Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycles For Sale (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-74/)
-   -   Military Selling 2010 Heritage - Need Advice (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale/1434000-military-selling-2010-heritage-need-advice.html)

Montag 06-04-2023 12:45 PM

Military Selling 2010 Heritage - Need Advice

I am military stationed down south and found out we are PCS'ing. Need to sell my 2010 Harley Heritage with 20k Miles on it. Would like to figure out reasonable price before I put it on here or Facebook Marketplace. KBB says it worth around $11k, JD power says less than $9k. A guy near me is selling a 2009, that looks similar with 31k miles, for less than $7k. I don't want to give it away. But what the heck is it worth? I'll post a pic and what I have of the ad so far. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. I'm trying to sell local if possible.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...4dcaaf3833.jpg
2010 Harley Heritage 20k miles

Here's what I have in the ad so far.Selling for $9,500. Fantastic deal for someone! Blue Book Value is $11,635. Looks good and runs great. Well Maintained. New Battery, Vance and Hines Exhaust and much more. Has been garaged kept.

Comes with accessories worth over $2000!

* 3 Helmets – (Large & Small for Male & Female)

- 2 Helmets are Shoei

* Motorcycle Cover

* Battery Tender

* Motorcycle Jack/Lift

* Motorcycle Tools and Specialized Equipment

* Luggage Tour Pack

* Harley Maintenance Manual

* Saddle Bag Inserts (No Saggy Bags)

* Flashing Taillight Control (Safety)

* And whatever else I can give away

OKMICK 06-04-2023 12:52 PM

Looks like a good buy for someone. Good luck with your change of station.

Montag 06-04-2023 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by OKMICK (Post 21241633)
Looks like a good buy for someone. Good luck with your change of station.

Thanks, I thought it was a good deal too. But someone is giving away a 2009 with 31k miles for less than $7,000. I also didn't list all the stuff I'm giving away. Forgot about some of it.

Change of station is always fun. The bike has been just sitting in the garage for 4 years. I wax it, ride it around to keep it limber. But we've been too busy with "keeping the world safe for democracy" to do much with it. :-)

We'll see how it goes.

6113_ 06-04-2023 12:58 PM

Leave it over there at the MWR lot, I’ll help you out in a few months

but nice bike though

Y2K 06-04-2023 03:39 PM

Why not just have it shipped where you're going especially if it's still in the US?
I would think that as expensive as it is would be better than selling for peanuts and trying to replace it elsewhere.

Montag 06-04-2023 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Y2K (Post 21241774)
Why not just have it shipped where you're going especially if it's still in the US?
I would think that as expensive as it is would be better than selling for peanuts and trying to replace it elsewhere.

I moved it 2500 miles from my last duty station along with and additional 3000lbs in my trailer. Otherwise we'd be over our weight limit. My bride can't get rid of clothes, shoes, or the million "sentimental" decorations she bought at the Dollar Store that just sit in totes anyway. She said if I get rid of anything I might as well follow it out the door. :-)

We're going another 1,500 miles in the other direction again and I'm getting tired of hauling it. I'd like to just hop on and ride it off into the sunset, but my bride would find me.... Good thing too, as much as I bitch I couldn't live without her anyway... :-)

Montag 06-04-2023 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by 6113_ (Post 21241643)
Leave it over there at the MWR lot, I’ll help you out in a few months

but nice bike though

That's where it's at now. It's been garaged kept so I didn't want to leave it out. Of course we had another forecasted Florida monsoon and lightning storm. :-(

Y2K 06-04-2023 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Montag (Post 21241790)
I moved it 2500 miles from my last duty station along with and additional 3000lbs in my trailer. Otherwise we'd be over our weight limit. My bride can't get rid of clothes, shoes, or the million "sentimental" decorations she bought at the Dollar Store that just sit in totes anyway. She said if I get rid of anything I might as well follow it out the door. :-)

We're going another 1,500 miles in the other direction again and I'm getting tired of hauling it. I'd like to just hop on and ride it off into the sunset, but my bride would find me.... Good thing too, as much as I bitch I couldn't live without her anyway... :-)

There's plenty of haulers that move bikes cross country,have them move it for you for a few bucks.
Whatever you spend to have them move it will be less than you'll lose selling it for a song especially if you buy another bike.

07UltraGuy 06-04-2023 06:47 PM

Many dealerships will store bikes for active duty members being deployed.
I suspect that they can also help arrange transport if needed.

Good looking bike, I hope it works out for you.

Montag 06-04-2023 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Y2K (Post 21241928)
There's plenty of haulers that move bikes cross country,have them move it for you for a few bucks.
Whatever you spend to have them move it will be less than you'll lose selling it for a song especially if you buy another bike.

Hmmm, Interesting angle. And one I might try to use on my wife. She wants me to use my trailer to haul some of her excess crap she can't live without. But the "hey, honey, I'll get more for the bike out West, and use that money to buy something different " might be worth a try.

I'd probably move it myself, though. I've never had luck finding good haulers who won't screw up the bike\car, and actually pick it up or drop it off anywhere near on time. But it's worth a shot, I guess. I'll have to give it some thought. I really don't want to give it away. Especially after all the good times I've had with it, and all the work I put into it. thx