Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

09 flhtcu great cond!/nada book val-$10,886/1st $8,500 buys it!

Old 12-28-2018, 10:42 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts
Default 09 flhtcu great cond!/nada book val-$10,886/1st $8,500 buys it!

================================================== ================================================== ============================

2009 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHTCU

MILEAGE: 28,700

THIS MOTORCYCLE IS IN VERY GOOD COND, COSMETICALLY IT'S "RED HOT SUNGLO " PAINT HAS APPROX 3 SMALL
CHIPS ON IT,OTHER THEN THAT THE PAINT,PIPES,WHEELS & CHROME IN GENERAL ARE ALL IN VERY GOOD BETTER THEN AVG COND FOR A 9YR OLD BIKE WITH 28,700 MILES ON IT.

MECHANICALLY THE BIKE IS IN MUCH BETTER COND THEN YOUR AVG USED 2009 FLHTCU WITH 28K
MILES ON IT, IT RUNS & PERFORMS GREAT / BETTER THEN MOST USED OF EQUAL AGE & MILEAGE.

MOTOR & TRANS HAVE NO LEAK ISSUES TOO.

BELOW THE PICTURE OF THE BIKE YOU WILL SEE A DESCRIPTION OF THE K'S OF DOLLARS
OF ACCESSORIES & OR MODS I ADDED TO THIS BIKE MAKING IT MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE TO RIDE
THAT ALSO IMPROVED ENGINE PERF TOO.

THEN BELOW THAT YOU WILL SEE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS OF MAINT I JUST PERFORMED ON THE BIKE
ALONG WITH THEN HOW I HAVE MAINTAINED THE BIKE SINCE BUYING IT IN 2014 TOO.

I AM THE 2ND ADULT OWNER OF THIS BIKE,I BOUGHT IT IN 2014 WITH 9,700 MILES ON IT FROM
THE ORIGINAL OWNER THAT WAS 65YRS OLD THAT MAINTAINED IT WELL.

I PUT APPROX 19K MILES ON IT IN WHAT'S GOING ON 5 YRS I HAVE OWNED IT DOING MOST OF
THE MAINT MYSELF WITH THE BIKE HAVING ONLY 2 ADULT OWNERS SINCE NEW THAT DIDNT
ABUSE IT EITHER.

CURRENT NADA VALUE ON THIS BIKE FOR MY AREA AS OF 12/28/18 SHOWS:

LOW AVG RETAIL AS $8,250

AVG RETAIL AS $10,886

I AM ASKING $9,900 OR BEST " REASONABLE OFFER" ON IT'S CURRENT $10,886 BOOK VALUE.

I HAVE THE BIKE LISTED FOR SALE WITH A SALES PERSON I KNOW LOCALLY (AM OUT OF TOWN)
(STEVE RAIZMAN) SO IT'S IN HIS CAR SALES SHOWROOM WITH PICS ETC.

THE 1ST SERIOUS $8,500 OFFER ($2,386 UNDER BOOK!) MADE TO STEVE WILL BUY THIS GREAT TURNKEY READY TO GO BIKE!(HAS NEW TIRES,NEW FRONT & REAR BRAKE PADS,NEW PLUGS & WIRES,OIL CHANGED ALL 3 HOLES,FRESH AIR FILTER & ALSO READ BELOW TO SEE MUCH MORE MAINT I HAVE JUST DONE TO THE BIKE & ACCESSORIES/MODS I ADDED TOO.)

MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED MAINT I DID TO THIS BIKE ISN'T DONE ON THE
AVG USED 2009 HD REQUIRING THE NEW OWNER SPEND K'S OF $$$$$$$$$$/DOLLARS OVER THE YRS CATCHING UP WITH MAINT ISSUES ALL OLDER BIKES HAVE IF NOT KEPT UP ON LIKE I HAVE DONE.

LETTING IT GO FOR $8,500 ($2,386 UNDER BOOK!) GIVES SOMEONE A GREAT DEAL ON
A TRUE TURN KEY BIKE NEEDING NOTHING .

THAT GREAT PRICE ALSO ALLOWS FOR SHIPPING IF BOUGHT OUT OF STATE OF WHAT COULD BE
$500-700-800-900 DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCATION IN THE USA WHILE STILL BEING WELL BELOW
BOOK VALUE INC SHIPPING COST WHICH IS A WIN WIN FOR THE BUYER/NEW OWNER OF THIS BIKE.

TO SEE THE BIKE JUST GO TO THE LINK I PASTED BELOW FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS
BELOW THE LINK.

https://www.carsofny.com/newandusedcars.aspx?clearall=1&typeid=1

* IF ABOVE LINK DOESN'T WORK WHEN CLICKING ON IT HERE THEN COPY & PASTE LINK (DIRECTLY ABOVE!) INTO A GOOGLE
SEARCH WINDOW AND SEARCH IT TO GET THE SITE UP IN GOOGLE.

* THEN CLICK ON THE SITE " (USED CARS FOR SALE HIGHLAND NY/RAIZMAN AUTO SALES)

* THEN WHEN THE SITE OPENS UP CLICK ON THE " INVENTORY " TAB
IN UPPER LEFT OF WEBSITE SCREEN.

* THEN CHOOSE/CLICK ON THE " HARLEY-DAVIDSON " IN HIS INVENTORY LIST
TO SEE MY BIKE FOR SALE W-PICS.

If interested call the # directly below to speak with Steve because with me being out of town he is handling the sale for me and has the clean title,keys, paperwork etc that go's with the bike to complete the sale.

Here is Steve's contact info:

Steve's email is: sraizman@aol.com

Steve's Phone # is 845-691-9800

BELOW YOU WILL SEE A PIC OF THE BIKE ALONG WITH INFO ON IT ,ACCESSORIES I ADDED & MAINT ETC I HAVE DONE TO THE BIKE TOO.

Thanks....Scott

================================================== ==============================

================================================== ==============================

" ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES I INSTALLED/IMPROVEMENTS I PERFORMED ON THIS MOTORCYCLE ARE AS FOLLOWS: "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* CHROME WINDSCREEN TRIM

* CHROME GAUGE KIT ON FARING

* CHROME HD TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK

* ULTRACOOL OIL COOLER WITH TWIN THERMOSTATICALLY CONTROLLED COOLING FANS

* WARDS TWIN COOLING FANS,COOLS UPPER CYLS & HEADS (WARDS FANS ARE PRE-CURSOR TO LOVE JUGS MIGHTY-MITE TWIN COOLING FANS)

NOTE: THE ABOVE MENTIONED OIL COOLER & WARDS COOLING FANS COLLECTIVELY TOGETHER REDUCED OIL TEMP UP TO 50DEG F IN SUMMER HEAT SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCING HEAT COMING FROM MOTOR INCREASING OVERALL ENGINE PERF WHILE INCREASING RIDER COMFORT DUE TO LESS ENGINE HEAT

* ADDITIONAL WIND DEFLECTORS UNDER FORK & ON LOWER FARING TO ELIMINATE WIND BUFFETING

* EXTERNAL CRANKCASE BREATHER,ELIMINATES HOT OIL MIST LADEN AIR FROM CRANKCASE FROM BEING SUCKED INTO MOTOR REDUCING CARBON BUILDUP,REDUCES COMBUSTION CHAMBER TEMP,KEEPS INTAKE,THROTTLE BODY & AIR CLEANER MUCH CLEANER INCREASING OVERALL ENGINE PERF TOO.

* HD/SE (SCREAMING EAGLE) BETTER BREATHING AIR FILTER & COVER (HAVE ORIGINAL OEM AIR FILTER ASSEMBLY INCLUDING NEW AIR FILTER THAT GO'S WITH BIKE

NOTE:THE SE AIR FILTER IS CLEANABLE USING K&N PUMP SPRAY AIR FILTER CLEANER & WARM WATER RINSE. BUT DO NOT OIL IT LIKE A K&N BECAUSE THE SE AIR FILTER ISNT DESIGNED TO BE OILED AND WILL CAUSE RUNABILITY ISSUES IF OILED.

* NEW PROGRESSIVE SPRINGS IN FRONT FORKS.(CORRECTED FRONT FORK DIVE WHEN BRAKING AND FIRMED UP/IMPROVED HANDLING TOO.)

* ADJUSTABLE(FORWARD & BACK) MOUNT/ RACK FOR TOUR PACK FOR BETTER PASSENGER COMFORT

* HIGH PERF/BRIGHTER PIAA BULBS IN HEADLIGHT AND PASSING LAMPS

* BAL/BRIGHT *** LIGHTS REAR TAIL LIGHT/LAMP ASSEMBLY WITH BRIGHT LED'S ALONG WITH ADJUSTMENT TO MAKE BRAKE LIGHT PULSE/BLINK ETC TO ENSURE IT GETS PEOPLES ATTENTION THE MOTORCYCLE'S SLOWING DOWN,STOPPING OR IS STOPPED

* VIED'S/VARIABLE INLINE ENRICHMENT DEVICE (ADJUSTABLE RESISTORS) THAT SLIGHT ENRICH FUEL MIXTURE OVER MOTORS ENTIRE OPERATING RANGE TO CORRECT EXTREME LEAN FACTORY FUEL CALIBRATION THAT ELIMINATED LEAN SURGE @ LIGHT THROTTLE/LOWER RPM CRUISE,MADE THROTTLE RESPONSE MORE CRISP ALONG WITH SMOOTHING OUT IDLE TOO.

BIKE STILL GETS 42.5-43 MPG IN RIDING 2UP (LIGHT WT RIDERS!) RIDING CONSERVATIVELY ,CAN GET 44.45 MPG RIDING CONSERVATIVELY 1UP .

* DUAL HELMET LOCKS MOUNTED UNDER TOUR PACK ON TOUR PACK MOUNT/RACK

* TOUR PACK LINER

* BAG LINERS

* PUMP FOR REAR AIR SHOCKS

* HD TOOLKIT

* YUASA 12V/6V BATTERY TENDER

* ADDITIONAL 12V SOURCE LOCATED OUT OF SIGHT TO RIGHT SIDE BEHIND PASSENGER

* " MEAN CITY CYCLES " MOD TO STOCK HD SEAT HAVING MEMORY FOAM INSTALLED IN DRIVER AND PASSENGER AREAS OF SEAT

* EXTENSION ON TURN SIGNAL BUTTONS MAKING IT MUCH EASIER TO FIND/OPERATE

* HD OIL TEMP GAUGE

*RIGHT SIDE FOOT BOARD EXTENDER,MOVER RIGHT FOOT FURTHER AWAY FROM EXHAUST PIPE

================================================== =================================

" RECENT MAINT PERFORMED ON THIS MOTORCYCLE IS AS FOLLOWS: "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* CHANGED MOTOR OIL & FILTER (APPROX 100 MILES AGO SO NO NEED TO CHANGE IT!)

* CHANGED PRIMARY CASE OIL (APPROX 100 MILES AGO SO NO NEED TO CHANGE IT!)

* CHANGED TRANSMISSION OIL (APPROX 100 MILES AGO SO NO NEED TO CHANGE IT)

NOTE:I USE & REC SPECTRO OIL FOR THIS MOTORCYCLE,I USE EITHER SPECTRO SEMI BLEND OR FULL SYN 20W-50 IN THE MOTOR,SPECTRO SYN 75W-140 IN THE TRANS & SPECTRO STD DINO MINERAL OIL 85W IN THE PRIMARY CASE ALL OF WHICH ARE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED & FORMULATED FOR LRG HD V-TWINS.

SPECTRO MOTORCYCLE SPECIFIC OIL KEEPS THIS HD MOTOR RUNNING NICE & QUIET ALONG WITH TRANS SHIFTING WELL AND CLUTCH ALSO WORKING NICE & SMOOTH (EAST TO FIND NEUTRAL TOO!) WHICH ISNT THE CASE WHEN RUNNING THE SAME GRADE/TYPE OIL ALL IN ALL 3 OF THOSE COMPONENTS LIKE MANY GUYS DO THATS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST WAY TO APPROACH IT.

IT'S MFG'D IN CT. & IS AVAIL ONLINE OR AT SOME MOTORCYCLE DEALERS/SHOPS TOO.

* CLEANED AIR FILTER (IT'S A CLEANABLE NON OIL TYPE HD SE TYPE AIR FILTER THAT USES THE STOCK OUTER HD CHROME AIRCLEANER COVER.)

* NEW OEM HD DBL PLATINUM SPARK PLUGS (GOOD FOR AT LEAST 45-50K MILES)

* NEW OEM HD SPARK PLUG WIRES

* COMPLETE BRAKE SYSTEM WAS FLUSHED,REFILLED,BLED & ABS RESET/RE-FLASHED BY HD DEALER PER HD NOTICE/REC TO DO SO EVERY 2YRS

* NEW OEM HD FRONT & REAR BRAKE PADS

* NEW FRONT & REAR TIRES/MICHELIN COMMANDER 2'S,THEY GO ON AVG 20K REAR/24K FRONT RIDING CONSERVATIVELY

* NEW FRONT & REAR WHEEL BEARINGS

* NEW OEM SE/SCREAMING EAGLE COMPENSATOR

NOTE:WHILE PRIMARY CASE COVER WAS OFF TO REPLACE THE COMPENSATOR I REPLACED THE CLUTCH SPRING WITH AN OEM HD PART WHILE IT WAS EASY TO ACCESS & IN EXPENSIVE TOO DO. PRIMARY CHAIN TENSIONER LOOKED LIKE BRAND NEW WITH LITTLE TO NO WEAR SHOWING SO DIDN'T REPLACE IT.

* NEW PROGRESSIVE SPRINGS & MIX OF OEM HD SE HVY DUTY FORK OIL IN FRONT FORKS TO CORRECT/ELIMINATE MUSHY FORK FEEL AND EXCESSIVE FORK DIVE WHEN BRAKING MODERATELY.

* CHANGED REAR SHOCK OIL TO 10W SHOCK SPECIFIC OIL TO IMPROVE DAMPENING
AND RIDE COM FORT DUE TO SHOCKS NOW REQUIRING LESS AIR PRESSURE IN REAR SHOCKS.

NOTE: IN REAR AIRS HOCKS USE APPROX 20PSI FOR RIDING 1 UP & 40 PSI RIDING 2 UP FOR AVG SIZE/WT RIDERS. HEAVIER RIDERS WILL NEED TO RUN HIGHER SHOCK PRESSURE.

* YUASA'S TOP OF THE LINE AGM MAINT FREE POWERFUL 500CCA BATTERY(OEM IS 385-400CCA), THIS HIGH END HI TECH YUASA MAINT FREE AGM BATTERY HAS A REP FOR GOING 6.5- 7+YRS ON AVG THATS BEEN IN THIS BIKE APPROX 2.75YRS. SO WITH THAT SAID THIS BATTERY SHOULD HAVE APPROX 3.5-4+ YRS SRV'C LIFE TO GO.

================================================== ================================================== ==

" THIS IS MORE INFO ON HOW I MAINTAINED THIS MOTORCYCLE & REC IT BE MAINTAINED IN THE FUTURE TOO:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* FUEL,YOU CAN RUN EITHER HD'S REC OF 91 OR 93 OCTANE FUEL,BUT DO NOT RUN 87 OR 89 OCTANE FUEL BECAUSE IT WILL CAUSE DAMAGING DETONATION ESP IN WARMER TEMPS & WHEN THE MOTORS UNDER MORE LOAD LIKE WHEN FOR EXAMPLE RIDING 2UP WITH BAGS & TOUR PACK LOADED.

Also,make sure to treat fuel with fuel stabilizer when bike is going to sit for more then 4-5 wks or longer with non use to avoid fuel degradation/clogging/damage of fuel system/injectors etc. I use & rec Marine Grade Stabil fuel stabilizer at a more robust long term storage rate of 1oz marine grade Stabil per 5 gals fuel and not the weaker rec daily dose rate of 1oz stabilizer per 10gals fuel which in some situations is weak enough to lead to fuel degradation/spoilage damaging or clogging fuel system in longer term storage.

* Change motor oil & filter every 4k miles (not @ HD's rec 5k miles!) using oil shown below .

Air cooled motorcycle motors are very hard on motor oil due to the extreme heat lrg are cooled v-twins produce which can sheer viscosity thinning the oil resulting in less protection along with the oil also getting dirtier at 5k vs my 4k mile rec oil & filter change too.

SPECTRO:

Heavy Duty Golden Semi-Synthetic is the ultimate Semi-synthetic blended engine lubricant designed specifically for use in Harley® V-Twin engines. Our proprietary combination of world class Group IV synthetic lubricants, superior base stocks and advanced anti-wear additives provides lower consumption rates, extends component life, reduces wear.

Note:Also clean small external K&N type crankcase breather (located on lower right side of bike close to front of swingarm) at every motor oil & filter change. Also check air filter @ every motor oil & filter change and clean if needed as rec above.

* Change primary case oil at 4k miles when motor oil & filter changes are done using oil shown below. HD rec's 10k mile primary case oil change which is way too long.
That's because going 10k miles on primary case oil which results in excessive amount of dirt/clutch material/metallic contamination in the oil from from wear of clutch plates,compensator,starter & flywheel engaugement etc that can cause premature wear of all components in the primary case. So changing the p[rim case earlier at 4k miles results in much less contamination in the oil so all components in the primary are bathed in cleaner oil at all times for less wear.

SPECTRO:

Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil
This sheer stable petroleum is designed to withstand the punishment of high loads, and contains special polymers to provide exceptional clutch engagement and temperature stability. Meets full OEM requirements, and should be used according to manufacturer’s instructions. Formulated specifically for Harley® Big Twin applications. Low drag, low friction loss SAE 85w viscosity eliminates clutch “drag” and slipping.

* Change transmission oil 1x yrly or 10k miles whichever comes 1st (vs HD's rec of 20k miles) using Spectros specific 6spd trans oil shown below.
I rec shorter trans oil change because that's too long to run it for 2 reasons,1st is too much dirt/wear debries is generated in trans oil in 20k miles along with 2nd it taking the avg person 3-4 yrs to pout 20k miles on the bike which is too long to go without changing it too.

SPECTRO:

Heavy Duty Platinum Full Synthetic 6 speed Transmission Lube

Designed by Spectro in response to complaints from Harley owners about the great but noisy new 6-speed transmission, this full synthetic provides ultimate lubrication protection. Formulated to significantly reduce gear noise and provide easier, smoother shifting, this SAE 75w140 formulation eases shifting even when cold. High loads and extreme heat do not affect the oil, so it performs well when pushed hard and long. A.P.I. GL-5 rated

Note:In general changing the primary case oil & trans oil earlier then HD rec's is very easy to do and doesnt take much oil either (trans 1qt,prim approx 1.25qts) and ensuring there is always fresher clean oil in the trans,primary and motor too will make the trans & clutch operate better/smoother for more miles hopefully avoiding expensive repairs/breakdowns in the future.

" All above mentioned spectro motorcycle oil is avail online at link shown below. "

http://www.spectroshop.com/heavy-duty-v-twin/cat_3.html

SpectroShop - Heavy Duty V-Twin - www.SpectroShop.ComSpectroShop - Heavy Duty V-Twin - www.SpectroShop.Com

Spectro Motorcycle Oil - Official Spectro-Oils Authorized E-commerce Site. Motorcycle Oil and Gear lubes. Spectr...
Run chevron Techron (use " Concentrated Plus " version stated on front label) thru a full tank of fuel
1x every 3k miles at a treat rate of 1.5 oz per gal fuel,so 9 oz techron concentrate plus
per 6 gals fuel.

Doing that will ensure combustion chambers,pistons,valves & fuel injectors are clean of excess carbon buildup etc
so the motor will always run at top/peak performance at all times.

It's avail at most local auto parts stores,Walmart,etc,see below for example.

Last edited by wscott; 12-28-2018 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:49 AM
Kingface
Road Master
Received 178 Likes on 131 Posts

Wow, That's the most thorough add I've ever seen on this forum. Awesome deal for someone!!! GLWS

Old 12-29-2018, 08:40 AM
jessultra
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 86 Posts

wow glws , what did you buy ?

Old 12-29-2018, 09:19 AM
wscott
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jessultra
wow glws , what did you buy ?
Need the $$$$ at this time.

Sure wasnt planning on selling my HD any time soon which is part of the reason why maint is so up to date on it
because it would not make sense to do spend all the money to do that if i was going to sell it ,but things change in life
at times and at this time i need the $$$$.

If you add up all the money in recent maint items i did to the bike along with the accessories/.mods i did too
$8,500 on a $10,800 book value is a good deal for someone even if they have to ship the bike because they can still be considerably
below book value for the bike post shipping cost.

For or anyone that might be interested in the bike and are looking to est shipping cost the bike is located in NY state approx 75miles north of NY City.

FYI,Dont feel too sorry for me selling my baby because i am lucky to have a 2nd bike in the stable thats not an HD but is decent enough to hold
me till i can get back to another HD in the not so distant future.

My 2nd bike is a 2012 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado with hard bags,windscreen etc that for those that arent aware is a 1700cc v-twin air cooled cruiser,it's not a Harley for sure but at least i can still get on the road on 2 wheels and it didnt break the bank when i bought it either.

I bought it a little over a yr ago from the original owner in brand new cond with only 1,250 miles on it for $5,800 on the $7,500 book value it had at the time.

I got the 2nd bike because it's it's bit smaller/lighter to handle around town (esp riding riding 2up) & to also keep some miles off the HD when riding in just my area &
save the HD for longer hauls,but lucky for me the Yami R* is lrg enough to handle some longer hauls till i can maybe i can get back to an HD @ a later date.

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 12-29-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:40 AM
jessultra
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 86 Posts

Scott i completely understand...good luck with everything

Old 12-30-2018, 07:18 PM
wscott
Road Warrior

Forgot to mention i chose to sell the HD because it's worth more $$$$ which is what i need at the moment and would think my HD being " priced realistically to sell " (esp considering all the maint just done & mods too!) in a market flooded with used HD's would sell a bit quicker then the Yami R* too, i guess time will tell on that./LOL!!

Happy Motoring.

Scott

Old 01-01-2019, 09:29 PM
wscott
Road Warrior

----------

Old 01-06-2019, 10:32 AM
wscott
Road Warrior

Bump—————

Old 01-09-2019, 09:31 PM
wscott
Road Warrior

Bump....................

Old 01-16-2019, 09:28 AM
wscott
Road Warrior

Bump...........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 09 flhtcu great cond!/nada book val-$10,886/1st $8,500 buys it!