National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

National canadian hog rally 2017

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 08:48 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I'm staying at the Best Western City Center. $116/night US. It's about the cheapest I could find close enough to all events. I was seriously looking into the Hi-Ottawa Jail Hostel in town. That sounded like a great time, but I wanted a little more luxury and amenities.

I'm trying to see if I can get a friend in the chapter to go along. There's one guy that is thinking about it if he can talk his wife into letting him go - that way I can save half the cost of the room. I booked 2 rooms, a double and 2 queen just in case. Will cancel one.

The Best Western is about in the middle between the dealer and the air museum and the pavilion.

No availability at the Ramada and New Highway Inn has no 4 or 5 star reviews, mostly all 1 star reviews.

Rooms are going fast. I think you can find lots of $400 ~ $600 per night rooms though.

If you to rough it, try the jail.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
I'm staying at the Best Western City Center. $116/night US. It's about the cheapest I could find close enough to all events. I was seriously looking into the Hi-Ottawa Jail Hostel in town. That sounded like a great time, but I wanted a little more luxury and amenities.

I'm trying to see if I can get a friend in the chapter to go along. There's one guy that is thinking about it if he can talk his wife into letting him go - that way I can save half the cost of the room. I booked 2 rooms, a double and 2 queen just in case. Will cancel one.

The Best Western is about in the middle between the dealer and the air museum and the pavilion.

No availability at the Ramada and New Highway Inn has no 4 or 5 star reviews, mostly all 1 star reviews.

Rooms are going fast. I think you can find lots of $400 ~ $600 per night rooms though.

If you to rough it, try the jail.
Gary: How far is that approx. from the Harley dealership headquarters? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:11 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

6 miles to Best Western
10 miles to the Hi-Ottawa Jail hostel

Last edited by GARY DYER; 03-15-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks Gary. This looks like it could be an ideal trip. I was going to Americade but now that I have my first Harley...

Old 03-15-2017, 04:24 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

When I switched over to Harleys back in 1988 after 29 years of riding other 2 wheelers, the whole world changed for me - - for the better. I joined the local HOG chapter and now have 40+ new friends and do more riding in one year then I did in 10 years BH (Before Harley).

Last edited by GARY DYER; 03-15-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:13 AM
Digger1930
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You nailed it Gary...having bought a Harley changes the whole riding experience. Like you
I've owned many bike over the decades but nothing compares to the family you gain when you own a HOG.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:04 AM
Digger1930
Advanced

These are the latest detail posted on the HOG site if you have not seen them yet.

RALLY DETAILS

On-site registration will open at 8:30am on Thursday, July 27 at Freedom Harley-Davidson® of Ottawa. If you’re able to make it to town that day, be sure to kick the rally off right at the Welcome Social on Thursday evening.

Cruise the Capital begins! Friday will offer a multitude of amazing self-guided ride-outs throughout the Ottawa region. (Rally registrants will be emailed route links in advance to help with ride planning and preparations.) Don’t go making any plans Friday night. You won’t want to miss the shuttle whisking you off for dinner and entertainment at one of Ottawa’s most iconic historic buildings alongside 1,500 of your closest HOG friends. There may even be a little treat in this one for each of you as well….

Gear-up early Saturday morning for the parade – starting with a group photo taken from the air – and wind your way along a beautiful parade route where we’ll call out the residents of Ottawa to catch the rumble of this awesome parade passing them by. No rally would be complete without a Show’n’Shine and some Bike Games of course, though you haven’t seen the likes of these games before. Come try your hand for a chance to place in the top three of each game and earn yourselves some cool prizes.

Shuttles will be available on Saturday evening after dropping your bikes back at the hotel (or campground or Airbnb) to bring you back to Freedom Harley-Davidson® of Ottawa where the real party will take place. Prepare to party like it’s 2017! Food, fun, friends and festivities – we’ll have something for everyone. Guaranteed.

Registration is filling up quickly so hurry before you miss it. The 2017 National HOG Rally is not an event you want to admit that you missed. Trust us!

Need to register someone else? Please log out and sign in with their HOG.com credentials. (The National Rally is a members-only event.)

Want to buy an event shirt? All registrants will be sent a link via email in early June, through which you can choose from either men’s crewneck, women’s v-neck or garage shirt designs.

What about a pin? Gotta have that event pin. Don’t worry, we’ve already got you covered on that one.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:51 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Can't wait.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:20 PM
bassnman
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Digger
from what I understand registering for the HOG Rally is well worth the $$, it includes food, entertainment, the shuttle, parade, games, lotsa stuff.
have you ever registered for the Rally? and in YHO is it worth while?
this is our 1st trip to the Rally, just asking.

Pat G.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:03 AM
Digger1930
Advanced

Hey Bassnman,

Correct all of the items that you have listed are included in the registration fee.
I have been to a few and have always had a great time. I always find it interesting to know where other members come and hear about different Chapters etc.

Hope to see you there!
Shawn
EOOC Webmaster

The following users liked this post:
bassnman (05-03-2017)

Quick Reply: National canadian hog rally 2017