Sponsored by:

Gona try something with my FP3

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 07:06 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Well guys my experiment backfired. When the tune was telling me the advantages of the PV he said "if your not happy I can put it back the way it was, it's up to you. I said well if you do all this you got to get something at least $100. I did NOT nail him down on the details so I consider this my fault.
From what all he had said I never really thought I would want the FP3 back. I called him yesterday and he went into a very sad way of talking and couldn't believe I wasn't completely happy. He said it cost him $200 to install his PV and he had 4 hours of dyno time, he said he felt sick over this. He said he would work something out like maybe a discount on new tires.
So I now have a FP3 that I cant use and installed PV that didn't do much of any thing. He did spend some time telling me how much better the PV was but it still was for me to decide. I should had made sure his words was a Guarantee. So after spending another $450 on top of the $300 FP3. I know it won't cost me to get my FP3 reinstalled but I have a hard time with just pretending I didn't lose $450. On a high not he did readjust my Speedometer, but soon you will be able to do that with the FP3. I have about 300 miles on his tune so I'm not going to rush in to any changes fast. This guy seems really bummed. I'm taking full responsibility for our miss understanding.
There are things I don't understand.
What PV did he install? The PV (Power Vision) for 2014 touring bikes is the PV-2, it comes with a screen and software so you can do auto tunes to fine tune what the tuner did. The PV-2 as supplied by Fuel Moto whom I got mine from comes with a tune installed, it is near perfect as is. I did two auto tunes and it got slightly better, I'm completely satisfied.
What else did you do to your bike? I just did a de-cat and CVO mufflers.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Dan.1977P
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your tune is only as good as the tuner. I saw dozens of charts at my tuners where they dynod bikes after they were auto tuned and always got better results. They tested with everything from thundermax to fp3. Only thing I'm not sure of is if they tuned with the same device or installed a tts.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:30 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
There are things I don't understand.
What PV did he install? The PV (Power Vision) for 2014 touring bikes is the PV-2, it comes with a screen and software so you can do auto tunes to fine tune what the tuner did. The PV-2 as supplied by Fuel Moto whom I got mine from comes with a tune installed, it is near perfect as is. I did two auto tunes and it got slightly better, I'm completely satisfied.
What else did you do to your bike? I just did a de-cat and CVO mufflers.
He charged me a license fee of $200 so he cold use his PV on my bike. He is the only guy that can ever adjust it, and he did make this clear to me at the time. When he told me this part, by that time I was convinced the PV would out performer the FP3, I do have more power from 3 to 4000 rpm but all the rest is the same. Top end seems a little down and the idle don't feel as smooth. I manually adjusted my idle to different speeds for higher temps so my FP3 had a good idle. I miss that now.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:54 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Same guy same day. I got sick last night and the first part of today, I didn't get a chance to call him, do it tomorrow. He gave me that stick with the runs on it and I forgot to grab it. After he refunds my money he might not let me keep it. Maybe I could get him to print out the FP3 dyno and the last PV dyno then have my Son put it up here. Like I said the FP3 was lean from 3 to 4000 rpm. I'm hoping I could send it to V&H and have then fatten up the fuel cells in that area.

Thanks for responding, its good to know the FP3 is a contender when it comes to tuning for HP/TQ. From your guy getting a little less also tells me that a little more time or different dyno guy may get a few more of each, but still impressive the FP3 is close.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:07 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by TcHunter
Thanks for responding, its good to know the FP3 is a contender when it comes to tuning for HP/TQ. From your guy getting a little less also tells me that a little more time or different dyno guy may get a few more of each, but still impressive the FP3 is close.
Yes if what I did helps some one that's cool. I will try to get up there and get my stick with the runs on it. Still not sure what I'm going to do for a wile.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Gona try something with my FP3

If you liked the FP3'S tune better all you have to do is plug it back in, select the tune you want to flash and reflash it. Not sure if there is a way to save the tune currently on the bike since the FP3 would have already saved your stock tune to the first slot. If it will you could have both tunes avaliable. You could ask vance and hines about it.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:35 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
If you liked the FP3'S tune better all you have to do is plug it back in, select the tune you want to flash and reflash it. Not sure if there is a way to save the tune currently on the bike since the FP3 would have already saved your stock tune to the first slot. If it will you could have both tunes avaliable. You could ask vance and hines about it.
That would be cool, I will call them tomorrow about this. The guys shop is 40 miles away and I was thinking he would have to take the PV out, but what you are saying makes sense, Thanks.
I will up-date tomorrow night after I talk with V&H.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:40 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

That would be cool, I will call them tomorrow about this. The guys shop is 40 miles away and I was thinking he would have to take the PV out, but what you are saying makes sense, Thanks.
I will up-date tomorrow night after I talk with V&H.
As the other poster stated, you can flash the original tune from the FP3 back into the bike. When you plug it in, please go to customer support and hit the upload. It may give you an error stating the that calibration has changed since last time. But this is not a problem. Either way we can get the FP3 back to working order on your bike. And if you need assistance with honing in your map, please send me an email with your info.

cneely@vanceandhines.com

The following users liked this post:
URGE (07-05-2017)
Old 08-07-2015, 08:03 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 276 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Vhcneely
As the other poster stated, you can flash the original tune from the FP3 back into the bike. When you plug it in, please go to customer support and hit the upload. It may give you an error stating the that calibration has changed since last time. But this is not a problem. Either way we can get the FP3 back to working order on your bike. And if you need assistance with honing in your map, please send me an email with your info.

cneely@vanceandhines.com
There you go. Didn't even ask and V&H stepped right in. That's service right there!
Hey Chris, when is the speedo calibration coming?

Old 08-07-2015, 08:08 AM
skyhawk85u
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
There you go. Didn't even ask and V&H stepped right in. That's service right there!
Hey Chris, when is the speedo calibration coming?
Man, I would LOVE to be able to calibrate my speedo with my FP3.

Quick Reply: Gona try something with my FP3