Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Mountain - Prairie (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/mountain-prairie-38/)
-   -   pcsing to ft. carson (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/mountain-prairie/203220-pcsing-to-ft-carson.html)

penick33 03-04-2008 06:04 PM

pcsing to ft. carson

My family and I are pcsing to carson hopfully soon, but we are not sure of what houseing and neighborhoods to look for, we are looking for a house in a peaceful neighborhood!! Hopfully I can catch up with some of you already down there and get some riding done this summer!!!!

redneckremi 03-04-2008 06:37 PM

RE: pcsing to ft. carson

Welcome to the colorado springs area. You will love the riding in the Rockies. If you are looking for places to live, there are planty of them around. It all depends what you are looking for of course and the price tag you are willing to pay (of course). We have two local Harley Davidson shops and a very nice HOG association that does alot. Of course we have a few riding clubs associated with our area (some good some not so good depending on your tastes). But having the Rockies in your back yard is the most important riding point I can make. Again, welcome to the Springs area. If you want more info, PM me. I will be more than willing to answer any questions you have. Later Gator, Remi

xjkbar1 03-04-2008 06:47 PM

Same with Remi, PM me and I'll give the low down on the neighborhoods. You can compare notes... We've been here for 9 yrs and love it!!!

martinjmac 03-04-2008 11:39 PM

Hey Steven,
Welcome to Carson. I have been stationed here for almost 3 years now and have reall enjoyed. Send me a PM sometime if you have specific questions about anything on or off post.
-Martin

DSnoopy 03-05-2008 08:32 AM

Same here dude. 6th generation Colorado Springs native. Let me know if you need any info, etc. I won't tell you where to live, as that is dependent upon your income, preference, whatever, but I can certainly tell you where NOT to live. ;)

PS - Where are you coming from? I ride with 3-5 guysstationed there.

08fxstb 03-07-2008 09:38 PM

hey penick33, hit me up! me and my wife just got here yesterday. Haven't even signed in yet. When do ya get here. we can go ridin' and get lost together. I'll shoot this as a pm also.

bum 03-27-2008 12:00 PM

Holy crap! All of a sudden Ft. Carson/Colorado Springs folks come flying out of the woodwork! I'll be back at the end of April for about a week. If the weather is good and the timing is right, we should get our own little HDF Ft. Carson/C.S. ride going?

BlueGoose 04-01-2008 07:03 PM

Yeah, I been here in the springs for 8 years, some awesome rides. There's a bunch of us on Peterson, usually riding somewhereon the weekends. Only have a couple months left then its off to FL for my last assignment. If you need someone to ride with PM me.

Welcome to the land of sudden hailstorms lol.

skiahh 04-05-2008 11:44 AM

Just got to Peterson myself. Looking forward to riding once my bike gets here. I'll be using it to commute to work, too, to save on gas $$. Lived on base at my last duty station, 1.25 miles from work!

DSnoopy 04-07-2008 09:40 AM

If riding to work, always be prepared for Colorado afternoon rain storms. Some summers we get very few, other summers we get them almost everyday. They can last 15 minutes to an hour and it will drop the temp from 90 to75 in a real hurry. Just remember to have your gear.