Sponsored by:

Boom Box shutting down on it's own

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 07:16 AM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Boom Box shutting down on it's own

Yesterday while returning home from a long ride, my Boom Box completely shut down while riding. It rebooted on it's own shortly after. I was running the GPS at that time and listening to some music. When I finally arrived, I saw on my phone a missed important call that I was waiting for. That call was missed around the same time the system crashed. Phone was connected via Bluetooth to the Boom Box. Has anyone else had problems like this? I have not updated the software yet because I have not seen any of the issues noted for the updates. Bike was purchased in December 2014.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:13 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

I've accepted several calls over the last year, with various versions of the O/S and have not encountered that issue.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:28 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Were you playing tunes from a bluetooth connection of the same phone? If so, I have heard of these reports on other forums and other head units. Mainly in autos but wouldn't surprise me of it happening with Boom too.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:31 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalShot
Were you playing tunes from a bluetooth connection of the same phone? If so, I have heard of these reports on other forums and other head units. Mainly in autos but wouldn't surprise me of it happening with Boom too.
No radio was tuned to an FM station. GPS/map running, phone connected via bluetooth. I had received a call earlier with no problem. Just when I needed the GPS the most, the whole system shut down, blank screen for about 10 seconds and then it started to reboot. Came back on and it seemed to work okay. Wondering if when the call came in it crashed.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:13 PM
Da Gunny
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that this post is a few years old, but I am having the same symptoms on my 17 CVO Limited. Boom! Box crashes and reboots on its own. Has happened when listening to music on my iPod, as well as when listening to FM radio and using the navigation system. I'm on version 1.22.0.1 I think (latest version as of this post).

Does anyone have any info on the cause or a solution?

Old 04-02-2018, 10:22 PM
berniemc
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The latest version is total junk!! Been no updates since Dec and they need a better one now!

Old 04-03-2018, 06:42 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gunny
I see that this post is a few years old, but I am having the same symptoms on my 17 CVO Limited. Boom! Box crashes and reboots on its own. Has happened when listening to music on my iPod, as well as when listening to FM radio and using the navigation system. I'm on version 1.22.0.1 I think (latest version as of this post).

Does anyone have any info on the cause or a solution?
I was running 120.1.3 for a long time, I went to the dealer for the CB-CC button switch and they had to update the boom software to the latest version. The next 3 rides I had problems, freezing, blank screens, I went back to the 120.1.3 and no more problems, all working fine. Good luck!

Old 04-03-2018, 07:38 AM
Da Gunny
Stage IV

Thanks guys. I think I'll download the previous update from the website and give it a try. Didn't have any problems with it when I bought the bike, but now it seems to be happening a lot.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:02 PM
BWSabio
2nd Gear
Default SAME ISSUE ... plus more!

I have 2017 CVO Limited with exact same problems PLUS mine will either freeze, or the map will go out leaving multiple blue arrows (my bike) on the screen, or the audio directions will go silent or the navigation goes totally black. I firmly believe it is a heat issue, and happens with Sirius or iPod. VERY ANNOYING ... and I am running all the latest updates, both system and maps.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:40 PM
ringer1969
Tourer
Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

i had no problem with mine until i did the latest update too

Quick Reply: Boom Box shutting down on it's own