Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Where are the Utah riders @?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 08:00 PM
wyoming55
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Your right, Kelly's is a good place, your also right that it was a better bar when in Evanston, ussually a good bunch of people in the morgan bar though, I stop by there once a week or so in the summer, stopped by last Saturday night had a few brews.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:52 PM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Wyo, when is the Evanston Freedom Rally this year? I heard they were switching it from Memorial Day. Hopefully so, I really don't enjoy riding home in the snow.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ya we run to kellys atleast once a week. Hang out @ Angelos in Ogden to quite a bit. MyY dad says that was the place to be back in the day. No one is ever their now kinda sucks they got alot of history in that bar. Wyoming..i feel for ya your weather is way worse than ours man. Speaking of kellys, someone said there is a for sale sign out front. Any truth to that?

Old 01-24-2009, 07:01 PM
wyoming55
Tourer

Lundee, Haven't noticed a sign, and haven't heard anything about him selling, last week he was looking pretty content just being Kelly, but I'll double check on that, Doc, I haven't heard that they are changing the Freedom Rally date, there is some talk of it allmost every year, but it never seems to happen, Jack Lott is I guess still the main driver behind it and I think he's pretty much stuck on the Memorial Day rally, it's still ok, but the whole rally was better when Kelly's was in town, he never was really directly involved in the rally, since Jack and him didn't get along at all, but that big bar of his and all the stuff he had going on sure used to help make the rally.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:00 PM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member

I completely agree, the rally just hasn't been the same without Kelly's. We still go up every year though.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good weather 2morrow. May have to make a run to Kellys. Only bad thing is my Nighttrains on the stand. Guess I'm gonna have to rock the sporty,hope I remember how to foot shift

Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Road Hawg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lundee
Just curious if EVIlL and myself are the only people who ride bikes in Utah? What gives does no one know about this place on the forum or is that it?
First time on this part of the forum, usually on the touring section. Let's Ride....

Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 PM
wyoming55
Tourer

Since it's too cold to ride, up here on the hill it is anyways, just wondering if we've crossed paths riding and don't know it, this year we've went on several of the local runs, went on the run from Ogden up to Lava Hot Springs, went on the run from Salt Lake to Wendover, and rode over to Reno for Street Vibrations, made all the regular local rides several times, Mirror Lake, Mont Cristo, Wolf Creek-Hanna-Vernal-Gorge-Evanston, rode up to Red Lodge, Bear Tooth late spring when Bear Tooth had first opened. Rode up to Glacier-Idaho-Washinton, will probably make the local runs again in 2009, and so far have a ride planned to San Antonio, my wife rides too, she makes all those miles the tough way, on a Sportster, where did you guys go? Where you going 2009?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:37 AM
juspasnthru
Cruiser

Another Utah guy checking in-live down in Springville-

Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Road Hawg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wyoming55
Since it's too cold to ride, up here on the hill it is anyways, just wondering if we've crossed paths riding and don't know it, this year we've went on several of the local runs, went on the run from Ogden up to Lava Hot Springs, went on the run from Salt Lake to Wendover, and rode over to Reno for Street Vibrations, made all the regular local rides several times, Mirror Lake, Mont Cristo, Wolf Creek-Hanna-Vernal-Gorge-Evanston, rode up to Red Lodge, Bear Tooth late spring when Bear Tooth had first opened. Rode up to Glacier-Idaho-Washinton, will probably make the local runs again in 2009, and so far have a ride planned to San Antonio, my wife rides too, she makes all those miles the tough way, on a Sportster, where did you guys go? Where you going 2009?
Wyoming, Been on the same roads, Kelly and I are old Buds from the Evanston days. Your bike looks familiar, probably seen you here or there. I'll look for you next time were out...

Quick Reply: Where are the Utah riders @?