Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limited -- cb ptt switch -- rant!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 04:19 PM
woodmnctry
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Angry Limited -- cb ptt switch -- rant!!

Having now completed several thousand miles on the limited I feel qualified to provide an evaluation of the position of the Push To Talk (PTT) switch for the CB radio --- in short and specific terms – “IT SUCKS A BIG ONE!!!’--- whomever at Mother HD that came up with this RH position has never ever ridden this bike and to used the CB --- why would anyone in their right mind try to put this on the same side as the throttle ??---it might work when a rider is on cruise control but trying to thumb the PTT while properly controlling the throttle is dangerous as hell especially in city traffic when trying to lead a group of riders. The pre 14 bikes with the switch on the LH side are vastly better plain and simple------sometimes one has to wonder about the experience and mentality of those engineering designer types that make these decisions --- get a rope!

Hopefully somebody will develop a means by which to move the PTT to the left handlebar position where it belongs --- as somebody previously mentioned it would be even better located where the odometer button is.

The following 3 users liked this post by woodmnctry:
BobRed0965 (08-09-2016), jpooch00 (10-02-2016), Larry Davis (08-15-2016)
Old 09-22-2015, 04:44 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,044 Likes on 7,961 Posts
Default Limited -- cb ptt switch -- rant!!

Plus with the newest software you really don't know if you made a transmission because you can no longer can hear yourself in the headphones.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:52 PM
tonhop
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are correct on all points! Reverse the mileage switch and the push to talk and all would be well! I would gladly pay for the soft ware to do this! How can we get HD to hear our pain and improve their product????????

The following users liked this post:
Joltergeist (10-02-2016)
Old 09-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by woodmnctry
Having now completed several thousand miles on the limited I feel qualified to provide an evaluation of the position of the Push To Talk (PTT) switch for the CB radio --- in short and specific terms – “IT SUCKS A BIG ONE!!!’--- whomever at Mother HD that came up with this RH position has never ever ridden this bike and to used the CB --- why would anyone in their right mind try to put this on the same side as the throttle ??---it might work when a rider is on cruise control but trying to thumb the PTT while properly controlling the throttle is dangerous as hell especially in city traffic when trying to lead a group of riders. The pre 14 bikes with the switch on the LH side are vastly better plain and simple------sometimes one has to wonder about the experience and mentality of those engineering designer types that make these decisions --- get a rope!

Hopefully somebody will develop a means by which to move the PTT to the left handlebar position where it belongs --- as somebody previously mentioned it would be even better located where the odometer button is.
Agree 100 percent. I have 8200 miles on my Road Glide, most of those miles with other riders with CB's. That PTT switch is one of the few gripes I have with the bike.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:33 PM
58sniper
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tonhop
You are correct on all points! Reverse the mileage switch and the push to talk and all would be well! I would gladly pay for the soft ware to do this! How can we get HD to hear our pain and improve their product????????
Even if they put a mileage type switch on the right for PTT, that would be much better.

The following users liked this post:
Joltergeist (10-02-2016)
Old 09-22-2015, 05:53 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

1. Switch location is pitiful, someone has lost their mind! Move it to the left side where the mileage reset button....
2. No hand mic, what the !!!....get with it HD
3. I just bought a 2016 SGS and HD says I can't install a CB radio....WTH?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:44 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by zoozoo
Plus with the newest software you really don't know if you made a transmission because you can no longer can hear yourself in the headphones.
No thanks. Never had it on any bike with a factory CB since 1995, certainly don't need to hear my own voice now.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:46 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,044 Likes on 7,961 Posts

Originally Posted by YPD485
No thanks. Never had it on any bike with a factory CB since 1995, certainly don't need to hear my own voice now.

Before the latest update you could turn it up to hear yourself or turn it down and not hear. I like to hear because I know I am transmitting.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts

It's just feels awkward even after 15K miles on it and we always use CB can't figured out how to get used to it. Old one didn't need improvements it was positioned well and very user friendly why the heck they made changes who knows who they are listening to.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I made this complaint almost 2 years ago with a recommendation that a button like the mileage button be placed on the right side. AND ALAS, nothing has happened. They claim that the Rushmore was designed with input from riders, but apparently their riders didn't use CBs.

Quick Reply: Limited -- cb ptt switch -- rant!!