Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Where are the Utah riders @?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 03:48 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
Old 10-19-2016, 12:19 PM
TabooAR
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sevier County checking in.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:32 AM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by TabooAR
Sevier County checking in.
Hello Sevier County, glad to see you here.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:47 PM
ScottA320
Advanced
Received 30 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What's the riding like out there?

The wife and I are thinking about moving to the SLC area and would like to know what the riding is like around there. Obviously with the mountains there's going to be some good riding but how long is the typical riding season? Are there plenty of roads in the area so you don't get board riding the same routes all the time? Is there a large riding community or is it relatively small?

We're currently in North Carolina, close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Tail of the Dragon, so we're used to some great riding. Anyone able to compare the riding around the SLC area with what we have here?

Thanks,

Old 05-18-2017, 09:17 AM
crazytown
Road Master

Originally Posted by ScottA320
The wife and I are thinking about moving to the SLC area and would like to know what the riding is like around there. Obviously with the mountains there's going to be some good riding but how long is the typical riding season? Are there plenty of roads in the area so you don't get board riding the same routes all the time? Is there a large riding community or is it relatively small?

We're currently in North Carolina, close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Tail of the Dragon, so we're used to some great riding. Anyone able to compare the riding around the SLC area with what we have here?

Thanks,
The riding is great, but not year-round unfortunately (winter). In fact, yesterday and today I had snow on the ground at my house. There are roads and routes a-plenty, especially if you venture outside the SLC area. Utah has every climate; mountains, desert, and everything in-between. There are some routes near home that I ride frequently, but I never tire of them because they are constantly great rides. Nothing like the Dragon, but there are a few 'mini-dragons' around the area.

There are 5 National Parks in Utah, and several National Monuments. Most are in Southern Utah, and it is hard to beat the riding in that area.

I live on the general edge of the West Desert in Northern Utah, and I think the desert offers it's own beauty that cannot be found anywhere else.

The riding community is fairly strong here. There are a few clubs if you are into that, but lots of informal 'riding groups'.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions. I'm happy to give more detail if you need it.

Stay safe out there!

Old 05-19-2017, 12:04 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior

Almost every community along the Wasatch Front (the mostly densely populated area of Utah running from Brigham City on the North to Payson on the South) has a canyon to the east with great riding.

As crazytown mentioned, we do get pretty well shut down for the winter. It's hard to find a good riding day in December, January, or February although they do come around occasionally. We can usually ride deep into November though and we have off and on good days through the spring.

Besides the spectacular riding in southern Utah, we are within easy reach of many of the best roads in the country in Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. It's a (big) days ride to Sturgis/Black Hills, and a similar stretch to southern California.

Comparing between the riding in the two areas, I think what you'll enjoy out here is the wide open vistas and long stretches of open roads. A lot of your roads are lines with trees so dense that one road can look very much like another. Out here, the views can be so spectacular that you can ride the same road many times and, with changes in the light, the sky, the weather, and your direction of travel, you never have the same experience twice.

Originally Posted by ScottA320

Thanks,

The following 2 users liked this post by AtticusFinch:
crazytown (05-23-2017), sand52667 (08-14-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 10:58 AM
crazytown
Road Master

AtticusFinch described it very well; much more eloquently than I could. The bottom-line is there is a lot of outstanding riding opportunities in the area.

Peace to all.

The following users liked this post:
AtticusFinch (05-24-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 01:36 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Time2Cruise
Going to head to Legend's on Monday to get some work done. Have never been there and looking forward to it. Blackball joined them recently and they'll have a booth at the UVU Car Show at Thanksgiving Point on May 16th.
What did you end up having Legends/Blackball do for you? Were you happy with the work?

I'm looking at doing a 107 or 110 and trying to decide who to have do it. FuelMoto gets a ton of love on this site so I'm even thinking of taking or sending the back to them. Any suggestions from the Utah crowd?

Old 07-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Medamullet
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Farmington. I live in the crotch of 89 and I-15

Old 07-08-2017, 11:15 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior

Welcome Medamullet!

The following users liked this post:
Medamullet (07-09-2017)

Quick Reply: Where are the Utah riders @?