Sponsored by:

Hello. My name is Dr. Tiki and I soon will have a 2016 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 12:07 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts
Default Hello. My name is Dr. Tiki and I soon will have a 2016 FLHTK

Hello. My name is Dr. Tiki and I soon will have a 2016 FLHTK. I have spent most of my time on this board down in the Pre-2014 Touring Forum but it looks like I will be moving up to this forum now.

My dealer and I just came to a mutual agreement today on a 2016 Limited, but they don't have the bike on the floor. One has been located for me in California and the dealer should have it in and ready for me in 1-2 Weeks.

I decided that instead of buying a Street Glide and building it up to an Ultra (like my current bike), that I would get an Ultra and take things off to make it more like a Street Glide.

Since I don't have the bike yet, the picture from the MOCO website will have to do.
Copyrighted image removed by moderator.
Part of the deal is the new Screaming Eagle High Flow exhaust system with the Billet End Caps and a SE Stage-1 intake with the dealer download.

I am trading both my other bikes in as part of the deal and since my Street Glide has nearly 130K miles on it, the dealer said that it will go straight to auction. "So take anything you want to keep off of it.". So I started on my list of things to remove.

Right now, I'm more sad than excited. My bike is exactly how I want it and we have made some fantastic memories together. .... I can't... talk anymore...

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 02-28-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:26 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
Hello. My name is Dr. Tiki and I soon will have a 2016 FLHTK. I have spent most of my time on this board down in the Pre-2014 Touring Forum but it looks like I will be moving up to this forum now.

My dealer and I just came to a mutual agreement today on a 2016 Limited, but they don't have the bike on the floor. One has been located for me in California and the dealer should have it in and ready for me in 1-2 Weeks.

I decided that instead of buying a Street Glide and building it up to an Ultra (like my current bike), that I would get an Ultra and take things off to make it more like a Street Glide.

Since I don't have the bike yet, the picture from the MOCO website will have to do.
Copyrighted image removed by moderator.
Part of the deal is the new Screaming Eagle High Flow exhaust system with the Billet End Caps and a SE Stage-1 intake with the dealer download.

I am trading both my other bikes in as part of the deal and since my Street Glide has nearly 130K miles on it, the dealer said that it will go straight to auction. "So take anything you want to keep off of it.". So I started on my list of things to remove.

Right now, I'm more sad than excited. My bike is exactly how I want it and we have made some fantastic memories together. .... I can't... talk anymore...
Yes, I did the same thing, welcome to the world of the wet-heads. Hey I am in Cali I could ride it to your location, but then it would be an all-wet instead of wet-head.

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 02-28-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:29 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,107 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
I can't... talk anymore...
At least till your new one comes in, then you'll have plenty to say.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:37 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

CONGRATZ! You certainly got your money's worth out of your old ride.

Since the moderators removed your pic from the moco site, can't tell what color combo you went with.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:41 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Congrats , what color did you get ?

Old 02-28-2016, 06:08 PM
RKC1965
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Congratulations Doc. You know what ......letting go of the old bike for a new one seems to be very hard for lots of people. I bought a new one last year and sold the old and still find myself wondering if I should have kept it. Yet I have no problem selling and buying vehicles and not really caring much about it. I guess the bikes are more like family. Enjoy your new ride .

Old 02-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts

I got the Mysterious Red Sunglo / Velocity Red Sunglo two tone. I will be OK with the color until it's painted a solid red. That will probably be a year or so out. I'll get the bike and ride it for awhile before I decide which direction I want to go.

I spent the day in the garage setting up a large table and taking down boxes with all the stock components that need to go back on the bike.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:00 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats! You'll get over that feeling in about 1 mile...lol

Old 02-29-2016, 05:16 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!!! The dealer should keep your street glide. I'm sure they rarely see a bike with that many miles.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:12 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

CONGRATS on your new Rig!

You will need the new Tourpak just to take all your aftermarket stuff off and store to get home. Lol.

Enjoy it Dr. Tiki!

👍👍👍

YB

Quick Reply: Hello. My name is Dr. Tiki and I soon will have a 2016 FLHTK