General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Sena Headset Battery replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 11:46 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Sena Headset Battery replacement

For those of you that have ever had a Sena headset battery die and found yourself out of warranty you don't necessarily have to toss it out. I opened up a Sena SPH10 today in only a matter of minutes and performed a battery swap and now mines as good as new.

I had only had the headset about 6 months but sent it to a company called plugup.com a short while back that added a 3.5mm stereo jack to it so I can dangle it off my neck if I get tired of it on my ears and just use earbuds. The mod doesn't appear to have anything to do with my short battery life but none the less voids my 2 year warranty. As of late it has only been holding a charge for say about an hour before its dead as a door nail. After calling Sena to determine the specs on the battery and obtaining a couple for my headset I cracked mine open and after simply removing 5 little T8 Torx screws and swapping the battery my headset has been brought back from the dead. Even have one more spare battery should this one turn out to not last that long. A little care had to be taken with the speaker but pretty simple. I posted a pic of my headset with battery out. The Sena SMH10s I've read are relatively straight forward as well although the battery is a little different on the specs.

I am posting on the Rushmore threads as I know there are some folks taking the plunge and making their bikes work like they thought it should have from the start. Hopefully those who have the headset or deciding on one find this useful.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:43 AM
Piers
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Really interesting. Where did you find the replacement batteries, and what exact model were they?

Thank you - Piers

Old 01-26-2024, 10:40 AM
Biater
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seña Battery

Originally Posted by CPT_Carrera
For those of you that have ever had a Sena headset battery die and found yourself out of warranty you don't necessarily have to toss it out. I opened up a Sena SPH10 today in only a matter of minutes and performed a battery swap and now mines as good as new.

I had only had the headset about 6 months but sent it to a company called plugup.com a short while back that added a 3.5mm stereo jack to it so I can dangle it off my neck if I get tired of it on my ears and just use earbuds. The mod doesn't appear to have anything to do with my short battery life but none the less voids my 2 year warranty. As of late it has only been holding a charge for say about an hour before its dead as a door nail. After calling Sena to determine the specs on the battery and obtaining a couple for my headset I cracked mine open and after simply removing 5 little T8 Torx screws and swapping the battery my headset has been brought back from the dead. Even have one more spare battery should this one turn out to not last that long. A little care had to be taken with the speaker but pretty simple. I posted a pic of my headset with battery out. The Sena SMH10s I've read are relatively straight forward as well although the battery is a little different on the specs.

I am posting on the Rushmore threads as I know there are some folks taking the plunge and making their bikes work like they thought it should have from the start. Hopefully those who have the headset or deciding on one find this useful.

can you tell me the make and model of that battery you replaced in your Seña headset?

Old 01-26-2024, 03:15 PM
Cle_rider
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Biater
can you tell me the make and model of that battery you replaced in your Seña headset?
Almost everyone carries replacement batteries for these units, just google your headset and battery replacement. I got mine for a SMH10 from amazon 4 years ago and still going strong:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IFXP5W2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IFXP5W2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1