National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Daytona FL 2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 07:38 PM
mskharleyfan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona FL 2016

The wife and I will be making the first spring pilgrimage from PA to Daytona. I intend to trailer to Charlestown the ride the rest of the way south. Any recommendations on things to do for our first Daytona experience and of routes from Charlestown to Daytona to avoid 95S, Appreciated!!

Old 02-12-2016, 08:16 PM
1BadHG
Intermediate
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

So many things to do been going for 16 years straight and still love it. Here are a few things that are a must, you must ride the loop pick you up one of the free pocket guides and it will list a lot of things. Wensday is cabbage patch day, just something you should do. Thursday is a great old school bike show and music at ******* tropical tattoo on US 1 in Holly Hill old school bikers and real people. Try some of the local bars on US 1 Chris's on US 1 cheaper drinks and reasonable beer. Everyone will have to go to Main Street just to people watch. Then there's Iron Horse, Harley shop and everything north of Daytona. You won't be able to see everything but you will have plenty to do, make sure you ride a1a up the coast toward Flagler Beach lots of bars and seafood. Have Fun and be cautious lot of crazy people on the road.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:44 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

Don't ride down Main Street!!!! Park your bike and just walk it and take in all the sights!
Destination Daytona has lots of vendors and plenty to do also...

Old 02-21-2016, 08:14 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone found a schedule of bands/shows etc? The Jdbikermaps site isn't updated. Maybe he stopped.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:44 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Here's the link from the official page. Not sure if it has what you're looking for but it's a start, I think.

http://www.officialbikeweek.com/dayt...eek/search.cfm

Old 02-23-2016, 10:01 AM
customsoftail200
Road Master

Thanks, I've Been there. Doesn't give you any details. The Jdbikermaps was awesome. He had all the bars and bands dates & times. Bike shows. It was great info.

Just came across this site. Gives you some info on Main St.

http://daytonabeachmainstreet.com/bi...ment-schedule/

Last edited by customsoftail200; 02-23-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:20 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Figured you'd have seen that already. Oh well.

So you're in Simpsonville? You going to be riding the bike in your avatar pic down? I'll keep an eye out for it on the road - I'm heading down from Greenville on Thursday, back Sunday evening.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:13 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master

Yea man, I'll be riding the green one, you can't miss it. I'm leaving Wednesday afternoon sometime and coming back Sunday as well. I'm always up for a ride when we get back too..

Old 02-23-2016, 04:26 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah, if it ever stops raining...

Doubt I'll see you down there, even on that green monster - but I'll keep an eye out Sunday on the way back up. I'm gonna blend in - Midnight Pearl Street Glide, gonna be one in a million I think. But yeah, we can squeeze in some ridin' when we're back in the real world.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:08 AM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,658 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by mskharleyfan
The wife and I will be making the first spring pilgrimage from PA to Daytona. I intend to trailer to Charlestown the ride the rest of the way south. Any recommendations on things to do for our first Daytona experience and of routes from Charlestown to Daytona to avoid 95S, Appreciated!!
Did plan to leave Wed. but Pa weather is rain, so going a day early on Tues. I would like to know were your going to park your car or truck and trailer. It sure be nice to trailer part way and ride the rest. As you know on the way back it could be snow in our area of Pa.

Quick Reply: Daytona FL 2016