Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Hello from the Puget Sound.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 02:46 AM
Numinex
Cruiser
Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

Greetings and thank you for such a great and informative forum. Been riding motorcycles for 30+ years, and on the street now for a bit over 20. Started off with a 96 883 Custom that was gifted to me when my Dad got his first Bagger. Over the years I've had and ridden everything from little bikes to big bikes and never really found that sweet spot so I was always changing. We even restored a bunch of old BMW Airheads and rode the wheels off then over the years. Sadly after a wreck where I dumped my Road King and my Health (even at a young age) I knew my riding days were sadly numbered. I have totally even refused to ride my Dad's bikes a number of years. One winter, the bug bit me again after selling off a project I was working on I wanted a bike again and was going between a Used 1200 Sportster wirh a ton of miles and a C50 Boulevard that was loaded up with bags, windshield and had a great service record. Sadly Harley wouldn't deal so I snagged the Bouley and rode it 4 years, before again back and leg issues was making it difficult to ride. I felt it was necessary to walk away from riding again, as. I just couldn't trust myself to be safe. So again I went a few months untill a visit to Harley when my dad was doing paperwork of his own i got talked into taking a Street 750 for a quick spin and I fell in love with it's pep and size and low center of gravity. Well for the next 500 miles that bike had issues and more issues, even a bad battery that would drain itself flat in a matter of a week if I didn't leave the tender on it at all times. Seals leaking, water pumps leaking, it was not worth the headache of them trying to keep patching it and having to wait for parts to be pulled from the assembly line and waiting for time for them to reapair it. So when on my first ride of the year I get home and again another leak had started at the water pump. I was done with the 750. I worked with my dealer and got the best deal I could, I wanted total buy back but, that was not happening nor was lemon law, as each repair was a different seal or leak so it didn't apply. I just wanted away from that bike, far away. I loved the blacked out look, the denim paint, I had even juat spent 200 bucks for the Tall Boy Seat. That bike needed a new motor and they wouldn't do it. So I had a few options, sadly all meant more out of my pocket. About the only other bike I liked in my price range was the 883 Super Low or the Iron 883. With my bad back and hip the riding position of the iron was out and I sat on the Super Low and it just felt like home. Took it for a quick spin around the block and it was meant to be. I've got very little planned for it right now anyway as I gotta build my pad back up from the deal (I'm on disability) a friend has a Windshield I can have I just need the docking hardware, a solo rack, and a T Bag, as well.as either forward controls or at least the adjustable front high way pegs .

I don't plan on any serious long distance rides with it. Mostly around town cruising some country back roads and having fun without lugging a heavy bike around or having issues parking or low speed manuvering.

I'm in the NW corner of Washington State in Skagit county, easy access to the North Cascades, My Baker, Chuckanut Drive, and even the Oyster Run in Sept. Thanks in advance and hope to hang out and hope I can lend my exp to people as well.

My 2017 Sportster Super Low in Imperial Blue aka Bluto

Loving the Blue as well it's a few shades lighter than my VW Tiguans Galactic Blue Metallic but it's a sweet color as well. It also almost matches the 115th Anniversary Blue. So I canive with it. I found out I'm a total chrome and shine guy. Even 500 miles that denim paint and all the black on the Street is a pain to keep clean.

So far my only complaint is on the 2017 and newer bikes I can't even drill.my baffles out without having to buy the Street Tuner from Harley with all the extra cables and software. I even thought of buying a 2016 EACH but wouldn't have known it HD thought of that and changed the connector. At least I can adjust the idle on the Sporty. The Street was totally fixed and it drove me nuts the thing idled at 14 to 1500 rpms at a light. Kept thinking it was hung up. Even 1k rpm on the sporty seems a bit high but it's still breaking in, but at least the Last model has the Tach and Gear indicator in the Odometer section with a push of the really nice new button above the horn. And I didn't realize how much I missed auto cancel signals. I'm living it and plan on a ton of seat time this year. I'm a taller rider at 5'11" and for the 883 far better than the 750. I just gotta learn to corner a bit different as it's super easy to drag the Spurs

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-12-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:06 AM
critter85
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,497 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Welcome to the Forum

Sorry about your luck with the 750

I dig that blue!

The following users liked this post:
Numinex (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 05:44 AM
DaveE
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 879 Posts

Welcome from Pennsylvania

Old 03-12-2018, 06:32 AM
jblack902
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,118 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Welcome from Minnesota

Old 03-12-2018, 06:34 AM
attaboy15
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,163 Likes on 1,127 Posts

Welcome from Norcal

Old 03-12-2018, 06:36 AM
the wild hog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,847 Likes on 2,804 Posts

Welcome

Old 03-12-2018, 06:49 AM
r-bar-j
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,943 Posts

Welcome from San Antonio, TX.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:51 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:55 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,176 Posts

Welcome to the forums!

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 03-12-2018, 07:27 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Welcome from Texas to the "New Members Area" of the HD Forums.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-23-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Hello from the Puget Sound.