Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny Gray IST

Old 10-23-2014, 01:16 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Xb9rumble
I have been unable to locate any information/reviews of their IST seats. I'm am about to pull the trigger on a long haul XL because it looks damn good with great reviews. I also emailed Danny Gray and never received a response.
If your taking about website info, see link below.
http://www.dannygray.com/ist/

Old 10-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Xb9rumble
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
If your taking about website info, see link below.
http://www.dannygray.com/ist/
I'm talking reviews / opinions from an independent party.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:32 AM
Cat1Racer
Novice
Default Danny Gray TourIST Air-1 2-Up Seat

Just got this seat and it is really really ugly. I looked for reviews but so many different opinions, but I read one where a guy had my exact bike, 2015 SGS and said why did he wait so long, so I bought it and ugg. What a disappointment. I don't like the looks or the way it feels. Shape is weird, not very wide and a hill in the middle unlike other seats, and you sit up real high over shield and far back too, I'm 6'3 but this does not help. You can see the bladder thru the mesh too. And I can't imagine what happens when it gets wet, yes I can, sopping wet a** all day. The back looks like its very comfy for passenger, it should be, its a foot thick, and ugly as hell. I'm returning it and getting Mustang deluxe, looks like they sell a lot of them. Bottom line, I would discourage anyone from this seat. I could be wrong but this makes me think Danny Gray is the Wal-mart of seats.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 574 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by scarin
Did a long ride this weekend and my *** does not like the stock seat. Going to use my airhawk pad next ride but was thinking about a new seat and like the airhawk, so was looking at Danny Gray. They have a new line of seats out called the IST. Anyone have any experience with these seats? Pros or cons for DG Airhawk seats?
I have no experience with the IST series. I have the Long Haul XL on my Limited.

However, when I was talking to Danny last summer at Black Hills H-D he told me he has the IST seat on his personal bike. So I'd say that would be a pretty decent endorsement.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 574 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
I'm right there with you! At 200 miles my butt will start to talk to me, at 300 miles it's about ready to jump off the bike. At 350 to 400 miles my butt has had all it can take and I have to stop every 30 to 45 minutes just to give it a rest. I have looked very hard at the DG air hawk and it looks very nice but then I look at my brothers CVO with the CVO Hammock and he can ride 600 to 800 miles in a day. I don't see how that thin good looking seat is going to give me 600 miles of comfort...lol
I've done many 700+ days on my DG Long Haul XL. This seat has the Air Hawk system in the seat.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:34 PM
Cat1Racer
Novice
Default follow up

Originally Posted by Cat1Racer
Just got this seat and it is really really ugly. I looked for reviews but so many different opinions, but I read one where a guy had my exact bike, 2015 SGS and said why did he wait so long, so I bought it and ugg. What a disappointment. I don't like the looks or the way it feels. Shape is weird, not very wide and a hill in the middle unlike other seats, and you sit up real high over shield and far back too, I'm 6'3 but this does not help. You can see the bladder thru the mesh too. And I can't imagine what happens when it gets wet, yes I can, sopping wet a** all day. The back looks like its very comfy for passenger, it should be, its a foot thick, and ugly as hell. I'm returning it and getting Mustang deluxe, looks like they sell a lot of them. Bottom line, I would discourage anyone from this seat. I could be wrong but this makes me think Danny Gray is the Wal-mart of seats.
I may have been a little harsh with this review, it just took me by surprise. I did ride with it and it's pretty comfy. The review is still accurate, bladder showing and kinda funky looking seat, but i had to say it does work pretty good. I'm gonna keep it until I get the Mustang seat, then make a comparison, stay tuned.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:16 PM
Billman812
Tourer
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

you have 30 days to send it back, I think.
I have two older bikes with some of his original styles and a Low'ist on the RG.
May not be the "most" comfortable but I wanted comfy & low profile which is exactly what they delivered. Would like to try the airhawk but the 'ist is a good platform set up with holes in the pan like suspension seats used in off-road cars

Old 07-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Cat1Racer
Novice
Default Follow up to Danny Gray seat.

Originally Posted by Cat1Racer
I may have been a little harsh with this review, it just took me by surprise. I did ride with it and it's pretty comfy. The review is still accurate, bladder showing and kinda funky looking seat, but i had to say it does work pretty good. I'm gonna keep it until I get the Mustang seat, then make a comparison, stay tuned.
Well, I bought both of the best seats, and the winner is...The Danny Gray. For a number of reasons. It's comfortable, it doesn't look bad at all now, not good as stock but the stock seat just isn't comfy. The Mustang was comfortable also but big as a barn and also sat you about 2" up, in the wind, but nice on the knees.
The D.G. has the mesh though which works well, as does the air up padding. They both sit you back a bit, further back on DG. Better passenger seat on DG too, though I don't carry any unnecessary cargo personally.. It was a very tough choice, they are both good so probably just a personal taste thing. Anyway, just wanted to follow up and leave a helpful review for people like me that can't decide, I tried them both.