Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX, Infotainment Std Boom Lock Up Problems

Old 04-20-2015, 07:33 AM
Nipdawg
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FLHX, Infotainment Std Boom Lock Up Problems

I have a 2014 Street Glide (FLHX) and the Infotainment Standard Boom. After upgrading to 1.18.3 from 1.18.2 and prior 1.18.1, the radio and media player via USB 32GB flash drive are now constantly locking up. When I switch from radio to media player, the Infotainment system shows "Reading..." or "Scanning..." with never actually playing any songs or showing any song information. I have to turn off the FLHX for several minutes or more to actually reset the Infotainment system. If I power off the Infotainment system with holding in the power button for 3 seconds and turn it back on in a few seconds, the same screen will show of Reading or Scanning for music. Even if I disconnect the USB flash drive from the USB port, the Infotainment system continues to show Reading or Scanning for music. I have pulled the fuse to reset the Infotainment system with temporary allowing it to play music.

Then I decided to now use the media player to see if the Infotainment system continues to experience problems. There are times where the Infotainment system will not scan or switch to another radio station, or have no sound where turning the volume up/down does nothing including no volume control showing on the Infotainment screen.

I have re-flashed 1.18.3 to the Infotainment system numerous times where once a while I have success to get it to work for a little while until it acts up again.

After reading other messages in the forums, I decided to flash the Infotainment system back to 1.18.1 and then to 1.18.3 to see if this corrects the problem. Since it rained here I am out riding to see if this Infotainment system locks up again. The few times I did turn on the bike to check the Infotainment system, the media player works so far with reading the 32GB USB flash drive with the MP3 music on it. Time will tell if this has been corrected or not.

Has anyone experienced this type of problem or still experiencing this problem?

I am talking to the local Harley dealer service center about this problem, just want to get other riders experiences with this problem.

Thanks.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:01 AM
wing_rdr
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was experiencing the problem of the system locking up and not responsive to trying to change the volume level. This was occurring when I changed from one media to another, ie. going from XM radio and then to usb and back again. From the forums I read that allowing the system to "boot" up fully, without hitting the starter button solved this problem. So I have been doing that and have not had the problem since. So the procedure I follow is to turn on the ignition and wait until the entertainment system cycles up to the screen "accept", tap the accept button and then you hit the starter button.
I have no idea what is different, except that it seems to work, so far.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try shutting down your bike by using the engine kill switch, then shut off ignition switch.

In the operations section of your manual it will tell you that using the kill switch is the proper way to shut down a Rushmore. What it doesn't elaborate about is that the sequence to properly shut down your ride is important to the other electronics working reliably.

There have been varying opinions on this but if you follow the manual for shutting the bike down you may not have these issues.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Nipdawg
Advanced

Originally Posted by wing_rdr
From the forums I read that allowing the system to "boot" up fully, without hitting the starter button solved this problem. So I have been doing that and have not had the problem since. So the procedure I follow is to turn on the ignition and wait until the entertainment system cycles up to the screen "accept", tap the accept button and then you hit the starter button.
I have no idea what is different, except that it seems to work, so far.
I will give this a try to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Nipdawg
Advanced

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
Try shutting down your bike by using the engine kill switch, then shut off ignition switch.

In the operations section of your manual it will tell you that using the kill switch is the proper way to shut down a Rushmore. What it doesn't elaborate about is that the sequence to properly shut down your ride is important to the other electronics working reliably.

There have been varying opinions on this but if you follow the manual for shutting the bike down you may not have these issues.
I usually just turn off the bike from the key-switch (whatever it is called) rather than hitting the kill switch first. I will give this a try to see it helps also. Thanks for the feedback.