Sponsored by:

Black crash bar covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 12:28 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by r2t2k2
It's my favorite... It kicks my butt every time I've taken it and take a day off after the class. I really enjoy it when Will S. is instructing. I see that they just opened up the May class... Gotta sign up and I hope Will is one of the instructors. I agree about the price too. I have to chuckle when some people that haven't even taken the course complain about the price. Is this your off or take it year?
I thought Will and Harry were the only instructors. Does anybody else teach it?

When I took it the last time we had a guy who rode from Iowa just to take it!

This is my "take it" year. Man, are you right about it kicking your butt. I was on a Dyna the last time and my shoulders were so sore it hurt to shave the next day. I'm up another 175 pounds over the Dyna with the Road Glide. I can already tell just from the little practicing I'm doing that this is going to be a handful.

They usually schedule one in Lewiston so that's the plan. I think they had a good turnout, 6 or so, last year so I assume they'll come back up here. I may give them a call just to make sure, because I don't want to wait and have my second choice fill up. 8 is the cutoff.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:29 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Originally Posted by load97
$30 for an engine guard is not out of line. Anywhere from $25-50 I'd say. If a person plans on dropping the bike a lot, these seem like the way to go. Not putting down your decision for what you like as its your bike. I was just asking a question.
Oh no, no problem at all. Just making conversation. I'm sitting here trying to remember what I paid for mine, and I had $60 in my head, but now that I think about it, it might not have been that much. Don't remember exactly.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:41 PM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I thought Will and Harry were the only instructors. Does anybody else teach it?

When I took it the last time we had a guy who rode from Iowa just to take it!

This is my "take it" year. Man, are you right about it kicking your butt. I was on a Dyna the last time and my shoulders were so sore it hurt to shave the next day. I'm up another 175 pounds over the Dyna with the Road Glide. I can already tell just from the little practicing I'm doing that this is going to be a handful.

They usually schedule one in Lewiston so that's the plan. I think they had a good turnout, 6 or so, last year so I assume they'll come back up here. I may give them a call just to make sure, because I don't want to wait and have my second choice fill up. 8 is the cutoff.
Will is a Meridian motorcycle cop. He instructs motor cops all over the state. I know he taught the class in Lewiston last year and made it a road trip. The dude LOVES to ride and is probably the best instructor I've ever had.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:44 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Will and I are on a first name basis and have been together for other teaching activities. He's incredible.

The other instructor has been Harry Kindelberger. Harry was the lead motor officer instructor for the Idaho State Police. Will had worked with Harry for several years, and now that Harry has retired Will is indeed the instructor for all of Idaho's new motor officers. Officers from all over Idaho who are newly assigned to motor duty, whether the ISP, or sheriff's departments, or police departments, all go to Will for training.

Now you're getting me all excited!

Old 03-16-2016, 04:09 PM
allen6747
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Another option to protect your engine guards when practicing slow maneuvers is cut some pieces of radiator hose and fit them on the contact points of your engine guards. They cost almost nothing and can easily be removed.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:12 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Originally Posted by allen6747
Another option to protect your engine guards when practicing slow maneuvers is cut some pieces of radiator hose and fit them on the contact points of your engine guards. They cost almost nothing and can easily be removed.
Serious cone-kickers use something like these, shaft collars, also available in places like Grainger and McMaster-Carr. You attach them to the engine guard right at the low point of the bend.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CLIMAX-MET...ype=10&veh=aff

Old 06-25-2019, 05:32 PM
bruceasl
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know what size the shaft collars should be? I am looking to get a set for my 2019 Road Glide.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:14 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 602 Likes on 325 Posts

If you are interested in leather ones check us out .. https://captain-itch.com/product-cat...e-guard-wraps/