Thinking about going to Laconia this year. - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Regional Events, Rides and Road Reports > National Events
Reload this Page >

Thinking about going to Laconia this year.

Notices
National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Thinking about going to Laconia this year.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:49 PM
psdj52
Senior Rider

It's been a few years since I have been, but I found Laconia to be great for riding. (2nd to Sturgis of course). I will say as many have mentioned though the weather is the big factor. For some strange reason that week that time of year seems to always rain. Glad to hear someone mention the last couple of years have been good weather. You can't beat the rides around the lakes and up to Mt Washington. They actually close the ride up Mt Washington to motorcycles only during the rally which is nice. You could definitely spend a whole day up in that area. There are some cool places to visit and see in the neck of the woods. I say if you haven't tried it, to go for it.
Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to psdj52 For This Useful Post:
Double Duece (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 06:05 PM
bklynbob
Elite HDF Member

Been going for years. Stay to the north from Sunday - Thursday. We generally go back the second week of August or September.Nothing beats the mountains and the north country and into Maine. Jump to tho the Kankamangas and head due east to Portland for Seafood.

The Following User Says Thank You to bklynbob For This Useful Post:
Double Duece (02-06-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 11:33 PM
yellowbug

Yes the roads are very curvy. Do go up Mt. Washington (if your not quezzy of hights)

The Following User Says Thank You to yellowbug For This Useful Post:
Double Duece (02-06-2019)

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: