Sponsored by:

Rekluse exp automatic clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 06:27 AM
ducatirdr
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Great company and long time dirt bike presense

I have a Rekluse on my KTM enduro dirt bike. The thing is invaluable in the woods where you can stab the rear brake locking up the rear to start a turn without having the grab the clutch. Also in technical sections where you may fan the clutch you can just hold onto the bar and forget about the clutch and just concentrate on your line with a good grip of the bar. The price? $900 installed. Yup CRAZY. But worth every penny when you want to increase the fun factor. My left forearm use to suffer arm pump from clutch work during an all day ride. It would turn my left hand into a claw by the end of the day. Now I can ride all day without arm pump and a cramping left hand. Yes I did get hit by a car on a bike 4 years ago and the left arm was a mess. So nerves in that arm and hand are not 100%.

I can't see me needing this on my Harley but if I had to do a bunch of stop and go/parade/Hog ride/club ride type of riding where I had a lot of clutch work I would definitely get this product. They updated the H-D product I was told when I talked to the guys at Sturgis (last year 2014). They would install it right there if I wanted it. I just don't see the need... yet...

The following users liked this post:
smokyheritage (04-03-2018)
Old 12-12-2016, 05:45 PM
dart451
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

I received my Rekluse Auto clutch a few days ago and will be installing it this Wednesday. They had a sale on it about a week ago and I got 10% off so I picked one up. My last trip from New Mexico to Chicago and back was great except for the two auto accidents I rolled up on. I couldn't hardly feel my left hand anymore after an hour of start/stop riding on my 01 Roadking. We'll see how this goes and I will write my experience when I test it out in a few days...

Old 12-12-2016, 06:16 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

how does it do on shifting without useing the clutch ?

Old 12-12-2016, 06:41 PM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

I've installed the older pro type Rekluse in Harley's years ago plus I've been using them in my dirt bikes for 10 years. I have one in my FE570 Husaberg now but until I need one in my Harley, I'll do without as I don't get to ride it as much as I want. If riding in heavy traffic were on the normal agenda, I wouldn't hesitate to install one.

If for some reason you were going into a slow speed corner and you pop the clutch, normally it might stall and cause you to lose your balance. With the Rekluse, no worry, it'll release and all is well.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:46 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

i hope the new model you will be able to upshift and downshift with no problems as this is what i really need the most.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Eltopia
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

My wife has 75,000 miles on her Reculse clutch. 52,000 on a 14 sg and removed clutch and installed in 16 SGS. Another 25,000 miles and all is well. Arthritis in fingers make the clutch a necessity for her.
When it is cold you need the clutch. By the first stop sign you can stop without using clutch lever. As far as shifting I don't think it is any better than shifting any Harley without using clutch, lots of people learn to shift without using the clutch lever.
in traffic jams and road construction not having to to keep the lever pulled in is worth its weigh in gold

Old 03-09-2018, 10:51 AM
xpsteve
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

delete

Old 03-09-2018, 02:01 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Eltopia
My wife has 75,000 miles on her Reculse clutch. 52,000 on a 14 sg and removed clutch and installed in 16 SGS. Another 25,000 miles and all is well. Arthritis in fingers make the clutch a necessity for her.
When it is cold you need the clutch. By the first stop sign you can stop without using clutch lever. As far as shifting I don't think it is any better than shifting any Harley without using clutch, lots of people learn to shift without using the clutch lever.
in traffic jams and road construction not having to to keep the lever pulled in is worth its weigh in gold
Old thread but I still love it for traffic.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:08 PM
The lark
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I have one. They are a nightmare to adjust. I'm on my second one. Be carful. It doesn't lock up until 2000 rpm. So if you lugg your bike, it will burn up. But the company is the best when it comes to customer service. I explained what happened, they sent me a new clutch at no charge. And told me I have to keep it above 2000rpms, or I will burn it up again. but I have to say. It's great in traffic.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:56 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
how does it do on shifting without using the clutch ?
I have one in both my dirt bikes too, and I still use the clutch every time to shift, I don't think it eliminates the need to use the clutch to shift. maybe you could, I've never thought about trying

Quick Reply: Rekluse exp automatic clutch