Sponsored by:

Test ride!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Dustinjp
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test ride!

I had done a post on here a while ago looking at a new street glide. Well I went out today and test road a ultra limited and a street glide ( they did not have a sgs to test). I really love the looks of the street glide but my wife likes the idea of the tour pac so I think we will be going that route with a quick detach kit. I have to say that I really liked the stretglide a lot more. I think it was just the seat on the ultra that put me off of it, I felt like my ***** where smashing into the tank and did not feel like I had that much room. Both handled very well and I liked the abs on the limited ( i know the special has abs as well). I tested the and brakes out pretty hard and was impressed. I am 6' 2" and 275 so I am not a small guy and I think that I want to try a road glide ultra before making my decision. They unfortunately did not have a Rushmore rg to test but another local dealer is having a test our metal event this weekend. I will let you know what I end up with but just thought I would share my 2 cents

Old 04-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustinjp
I had done a post on here a while ago looking at a new street glide. Well I went out today and test road a ultra limited and a street glide ( they did not have a sgs to test). I really love the looks of the street glide but my wife likes the idea of the tour pac so I think we will be going that route with a quick detach kit. I have to say that I really liked the stretglide a lot more. I think it was just the seat on the ultra that put me off of it, I felt like my ***** where smashing into the tank and did not feel like I had that much room. Both handled very well and I liked the abs on the limited ( i know the special has abs as well). I tested the and brakes out pretty hard and was impressed. I am 6' 2" and 275 so I am not a small guy and I think that I want to try a road glide ultra before making my decision. They unfortunately did not have a Rushmore rg to test but another local dealer is having a test our metal event this weekend. I will let you know what I end up with but just thought I would share my 2 cents
I think once you test ride the Road Glide Ultra it will be game over in your decision making process. Your big and tall so you will appreciate the much roomier feel of the Road Glide. I'm certain your wife will appreciate the ride of the Limited or Road Glide Ultra. She won't like the Street Glide ride at all from a passenger perspective. If you don't ride much 2up then get what you like most.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:12 AM
goose222
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
I think once you test ride the Road Glide Ultra it will be game over in your decision making process. Your big and tall so you will appreciate the much roomier feel of the Road Glide. I'm certain your wife will appreciate the ride of the Limited or Road Glide Ultra. She won't like the Street Glide ride at all from a passenger perspective. If you don't ride much 2up then get what you like most.
I agree 100%. That's all it took for me and I leaped head first into the shark tank. Unless something drastically changes I don't think you will ever see me on a batwing again.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:35 AM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

Get Ultra and remove TP. I had a RG and hated all the mass in front of me. Also, if you test ride the RG, you may find you can't see the screen or gauges from the sun glare. Don't buy a big heavy tourer w/o ABS. When you remove yout TP, you can also install SG seat.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:34 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

I think once you test ride the Road Glide Ultra it will be game over in your decision making process. Your big and tall so you will appreciate the much roomier feel of the Road Glide.
Agreed!!!^^^^^

Come on over to Shark Nation my friend the waters are just fine.....

Old 04-21-2016, 06:48 AM
Ultraboy105
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I think once you test ride the Road Glide Ultra it will be game over in your decision making process. Your big and tall so you will appreciate the much roomier feel of the Road Glide. I'm certain your wife will appreciate the ride of the Limited or Road Glide Ultra.
I rode the RGS and the CVO RGU on a recent demo days. I found the fairing on the RGS completely useless aside from a storage unit. The wind made the speakers useless, so why have a radio at all. The CVO was a little better, but was so heavy it slid in a corner other bikes had no issues with. There isn't any more room on a RG vs a SG/EG with 10" bars other than trying to reach the radio. Always wanted an '11 CVO RGU, but looks like the EG rides for me.

The following users liked this post:
jd05flhtci (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 07:07 AM
Davidson Harley
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

You ride one a these fugley shark nosed bastards on the highway--it will be game over. Just be prepared to replace your windshield. You will never look back.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:20 AM
THE PEG
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Tested an Ultra Limited and brought one. I'm 6'1", 230 lbs, modified the stock seat and also have a Mustang Summit seat with a backrest. Put on a 10" freedom shield and
12 1/2" Wild 1 Chubby's. All comfort problems are solved.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:23 PM
07FXSTOki
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I test rode an Ultra and a Street Glide this past weekend also. The Ultra felt much, much heavier then my old softail and the Street Glide felt like a toy after the Ultra. I'm confident that after some time on the Ultra I'll be just as comfortable. I bought the Ultra because I think the passengers will be happier on it.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:39 PM
jdgresham
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Sgs

I ride a '14 SGS and added on the tour pak with quick disconnect. Also went with a Sundowner seat for long rides. We rode Seattle to Sturgis last year and my wife said she was fine the whole time. A little over 3800 miles round trip.

Quick Reply: Test ride!