Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black crash bar covers

Old 03-15-2016, 11:12 PM
Roadking69
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Black crash bar covers

Somewhere in saw some plastic covers for the factory crash bars any one know where to buy them.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:42 PM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 03-15-2016, 11:51 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Have them on my bike, they're awesome!

Fit great, thick and heavy duty, and very reasonably priced: $30 for a set of four, for engine guard and rear bag guards.

Even better, if you've got black guards they flat become invisible.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:43 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Interesting item. Though, if the bike tips over is about the same price to get the bar powdercoated again. Short of having any dents of course. Any pictures of them on? Kind of curious to see how they look.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:15 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Good idea!

Old 03-16-2016, 08:46 AM
r2t2k2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by load97
Interesting item. Though, if the bike tips over is about the same price to get the bar powdercoated again. Short of having any dents of course. Any pictures of them on? Kind of curious to see how they look.
The differences are the pro-guards are sacrificial... Throw 'em away, replace, ride. Your powder coated bars have to be removed, re-coated, reinstalled and then you can ride.

I've already used 'em taking the Idaho STAR Precision Riding Course. I replaced the one that was damaged and was back on the road.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:38 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by load97
I had my guard powder coated. I don't know where you live, but I don't know any coater that will do an engine guard for $29. They're on the bike in my sig pic below. I can take a closer pic if you want.

Originally Posted by r2t2k2
The differences are the pro-guards are sacrificial... Throw 'em away, replace, ride. Your powder coated bars have to be removed, re-coated, reinstalled and then you can ride.

I've already used 'em taking the Idaho STAR Precision Riding Course. I replaced the one that was damaged and was back on the road.
You don't need to replace them. They just show a little scuff and that's it. I've dropped mine doing low speed practice drops, I just gave it a little rub with my fingers and you can't even see anything. I'm guessing at worst a touch up with fine sandpaper and you'd be good to go.

How did you like the PRC? I had so much fun doing it that I've decided I'm taking it every other year just for a skills refresher. Plus, the price is a joke. They're giving it away. There are similar classes elsewhere in the country for more than double the cost of the PRC.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:59 AM
r2t2k2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
How did you like the PRC? I had so much fun doing it that I've decided I'm taking it every other year just for a skills refresher. Plus, the price is a joke. They're giving it away. There are similar classes elsewhere in the country for more than double the cost of the PRC.
It's my favorite... It kicks my butt every time I've taken it and take a day off after the class. I really enjoy it when Will S. is instructing. I see that they just opened up the May class... Gotta sign up and I hope Will is one of the instructors. I agree about the price too. I have to chuckle when some people that haven't even taken the course complain about the price. Is this your off or take it year?

Old 03-16-2016, 12:07 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

I had my guard powder coated. I don't know where you live, but I don't know any coater that will do an engine guard for $29. They're on the bike in my sig pic below. I can take a closer pic if you want.
That price sounds about right. I had 65 pieces powder coated 2 months ago for $320. That included blasting the chrome off and coating them.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:09 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I had my guard powder coated. I don't know where you live, but I don't know any coater that will do an engine guard for $29. They're on the bike in my sig pic below. I can take a closer pic if you want.You don't need to replace them. They just show a little scuff and that's it. I've dropped mine doing low speed practice drops, I just gave it a little rub with my fingers and you can't even see anything. I'm guessing at worst a touch up with fine sandpaper and you'd be good to go.

$30 for an engine guard is not out of line. Anywhere from $25-50 I'd say. If a person plans on dropping the bike a lot, these seem like the way to go. Not putting down your decision for what you like as its your bike. I was just asking a question.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black crash bar covers