing special. I told him we could go down to the dealer and get all the paperwork done and he could have the bike the same day, but he didn't want to spend the extra money to do that. I sure would have done that to get this bike.
Oh well.
My wife says I can keep it as long as I start riding it more. So that is what I will do. I will plan on riding it at least one day a week to work, and then on the weekend to some bike nights.
Thanks for all your input. I appreciate it.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:42 AM
grimace71
Novice

I will plan on riding it at least one day a week to work, and then on the weekend to some bike nights.
Thanks for all your input. I appreciate it.
AWESOME!! I always assumed you were selling to get something else, but it doesn't sound like that was the case. I'm stoked that you've decided to keep it and make a commitment to ride more.

You should also plan a monthly 400+ mile ride. There's just nothing quite like eating-up blacktop from dawn 'til dusk to make you hungry for more. I've always been a day-tripper (on the street), but recently started throwing-in some overnighters as well. That is even more fun.

Soak it up brother. Next thing you know, you'll have 40K miles on that bugger.

The following users liked this post:
04ctd (06-01-2017)