Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello. My name is Dr. Tiki and I soon will have a 2016 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 06:15 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

Really happy for you Tiki. Hard to believe you'd part with the SG but I understand it was probably time.
Did they even give you anything for it? If I remember correctly you never really had any real issues with the bike in all those miles right?
Maybe something about the trans or something I forget. Incredible amount of miles... inspiring.

Any who, congrats. You'll love the limited.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:42 AM
HazyHog
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations! I know you are one of the true riding enthusiasts and will love the Limited. Mine has been a fantastic bike.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts

Transmission had to be replaced because of a faulty main shaft bearing. I brought it in in time but it took the dealership a few attempts to find out why it was leaking fluid. By the time they found the issue, the gearing in the trans had excessive wear. The bearing failed a second time but this time it was caught way early before it created other issues.

Never had a problem with the engine but that's basically why I am trading it in. The bike just feels a little tired and it will be out of warranty in August. I can extend the warranty through Cornerstone but I still feel that there is a major repair coming, and I have a few high mileage trips this year. So I am trying to get in front of any looming issues. That's part of the reason that I am sad about doing this... There is nothing wrong with my bike.

Last edited by Dr. Tiki; 02-29-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:37 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts

It's a sad day for me. This was the last day that I ride my bike in it's current configuration. Tomorrow I put it up on the lift and start the tear down in preparation of getting my new bike.

My new bike was not a special order but one that my dealer found at another dealership in California. The bike was still on the truck from the MOCO and as soon as arrived at the dealership in California, it was to be loaded on another truck to go to Las Vegas. Well I got a call in Thursday that the bike still has not arrived at the CA dealership.

So expectations were slim that I would take possession of it this week. But none the less with my schedule, my street glide, my beloved FLHX... Carley... will be stripped down tomorrow.

I did order my first part for the new bike though...a Top Shelf Saddlebag Organizer.

Last edited by Dr. Tiki; 03-05-2016 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:19 AM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

I wouldn't waste my time removing the heated grips.

Congrats on the new ride.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:36 PM
lmar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,073 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
I got the Mysterious Red Sunglo / Velocity Red Sunglo two tone. I will be OK with the color until it's painted a solid red. That will probably be a year or so out. I'll get the bike and ride it for awhile before I decide which direction I want to go.

I spent the day in the garage setting up a large table and taking down boxes with all the stock components that need to go back on the bike.
Congrats!! That the same Color I purchased. Mine is being delivered to my home on Monday

Old 03-05-2016, 04:02 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm picking up my new 2016 Mysterious Red Sunglo /Velocity Red Sunglo Ultra Limited plus a stack of boxes containing the initial order of necessary accessories on Wednesday. Weather is supposed to be in the 70s and dry. Not a typical S.E. PA day.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:57 PM
lmar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,073 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Originally Posted by peddler
I'm picking up my new 2016 Mysterious Red Sunglo /Velocity Red Sunglo Ultra Limited plus a stack of boxes containing the initial order of necessary accessories on Wednesday. Weather is supposed to be in the 70s and dry. Not a typical S.E. PA day.
What are the "Necessary Accessories" you purchased? First Harley after 43 years of riding, so I'm looking at what other guys are adding.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:30 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by lmar
What are the "Necessary Accessories" you purchased? First Harley after 43 years of riding, so I'm looking at what other guys are adding.
- fairing vent (color matched)
- chrome switch covers
- chrome clutch lever bracket-master cylinder
- chrome brake lever bracket-master cylinder
- tour pak spoiler w/brake light
- short arm highway peg brackets
- helmet lock
- nostalgic brake pedal
- repair manual

Old 03-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member