Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Kansas State Hog Rally

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 02:10 PM
mayday
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kansas State Hog Rally

ok....I'm in KC....and I've heard of the cassoday run for breakfast. More details please!

Old 02-03-2006, 01:40 PM
kanshusker
Advanced

The Cassoday Breakfast Run is the first sunday of every month from March through November. Estimates have been that around 3000 bikes will show up for this when the weather is nice. I have been several times. There is a good restaurant in town, but it is usually pretty crowded. There are usually some vendors and sometimes a dyno truck is there. It is always a good time and a good crowd with no problems I have heard about.

Old 02-04-2006, 02:06 AM
Beavis
Cruiser

Hwy 177 from Cassoday, north to Council Grove is very nice ! The Cassoday ride has really turned into a big event, they now have several vendors (food, drink, clothes, bushtec trailers, etc.) Very nice mix of bikes, old and new, full dress to custom choppers, you name it and it is usually there. Like kanshusker stated, it is a good crowd, never seen any fights or other tough guy B.S. The crowd usually clears out by noon.

See you there.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:14 PM
steve54sd
1st Gear
Default RE: Cassoday

I'm in Larned and plan to go to Cassoday as long as the snow isn't blowing. I try to leave around 6:00am from Larned, so if anyone is interested in riding with me...let me know.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8261/E8E8D33E3FD24477BD59CDB4F55078E0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-02-2006, 09:45 PM
reefteach
Tourer

I'll be stopping by the KS hog rally the first day on my way over to the Colorado Hog rally. Same weekend, 4 hours away. Any sugestions for a place to eat in Hays?

Old 04-02-2006, 10:02 PM
KansasHog
Road Captain

Tell me what you like to eat and I will help you out!

Old 04-03-2006, 09:29 AM
reefteach
Tourer

Thanks. I can eat just about any type of food, but prefer dining in non-chain, privately owned cafes/taverns with some local flair.

Old 05-10-2006, 07:35 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Little late to the forum, but I would like the same information if anyone has it. My preference is the same---an old greasy spoon of a resturant. My brother and I may try to make the trip, and a plan of where to eat would be nice. We're about 150 miles away, so that would be a nice jaunt.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:02 AM
reefteach
Tourer

This was sent to me by KansasHog:

Al's Chickenette- Cicken (obviously) Old diner atmosphere, great food and greta prices
Gella's-Tavern and Microbrewery- Beer sampling and great food
Guiterrez Mexican Restaraunt- Mexican and American dishes, cantina style, great food
New Whiskey Creek Steakhouse being built and they also have a Montana Mikes Steakhouse
Vernies Hamburger House-Great burgers and homemade chili if you like it this time of year!
LaMotta's Pizza- Mainly carry out but some of the best deep dish pizza I have ever had!

Dont hold me to this as obviously our tastes my differ. This is a town with a state university so there are plent of fast food places and small bars for drinks and bar food!! ENJOY!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 02:59 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KS State HOG Rally

Thanks for the information. [sm=goodidea.gif] Three, Four, and Five look good. I hope I have to oportunity to see you there.

Quick Reply: Kansas State Hog Rally