National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

2017 OCMD Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 04:43 PM
PARoadking1
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2017 OCMD Bike Week

Only 2 months away, can't wait 😜. We have 45 people staying at the same campground this year. Sure to be a great time!!!

Who else is going?

Last edited by PARoadking1; 07-15-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Especially with Skynrd!

Old 07-31-2017, 02:02 PM
Raineman
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Skynrd & Molly Hatchet on the same night, I'm not getting anywhere near that inlet on Saturday.

We had a brutal time last year leaving after Styx/Kix shows, and a buddy of mine that was with us at Thurs/Fri shows said Saturday with 3 Doors Down was worse.

I'll sit on the deck of a random bar on Coastal Hwy and have a beer and watch bikes while that craziness is going on.

I am looking forward to going down and relaxing though, it is a major stress reliever for me. We've got our "rides and routines" pretty well set after the years. Its the Mrs. birthday week, and we meet up with some old friends that come from New Jersey and have a couple meals with them.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:28 PM
PARoadking1
Cruiser

I agree, I'm not there for the bands. We do a ride somewhere in the morning for lunch, then hit a couple bars and event areas on our way back. With 45 friends at camp, we will have our own party at night 👍🏻.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:00 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,193 Likes on 938 Posts

I'll Be there with some friends!! This is our 5th year going. I can't wait to see Molly Hatchet. We stay right on the boardwalk at 3rd street so we can walk to the inlet.

This year we are going to take a ride to Virgina Beach over the Bay tunnel Bridge. I have never been there before!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:50 AM
RG RON
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Wife made reservations, been going there since 2005. Friends bought a toy hauler and haven't checked on reservations at the campground yet, but wife did last Sunday and we're booked up. Then last night she said that we could camp out in the Walmart park lot. I said no way I was doing that. She made reservations two weeks ago then cancelled out Prices went up and then within a day so it was open again so she rebooked the same room, decided to head home on Saturday instead. Initially she was spending over 400.00 more during the first time she reserved. I have lost interest over the years as it appears for OC is upping their prices for dumps vs other places and other states. SO we decided to ride there on Weds and head back on Saturday this year. OH yea staying at the Buckingham and see more bikes sitting on the front porch than riding I feel.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:00 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member

I think it has gotten even better every year! Great riding around the area. Great vendor locations. As for pricing I don't think it's too bad. We pay around $800 for a 6 day 5 night stay split between 3 people...I'm sure we could find cheaper but we like staying on the boardwalk 3 blocks from the inlet....if we want to go party at night we can walk and not worry about drinking and riding. I think last year they said they had over 275,000 people there

Old 08-01-2017, 04:41 PM
RG RON
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Prices have went up over the years there. we stayed for way less money longer at the spring rally at MB, only drawback is the drive towing the trl. She won't ride far.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:21 AM
PARoadking1
Cruiser

Prices go up everywhere, every year! We are camping with the toyhauler at Castaways!! Great place, 2 pools, 2 bars and private beach. They book up fast, which is why we already have 6 sites booked for next year as well.

6 more weeks, can't wait!!!

The following users liked this post:
Scudda (08-03-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member

I make our reservation every year In Jan as soon as they open them up. I like stayin in the middle of everything there. I see this year they moved everything from Winter Park to the Stadium as far as vendor areas go.

I love being able to walk out the back door of the hotel and watch the sun rise on the beach!!

I'll be doing that 6 weeks from today!

Quick Reply: 2017 OCMD Bike Week