Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Colorado Riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 10:40 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

I test rode a 2017 CVO Limited at Thunder in the Rockies a few weeks back. That 114" is pretty nice. More power available over a wider range of RPM's. Engine itself is quiet, as far as the normal HD clicks and ticks go. Clutch is a lil clicky. BUT...for the price and wait times I am hearing about I would rather build a beast of a custom bike instead...not that I have the money for either

The following users liked this post:
FattyMcJ (09-13-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Doc4545
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 33 Posts

Well it turned out to be a pretty good day. I surprised how few people showed up for the demo rides. I dropped my bike off right at 9, went out on the first ride at 9:30.

The bikes I rode were the LRS, Street Glide CVO, Street Glide, Slim and Breakout. The funny thing is that each one would require some kind modification before I'd be comfortable on it. I was blown away by the power and handling of the LRS, it was awesome.

The Street Glides were very nice, the motor in the CVO (114) was very quiet as PapaTheile mentioned. Nice power, very smooth and comfortable. Frankly I didn't notice much difference between it and the standard SG on the short rides we took.

The Slim was probably my second favorite. Again change would be required before I could make it mine. A friend in Arizona put the tractor style seat from the Crossbones on his Slim, I rode it last year when I was there. It's perfect, puts me in a great riding position.

IF I were going to drop the hammer it would have to be for the LRS. The three changes would be forward foot controls, change the grips to something that would reduce the vibration and do something about the sucky seat-it felt like I was sitting on a bare plank of wood.

When my bike was ready and I started heading out it was immediately evident I already had the perfect bike for me. I wouldn't mind the 117 motor from the LRS in it but still really like and enjoy the FXDF.

FattyMcJ (09-13-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 10:18 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Interested to keep the HDF Forum's Mascot on the move?

Originally Posted by critter85
Hey guys and gals I'm leaving for Colorado beginning of next week on the bike. I will be in the Denver area for about 4 to 5 days. If anyone wants to meet up to help keep the Mascot moving let me know.
Please chime in over here and become a part of the Mascot's Travels History!:

WANTED-Members to help keep our Mascot moving

critter85 (10-06-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 10:30 PM
critter85
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,497 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Hey guy the mascot will be in Colorado till Thursday I'm leaving very early Friday morning to head home. If you want to help move it check out the link above from FXD2003Rider for more information!

Old 10-14-2016, 01:22 AM
FatboyLoLife
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc4545
Well it turned out to be a pretty good day. I surprised how few people showed up for the demo rides. I dropped my bike off right at 9, went out on the first ride at 9:30.

The bikes I rode were the LRS, Street Glide CVO, Street Glide, Slim and Breakout. The funny thing is that each one would require some kind modification before I'd be comfortable on it. I was blown away by the power and handling of the LRS, it was awesome.

The Street Glides were very nice, the motor in the CVO (114) was very quiet as PapaTheile mentioned. Nice power, very smooth and comfortable. Frankly I didn't notice much difference between it and the standard SG on the short rides we took.

The Slim was probably my second favorite. Again change would be required before I could make it mine. A friend in Arizona put the tractor style seat from the Crossbones on his Slim, I rode it last year when I was there. It's perfect, puts me in a great riding position.

IF I were going to drop the hammer it would have to be for the LRS. The three changes would be forward foot controls, change the grips to something that would reduce the vibration and do something about the sucky seat-it felt like I was sitting on a bare plank of wood.

When my bike was ready and I started heading out it was immediately evident I already had the perfect bike for me. I wouldn't mind the 117 motor from the LRS in it but still really like and enjoy the FXDF.
I went out on a LRS and was so impressed with the power I had to have it. I ended up selling my Fatboy Lo for it. I also needed forward controls and did a set for 2-up. What a bike!

Old 10-17-2016, 01:38 PM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Nicely done Fatboy! The LRS is a really nice looking and performing bike. It was the one I wanted but funds have kept that dream at bay for now.
Enjoy the ride!

Old 10-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Doc4545
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice ride Fatboy, I would love to have the LRS with changing to forwards, reworked seat (gel inserts from Bitchin Stitchin) and grips. I'd need to get $13k out of my '14 FXDF, dont' think that's realistic. Oh well, maybe I'll hit it big in lotto LOL.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:14 PM
FattyMcJ
Tourer
Received 155 Likes on 84 Posts

Congrats on the new bike!

Old 12-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Death Star
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

NEDERLAND

Old 06-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Death Star