Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade 14 LTD for 15 CVO LTD

Old 06-22-2015, 12:25 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesroadking
When I think of trading up from my 2010 Limited, I go on this forum and read about how the new ones still have compensators failing, coolant leaks, stupid info system with all the problems. About that time the thought of upgrading usually has past.
Yeah, the new Rushmore's really are pieces of crap, should have kept my '06...probably should have kept that 4 door '58 Chevy I had too!

Last edited by IUOE ROB; 06-22-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:48 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 482 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
Not all of them. I haven't had one problem, best bike I've ever had.
What he said^^^^^!!!

Old 06-23-2015, 07:31 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

You guys so quick to coming back with the smart *** reply's, trying justify to yourself that your new Rushmore models were worth all the money you spent. You totally missed my point! And that is, Harley Davidson is selling new bikes with known defects components and high failure rates. (Such as compensators, wheel, transmission, and primary bearings, cooling systems leaks, info systems with all kinds of software problems and then not standing up and doing the right thing by fixing known problems even after the warranties have expired.
Kind of like Chevy did with the known key switch problem.
My point is all manufactures should be held liable to be make good by repairing at no cost to the customers (even after the warranties have expired) KNOWN and HIGH FAILURE RATED components, especially when those components can endanger lifes.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

You guys so quick to coming back with the smart *** reply's, trying justify to yourself that your new Rushmore models were worth all the money you spent. You totally missed my point! And that is, Harley Davidson is selling new bikes with known defects components and high failure rates. (Such as compensators, wheel, transmission, and primary bearings, cooling systems leaks, info systems with all kinds of software problems and then not standing up and doing the right thing by fixing known problems even after the warranties have expired.
My point is all manufactures should be held liable to be make good by repairing at no cost to the customers (even after the warranties have expired) KNOWN and HIGH FAILURE RATED components, especially when those components can endanger lifes.
100%, Totally wrong.

First, I don't need to justify what I do to myself or anyone else. If I want it, I'll buy it. Simple.

Second, no manufacturer is under any legal obligation to offer any type of warranty, period. They'll do so only to be competitive. Safety issues aside - which will involve the NHTSA - Buyer Beware is the rule of the day.

Finally, this is my first HD so I can't compare it to a previous bike. But from what my friends, who have ridden Harleys for decades are telling me, the bikes the MoCo has been building in the recent past are light years ahead of what used to be available & competitive with what anyone else is building. Only time will tell if I feel the same way - but so far so good.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:08 PM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My CVO is the first HD I've owned that I didn't have to change bars and seat just to make it rideable for me.

CVOs are a lot of money. If you want it and can afford it then get one. If you don't think the price is worth it then get what you like and customize it. That's why they make different models. We are all different.

For me, I'll ride this bike for a long time. If I ever trade it off it will be replaced by another CVO. M choice

Old 06-23-2015, 01:24 PM
dsw1519
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 15 LTD is hands down the best HD I have owned and a huge improvement over prior models. I own an HD because I love the fact the bike has soul. As with everything you do or own nothing is perfect. My only real gripe with the 15 is the fact they still insist on putting those shitty air shocks on most of the touring models. HD should be embarrassed by how poorly these shocks perform. JMHO.

Last edited by dsw1519; 06-24-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I'm too old to have, or need to justify anything or anyway I spend my money on.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:13 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

A quick story, my brother has a '14 Chevy Malibu that has been flawless since day one. Recently he had a problem with the GPS so he went on the Malibu forum to ask around about the problem. Never mentioned that the car was perfect for 2 years, just the GPS problem. You get 10 of those and EVERYBODY thinks there's a major problem with the Malibu Navigation. Most people that start on a forum are there because they either had a problem or need help with a certain system, VERY FEW go there to post how great their car is. Point is there are some problems, Infotainment is quirky, compensators are noisy and cooling system leaks early on, most of those have been fixed by now but overall the bike is great. Meanwhile there are tens (hundred's?) of thousands of new bikes running around that never had problems. Remember this Forum only represents a small percentage of Harley owners. Most in my circle don't even know what the Forum is...

Old 06-24-2015, 11:23 PM
JD HD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsw1519
My 15 LTD is hands down the best HD I have owned and a huge improvement over prior models. I own an HD because I love the fact the bike has soul. As with everything you do or own nothing is perfect. My only real gripe with the 15 is the fact they still insist on putting those shitty air shocks on most of the touring models. HD should be embarrassed by how poorly these shocks perform. JMHO.
+1 on the shocks. In fact, that is the only problem I've had with my Rushmore. They are leaking for the second time now. Getting rid of them next month and won't miss them a bit.

As far as trading, I personally wouldn't do it. That's a big hit to take on a 1 year old bike and I would rather use the additional money to build my Limited out the way I want it. Half the fun of having a Harley (to me) is taking advantage of the plethora of aftermarket parts to make it my own (and just better in general). To each their own though.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:28 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

When I think of trading up from my 2010 Limited, I go on this forum and read about how the new ones still have compensators failing, coolant leaks, stupid info system with all the problems. About that time the thought of upgrading usually has past.

are you shitting us? sorry for your loss. not one here that would trade for yours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trade 14 LTD for 15 CVO LTD