Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2017 Road Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 06:17 AM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBiker
This Forum is not the place to sell; for all the bikes I've sold over the past 10 years, don't think I ever had even one inquiry on here. You can do a free 2-week ad on CYCLE TRADER, and almost all my sales have come from Craigslist ad responses. And, as others have mentioned, the Private Seller market is poor, to say the least..
I agree. Considering the price to put adds on Craigslist it's no reason why most bikes wind up there for sale. Unfortunately it also draws in all the crazies and scammers so you gotta know how to weed thru that BS as well.

I just checked the Pensacola CL and didn't see his bike there so it's worth a shot. Put it up for $20K and you're sure to get some hits. Maybe even someone serious about it.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

Put it on E-Bay and it will expand your Buyer's market nationwide. I've bought and sold several on E-Bay. Good buyer and seller protection. Bought my '14 CVO RK last month from a CL ad.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:43 AM
anthony_b.
Road Captain
Received 170 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Plow64
Put it on E-Bay and it will expand your Buyer's market nationwide. I've bought and sold several on E-Bay.
...eBay lately has been a terrible place to try to sell a Harley. Seems as though 90% of the bikes only get bid up to 50% of their value. Yeah, you do see some good buys there sell, but you also see alot of the same bikes over & over because they fail to meet reserve and they're just re-listed again & again.

Old 04-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony_b.
...eBay lately has been a terrible place to try to sell a Harley. Seems as though 90% of the bikes only get bid up to 50% of their value. Yeah, you do see some good buys there sell, but you also see alot of the same bikes over & over because they fail to meet reserve and they're just re-listed again & again.
Could put a buy-it-now price to weed out that issue?

Old 04-04-2019, 03:51 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by anthony_b.
This is just my opinion, but the bike's that aren't selling on E-Bay are over-priced, bad/few pictures, and/or with poor writeups/description.
The OP's cherry bike would sell like hotcakes on E-Bay. I'd do a $21,000 Buy-It-Now, with Best Offer option.
He'll get a lot of low-ball offers, but there are serious buyers who will put in legit bids to consider.
The BIN price is an enticement for the guy who doesn't feel like waiting around for the auction to finish, and doesn't care about 'saving' a few hundred bucks, and possibly letting the bike get away to another buyer.
And I'd cancel anyone's bid with zero or lousy feedback. Don't waste time on them.
If it doesn't sell, then adjust price/ad, and re-list.

Last edited by Plow64; 04-04-2019 at 03:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
anthony_b. (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 12:00 PM
ElectroMike
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBiker
for all the bikes I've sold over the past 10 years, **** almost all my sales have come from Craigslist ad responses.
Same here, I bought/sold most of mine on CL as well, just have to sort out thru the low ballers and crazies.

Don't list your phone# just let them reply to CL, which will then be autoforwarded to your email, there is no reason to list your number and get spammed, if someone wants it, they will email you and ask you to call or email them back. I would list it about $2k to $3k higher than you want, to leave room for negotiation, since most will never be happy with the asking price on CL and will feel like they got a good deal when you offer to drop $2k, then $3k when pressed and real.

Good luck!

Old 04-12-2019, 08:35 PM
traildog
Extreme HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectroMike
Same here, I bought/sold most of mine on CL as well, just have to sort out thru the low ballers and crazies.

Don't list your phone# just let them reply to CL, which will then be autoforwarded to your email, there is no reason to list your number and get spammed, if someone wants it, they will email you and ask you to call or email them back. I would list it about $2k to $3k higher than you want, to leave room for negotiation, since most will never be happy with the asking price on CL and will feel like they got a good deal when you offer to drop $2k, then $3k when pressed and real.

Good luck!
+1 I’ve had GREAT success on CL. Patience is the key.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:01 PM
musclehd
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default This is not the place to sell

Dont believe this "the used bike market is flooded" crap. It's not true. There are a lot of junk bikes out there...not a lot of very nice bikes.

-I have not had a hard time at all selling a bike over book value locally since I keep all of my bikes really clean and dont put on many miles
-Like others have said, this forum is not the place (possibly the worst place) to sell. Everyone on here thinks they are an expert and want a steal of a deal.
-Accessories are fine to sell on here though.

Last edited by musclehd; 04-14-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:18 AM
sh4325
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Plow64
This is just my opinion, but the bike's that aren't selling on E-Bay are over-priced, bad/few pictures, and/or with poor writeups/description.
The OP's cherry bike would sell like hotcakes on E-Bay. I'd do a $21,000 Buy-It-Now, with Best Offer option.
He'll get a lot of low-ball offers, but there are serious buyers who will put in legit bids to consider.
The BIN price is an enticement for the guy who doesn't feel like waiting around for the auction to finish, and doesn't care about 'saving' a few hundred bucks, and possibly letting the bike get away to another buyer.
And I'd cancel anyone's bid with zero or lousy feedback. Don't waste time on t it doesn't sell, then adjust price/ad, and re-list.
I tried to sell my car on Ebay once. Cost me $300 and did not even get a hit. Sold it on Craigslist for free.

Old 04-17-2019, 04:15 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by sh4325
I tried to sell my car on Ebay once. Cost me $300 and did not even get a hit. Sold it on Craigslist for free.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fe...=4127#section1