Sponsored by:

DEALERSHIP SERVICE- S.E Michigan/ NW Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 09:00 AM
D-BOY
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEALERSHIP SERVICE- S.E Michigan/ NW Ohio

hey there im lookin for a better than good service dept. would like to know your opinions/views of your Experiences with Dealer Service Department in that general area , also Independents , basically who has a Great Reputation , more specific an excellent tech for tuning in bike

Last edited by D-BOY; 03-13-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:54 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

I'd have to say Napoleon, @ HD Sales and service, give them a call, talk to Bob in service,

Old 03-13-2016, 11:48 AM
apxpred
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tpcowfish
I'd have to say Napoleon, @ HD Sales and service, give them a call, talk to Bob in service,
Another vote for Napoleon HD, was not impressed w/ Brighton MI. YMMV

Old 03-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Dmay16
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not go to Biker Bob's...their service department treats the customer like dirt. Took my bike in for the clutch recall and came back with one of the caps broken off my newer grips and scratches on the tank. They denied any repair to the tank as their service manager Gunny (one of the most irrational persons I have ever met) said they worked on the clutch and didn't touch the tank. No explanation for the grips so I asked to see the area where my bike was being worked on and found the cap in the garbage can. Parts department ended up giving me a new set of grips off the shelf. Almpst every time I go in there someone is arguing or fuming mad with the service department. In short avoid biker bobs for service...sorry for the rant.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:48 PM
RoadsterGlide
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd have to say Wolverine HD in Clinton Township, MI, near Mount Clemens. I bought my 15 RGS there and they have always treated me well in parts, service and apparel. I had been a chapter member there for 10 years before buying a bike there, but until then had been loyal to another HD franchise that closed when the dealer/owner retired.

As for Biker Bob's, I've only occasionally purchased apparel from them, but I've heard similar stories to Dmay16's encounter.

As for Brighton HD, I had an oil change and parts install when I had a Street Glide a few years ago, with no issues. But I don't recommend buying a bike from them. When I was looking for a 15 RGS back in the fall of 2014, I stopped by several of the metro Detroit area dealerships, including theirs. Newbie sales guy was being "handled/overseen" on the floor by the sales manager who pretty much hovered by him the whole time. They gave me a song and dance, took my name and contact info, said they would call me in a week. Never did, and I didn't bother calling back to point it out.

But having said that, keep in mind that even "good" dealers are still going to have the occasional dissatisfied customer that is going to post their dissatisfaction somewhere.
It's sort of like reading a restaurant review on Yelp...half say they'd eat there everyday for the rest of their lives and the other half say never again. YMMV.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:17 PM
Radiochris
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Great old-school shop in Wayne, MI is Stevenson's Cycle. Great work, fair price and they stand by everything they do.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:53 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

I've used wolverine and motor city. Bought mine from wolverine I knew the sales guy (club brother) but wolverines service department is 100 bucks higher then motor city. Plus there further away from me. stevensons is right down the road. Haven't tried them yet but might do a walk on. I do most of my own wrenching unless it warranty work. But still looking for a good dyno guy not a sert either.

Batman

Old 03-14-2016, 06:06 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,696 Likes on 1,029 Posts

I have used both Wolverine and ABC Harley In my opinion, both have great service departments.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:34 AM
bigrobtemp
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I think it is all subjective. I bought my 14 TK from Biker Bob's and there were 3 dealers closer to my house. Wolverine's prices are high and they wanted to give me 2 grand less for my trade. ABC was a little closer on the trade but would not deal on their bike at all. While on my way to Toledo to buy a new bike i stopped at Biker Bob's. I bought a new Limited and took off for vacation, while riding it lost all coolant and when i got home i called the service dept and they drove the hour to my house to pick it up and brought me a loaner bike to ride while they had it. Now this happened 6 times during the course of a year and every time it was not a problem. I spoke with Gunny and Justin almost every time and even the tech Tom and all were very professional and helpful. This was my first New Harley and they went above and beyond for me. They have put 2 new heads and replaced numerous parts trying to get the leak fixed, along with all the recalls. Every time driving out to the house and getting the bike. I live over and hour away! I would call that great service. Bike is always washed and cleaned when i get it back. Just mho.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:04 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

If you are looking for anything motor or tuning related it's hard to beat Roeders.
http://www.roederracing.com/
A member here HarleyTuner aka Chad used to work for them. They did a great job on my 09 after the dealer screwed it up twice.

Quick Reply: DEALERSHIP SERVICE- S.E Michigan/ NW Ohio