Sponsored by:

Hello. My name is Dr. Tiki and I soon will have a 2016 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 06:40 AM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
I have to say that I like it now. It doesn't have the 'Grunt' of the FuelMoto Dyno Tuned pipes that I had on my Street Glide but I like them. I think my initial my hesitation was just because I had the FuelMoto pipes on my bike for so long, that these pipes were just different and I have had a number of people say the they like the sound as well.
I've listened to the sound samples of both your stock and Screaming Eagle mufflers on your web site. The Street Cannons don't sound significantly different than the OE set however I will say my computer speakers aren't the best. How would you describe the difference in sound between the two. Louder? Deeper?

Old 05-24-2016, 08:35 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 572 Likes on 216 Posts

Not louder but a lot deeper.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:02 PM
muddmann
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I also have the SE Cannons on my Limited. I do agree with the Dr., but I like to say they have more bass.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

Short ride yesterday. 444 Miles in 100+ Degree temps, at one point the temp was up to 116.

I took the luggage rack off the tour pack but haven't decided what I want to do with the holes as of yet. I wouldn't mind the Harley Spear Trim Kit if it was a bolt on piece, but it's not. Right now, I don't have anything plugging the holes. I may run down to Lowes later for my next project. If I do I'll make a stop at the hardware aisle.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:06 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

Whoa where to start this post? This summer has been crazy and I have been riding a ton! My first big ride was a quick jaunt down to Albuquerque, New Mexico for the Nation of Patriots and then off to Sturgis.

When I started this journey on July 21st, I had 8,254 miles on my bike. (for those looking at my signature right now.... yea... I have put some miles on since). I had a great trip and reunited with friends and extended family along the way.

Last Year my riding buddy and I met up with Nation of Patriots flag just inside of Arizona at Meteor Crater. We stayed with the flag for a few hundred miles... ok Maybe a thousand or two... over three states and about a weeks worth of overnighters. Since then my riding buddy has passed and I had to ride this year alone. Well I did have my fellow patriots with me, but none were doing the distance that I had planned. After 1,500 miles it was time go home and finish one more week of work before heading off to Sturgis.

This was my first trip to Sturgis and I loved every mile of it. I genuinely say that the trip there was infinitely better then being there. Don't get me wrong, my one and only wish for the actually rally was to find a bar on the main drag where I could just drink beer and watch people for a few hours while smoking cigars. That I got to do and the rest of time, I got to enjoy the roads, parks and monuments. Though after watching people ride in a crowd like this, you people scare me... and if you are offended by this... you are the one of the ones that scare me. In general... again, general.... I was amazed by the total lack of riding skills by the majority of riders. I seriously need a patch that reads, "I Rode the Needles Highway one handed and I still didn't chop my turns.".

My Sturgis trip was just under 6K Miles, we left Vegas for Canada before turning towards Sturgis and then heading home. These lands of America are truly beautiful and I am glad that I got to see them!

Old 08-27-2016, 01:13 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

Leaving Vegas at "OMG IS THIS REALLY THIS EARLY" in the morning for New Mexico.

4:44 am and 94 degrees still....... Man the desert is beautiful!

Somewhere just on the very west side of Arizona....

Selfie! This picture actually turned out to be a theme of mine through my summer adventures, I think I have at least one or more of these in every state that I rode through.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:12 AM
drew4jan
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Dr. Tiki, did you make any videos of the trip? If so where are you mounting your GoPro on this bike?

Old 09-20-2016, 01:27 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

I know its a late response but I haven't taken any videos on this bike yet. I haven't been motivated lately to do anything photography related.... but GoPro just announced their new camera today and I have been telling myself for the last 6 months that as soon as it goes up for sale, I'm getting one. Now it's a question of do I buy just the camera or the whole outfit with a drone too??? Damn you Gopro! Have been feeling the desire to shoot again though and along with the new GoPro have started looking at mirrorless cameras... or maybe a new DSLR... decisions... decisions...

Where I am today? Well, I rode to Sturgis via a short detour into Canada. It was my first trip to Sturgis and I literally spent one day there. I guess it's like any other rally... T-Shirt and Food stalls. I spent more time at the dealership in Rapid City where they were actually selling motorcycle parts. The roads were fantastic though and I would go back just for them. Motorcycles everywhere, it was insane! but I need a patch now that says "I rode the Needles HWY... one handed and I still didn't chop my turns!". but Oh MY God some of the riders that were out there, scared the **** out of me. Duck walking a bike down Main Street is one thing but those same people out on the road... they worried me. Never used my Med Kit though, I guess thats good.

My trip overview...

Mileage records show:
Total Mileage = 5,765 Miles
Avg Miles per day = 360.3
Total $ spent gas = $473.30
Avg. MPG = 41.23
Miles Per Tank = 247
Gallons of Fuel used = 142
Cost per day = $29.58
Fun per Mile = PRICELESS

Before I left for Sturgis I had my bike at the dealership for the 10K Service and I told them my rotors were warped and I wanted them replaced under warranty. Though they were warped, the dealership told me that they were still in within Harley guidelines and they couldn't replace them.

When I got back from Sturgis for the 15K (plus some miles) I told them that riding the Beartooth Highway in the rain, with warped rotors was far from fun and put me the bike and me at risk. I was quite stern and told them that they WILL BE replacing my rotors under warranty.

Wen I picked the bike up from service, all three rotors were replaced along with new wheel bearing for the front and rear. The bike brakes like it should now and I happy again. They even detailed the bike instead of the normal wash that they normally do. The bike was filthy though, Canada rain is very dirty.

I have more stories and a crap load of pictures from Sturgis but I think my posting limit would exceed this forum.
Online gallery of my Sturgis pics are here, poster in reverse chronological order. Most pictures are just scenery shots while riding down he road as I stuck a camera in the air and snapped the shutter. No nudie girls from Sturgis. Sorry.

The bike ran flawlessly though except for my chrome exhaust tips.... this is the third set on my bike now that the dealer has had to replace due to bubbling and peeling chrome. The dealer offered to put something else on but I told them that I want them replaced for the same part # over and over again. I told my Service Writer that I want to be the reason that they are pulled from the catalog.

Last Weekend was a Safety Day for our HOG Chapter. We have a very good relationship with the local police and their motor officers and we try to hold two Safety Days a year and one competition day. Last weekend was a safety day and to was a time to to practice slow skills like U-Turns, weaves and braking techniques. I love these days and i love the competition days more. Our chapter photographer got this shot of me which I thought was damn near perfect.

I have scrapped the floorboards a few times on this bike but during this safety day is when I found the limit. I got more comfortable with scrapping the floorboards and I kept leaning it over more and more to the point that the floorboard stopped giving way and the bracket hit.... I knew I was on the bracket but I leaned it over just touch more anyways to the point that front end got light and the bike stopped turning like it should. I straightened it up a bit and with this crisis averted....I felt that as far as floor scrapping was concerned, I was done for the day. But lesson learned, I now have a pretty good feel for how far this bike will lean over before the front end washes out. :/

Last edited by Dr. Tiki; 09-20-2016 at 01:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
drew4jan (09-20-2016)