National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Thinking about going to Laconia this year.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 08:49 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's been a few years since I have been, but I found Laconia to be great for riding. (2nd to Sturgis of course). I will say as many have mentioned though the weather is the big factor. For some strange reason that week that time of year seems to always rain. Glad to hear someone mention the last couple of years have been good weather. You can't beat the rides around the lakes and up to Mt Washington. They actually close the ride up Mt Washington to motorcycles only during the rally which is nice. You could definitely spend a whole day up in that area. There are some cool places to visit and see in the neck of the woods. I say if you haven't tried it, to go for it.
Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
Double Duece (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 05:05 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

Been going for years. Stay to the north from Sunday - Thursday. We generally go back the second week of August or September.Nothing beats the mountains and the north country and into Maine. Jump to tho the Kankamangas and head due east to Portland for Seafood.

Double Duece (02-05-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 10:33 PM
yellowbug
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes the roads are very curvy. Do go up Mt. Washington (if your not quezzy of hights)

Double Duece (02-05-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 5,994 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Just an update to riders heading to Laconia----Rt 9 out of the Keene area is under construction--you can take it to 89 then 93 , but the return trip on 89 the exit is closed so you will do about 15 mile detour--not a bad thing, just giving a heads up

Old 06-02-2019, 07:42 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,326 Likes on 10,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Duece
Can I get some feedback on the Laconia Bike Rally? Is it fun, how are the roads/scenery? I have been to Daytona , PCB , and Sturgis, just wanting to try somewhere new. Want to go to Vermont and Maine while there also.
1stly, I have done Daytona a Ba-Zillion times.

I refuse to do Sturgis due to the crowds but I DO go there 2 wks b4 or after and ride ALL the roads there since the riding there is fantastic.

Same for Laconia.

If u like the crowds, then GREAT.

I ride (have ridden) the Laconia area a LOT!!! YES, the roads are beautiful to ride. Route 302 and 16 (Storyland) is GREAT, just north on 16 to the Mt Washington AUTOROAD (to go up Mt Washingont) is incredible. Be aware there is some hardtop and it will get cold going up. They closed that road one day out of the year for motorcycles only during Laconia bike week.

There are other things to do in the area. But briefly, is really nice.

The Vermont small towns are incredible. So much so that I am flying my wife up in a couple of months to spend time going through the small towns in Vermont and then off to other areas.

If you want more information, let me know and I will be happy to share more with you.

By the way if you go, make sure you go to the Mount Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods on 302. That hotel is absolutely gorgeous. And surprisingly cheap to eat there outback (behind the hotel on their property). Also I have a long-standing tradition be it there by myself or my wife or my kids, we always go to the front doors off to the left a little bit downstairs to the sundry area and get one of those Susie Q pies or round things with cream in the middle. Grab a cup of coffee there and then go on their huge, huge wrap around porch and eat/drink it as you look at the Mounts. Incredibly gorgeous.

Is it worth going to New Hampshire? Absolutely. With such a huge motorcycle crowd? That is strictly a personal opinion. And by the way my friend, what I was describing above is just north of Laconia a little more in the mountains. Although you can say all of New Hampshire is mountainous.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:59 AM
18deluxerider
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Okay, Double duce. did you attend Laconia this year? I was waiting to see your posts.

Old 01-01-2020, 05:38 AM
18deluxerider
Tourer

Well happy new year 2020 it is here. lets all see who can attend. my first post of the year.

Old 01-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 5,994 Likes on 1,844 Posts

I,ll be there again as usual---I take the week off and usually do at least 3 days over there----Have fun

18deluxerider (01-02-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 04:37 AM
18deluxerider
Tourer

Rocker NH Sweet. I will take three days off if the weather is not raining, I used to do the last weekend. I have learned over the 25 years I have been going that the first weekend is the best. less people and cops and if the weather holds off I will sometimes opt to stay till the end weekend. I Do enjoy the riding. See you on the highway.

Rocker NH (01-04-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 03:50 PM
Double Duece
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

I was not able to attend Laconia. Thanks everyone for the responses, and is still in my plans to do. I did go to PCB bike week,Maui, HI(25th Anniversary) and to Deals Gap last year. Sometimes the wife wins out on the Vacays.

Quick Reply: Thinking about going to Laconia this year.