Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Khrome Werks 2+2 Narrow Sweeper BarS Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 07:43 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

When talking about the handlebar control wires having to be taken apart from their connector. Which hole on the bars is too small? The hole at the center of the bar by the clamp? Is it something a grinding wheel can take care of to open it slightly to fit the connector through? I imagine it's only an issue if internally wiring? Seems odd the TGS wire hole isn't big enough for the connector, but I suppose these bars were made before the electronic throttle came out.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

mike5511 & stevep48 thanks. I've got 700 miles with the new bars and like them more all the time. Like I said before, they are taller and further back then I expected. It was a nice surprise.

The following users liked this post:
camper99 (07-02-2020)
Old 01-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by load97
When talking about the handlebar control wires having to be taken apart from their connector. Which hole on the bars is too small? The hole at the center of the bar by the clamp?
No, the holes up by the switch housings.

Is it something a grinding wheel can take care of to open it slightly to fit the connector through? I imagine it's only an issue if internally wiring?
I didn't want to damage the chrome and create a rust problem. And yes, this is only an issue with running the wires internally.

Seems odd the TGS wire hole isn't big enough for the connector, but I suppose these bars were made before the electronic throttle came out.
These bars are designed for the TGS. That plug goes into the end of the bars. It's just getting the green plug past the dimple and around the first curve past the dimple. HD does sell a replacement Twist Grip Sensor without the green plug. It's not necessary but would make the job easier but would also add $100 to the job.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Mr_King
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, I am not the most technically inclined but the instructions on the Khromewerks website are very confusing. Did you opt for the optional 5 pin connector kit, maybe?

Old 01-20-2015, 11:28 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bertk
No, the holes up by the switch housings. I didn't want to damage the chrome and create a rust problem. And yes, this is only an issue with running the wires internally. These bars are designed for the TGS. That plug goes into the end of the bars. It's just getting the green plug past the dimple and around the first curve past the dimple. HD does sell a replacement Twist Grip Sensor without the green plug. It's not necessary but would make the job easier but would also add $100 to the job.
Thanks. Figured you were worried about rust, which I'm not. Though I'll probably powder coat it.
Looks like I'll have to ask the wife to get me the family discount and maybe drive down there.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr_King
Ok, I am not the most technically inclined but the instructions on the Khromewerks website are very confusing. Did you opt for the optional 5 pin connector kit, maybe?
The HD Switch Wire Extension Kit-69200034 from Kutter HD is all I used for the install.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:48 AM
CaptainKirk
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I got mine by chance last August before they came out. I had put the standard sweepers on and still didn't feel right. I called them for a suggestion and they said they had just finished development of the Narrow ones, had some in stock and would sell me a set. I opted for the 2+2 and I'm completely happy with them. Didn't want to be above the fairing and needed them back further. Great wrist angle. Did 2300 miles in 6 days in mid September and never had an ache or a pain from them.

The following users liked this post:
camper99 (07-02-2020)
Old 02-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Buzzman58
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in putting these bars on my 13 Road King but their website only shows them for bikes with a batwing fairing. Does anyone know if they would fit on my RK? I will also send them an email to ask. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:57 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

Here's a few more pic's of the bars. Mine are powder coated black. Ran out of time to screw with internal wiring, but black on black isn't nearly as noticeable.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:18 PM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a set of these at the powder coater right now. Hopefully I'll get to install them this week. I've got +2 wide sweepers on right now, but I find myself leaning down for the bars. I'm hoping these will fix the issue.

Quick Reply: Khrome Werks 2+2 Narrow Sweeper BarS Install