Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New HDForums Member So Cal...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 12:03 AM
SoCalHDMC
Road Captain
Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts
Default New HDForums Member So Cal...

Just wanted to say hey to all the HD Forums people out there. Been out of the game for about nine years while I raised the Brady Bunch, and well, a divorce and the youngest one driving and semi self-sufficient, and I am taking care of myself for a change.

Dropped the coin for a '17 Street Glide Special in Superior Blue in July. While definitely not my first Harley, (I took my motorcycle license test in January of 1980 on my brother's '79 AMF Low Rider, and the rest is history) it is my first one with bags, or a fairing, or even a windshield. Never in my wildest imagination did I ever contemplate having a Harley with tunes, navigation (not sure I will ever use it??), ABS, or cruise. Man have things changed.

This Milwaukee 8 is a trip too, losing a camshaft and a bunch of vibration over the twin cams has taken a bit of getting used to.

I prefer to work on everything I own myself, however, to ensure my warrantee remained legit, I took my 'Glide back to the dealer for the 1000 mile service, nine days after I bought it. Shortly thereafter I installed the SE Stage II parts: Power Cam (got tired of finding the rev limiter at 5500 RPM. If I wanted a tractor, I would have bought a John Deere!), 4.5" slip ons, high flow air filter, and the Pro Street tuner.

It became immediately apparent I needed some more lighting. I installed a Ciro LED headlight, HD Passing Lamp kit with matching Ciro LED bulbs, Ciro LED turn signals, brake/tail lights, and sequential amber Bag Blade turn signals. An HD tri-bar stop/tail light replaced the OEM tail only tri-bar.

Have a great chick, and although she has a pretty fantastic butt, the OE seat was a little uncomfortable for her when we were riding hard. Now have the CVO two piece solo/pillion seat and short sissy bar for short rides (or I get rid of the extra junk when I am riding solo, love that detachable stuff), and a Sundowner seat (ugly as hell on anything but a dresser like an Ultra Classic, but I must admit it is a life saver on our butts after some hard miles) with a tall sissy bar for long rides. Finished it off with a HD King detachable luggage rack, and passenger floorboards that match the OEM fronts. My chick is only 5'2" and the floorboards position her feet higher for a more comfortable ride.

After about 15 riding days and 3800 miles, I am still in love with this thing. Heavy, and far different than the FXD style HD's I have always had, but damn is this thing badass. I am clamoring for something a little lighter (maybe a low mile Low Rider S to hot lap around on?), but if I do end up with another Dyna, I envision keeping this Street Glide for a long time.

Just got back from working out of town, and my girlfriend surprises me with lighted switches, and a fan assisted oil cooler. This chick pays attention when we are looking through the catalog my favorite dealer so thoughtfully "gave" me.

Anyway, I apologize for the diatribe, but hopefully I am not the only one (particularly at my age) with a bunch of enthusiasm.

Everyone have a great night!

Tim

Old 11-21-2017, 12:21 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Welcome to the H-D Forums from Idaho ! ENJOY !

Old 11-21-2017, 12:26 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Welcome from Texas to the "New Members Area" of the HD Forums.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:27 AM
critter85
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,497 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Welcome to the Forum

Old 11-21-2017, 04:02 AM
r-bar-j
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,943 Posts

Welcome from San Antonio, TX.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:43 AM
DaveE
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 879 Posts

Welcome from Pennsylvania

Old 11-21-2017, 06:26 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,176 Posts

Welcome to the forums!

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 11-21-2017, 06:29 AM
attaboy15
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,163 Likes on 1,127 Posts

Welcome from Norcal

Old 11-21-2017, 06:30 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

From another forum member named Tim = welcome!

Old 11-21-2017, 06:38 AM
the wild hog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,847 Likes on 2,804 Posts

Welcome

Quick Reply: New HDForums Member So Cal...