Sponsored by:

CB will not Transmit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 02:59 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default CB will not Transmit?

Have had my Ultra for some time... actually, took the CB antenna off - but decided to put it back on (yes it says CB on the bottom) got out my manual... pretty straight forward.. CB, ON - channel 17, on screen next to HD is square with CB in it... PPT - hear a 'Beep' that box does NOT turn white, as manual shows When Transmitting??? tried several channels,,,, can not hear or seem to transmit. Call the Dealer,, verified I have 1.19.2 update... was told current update is .19.1 NO 1 in front???

Searched here but did not find anything...

Has anyone else had an issue with CB NOT transmitting OR am I missing something??

BTW - everything else on the Boom seems to work just fine....

Old 04-28-2016, 03:03 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
Have had my Ultra for some time... actually, took the CB antenna off - but decided to put it back on (yes it says CB on the bottom) got out my manual... pretty straight forward.. CB, ON - channel 17, on screen next to HD is square with CB in it... PPT - hear a 'Beep' that box does NOT turn white, as manual shows When Transmitting??? tried several channels,,,, can not hear or seem to transmit. Call the Dealer,, verified I have 1.19.2 update... was told current update is .19.1 NO 1 in front???

Searched here but did not find anything...

Has anyone else had an issue with CB NOT transmitting OR am I missing something??

BTW - everything else on the Boom seems to work just fine....
Sounds like you have a Rushmore. In that case, make sure you are pushing the PTT straight in. Slightly up or down when pushing in won't work and may or may not change the squelch level. Other than that, it sounds like it needs to be looked at by a dealer.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:05 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts

I'm not aware of a beep that occurs when you key the mic. Could be a bad PTT switch. How about your intercom...Do you see the box activate when breaking VOX? Double check the connection at your helmet. Those plugs have to pressed in tight at times.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:19 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

Vox and Intercom work just fine,, blue tooth IPhone works just fine.

also when I push the 'squelch' I can see the bars on the screen go up or down but I can not hear anything???

Yes, its a rushmore - thought I would get some feedback here before I did the 25 mile ride to the dealer for the software up grade

while sitting in my driveway, I used the Bluetooth, IPhone to call my dealer - just to check that out - worked just fine

Last edited by harley0711; 04-28-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:39 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Yes, its a rushmore - thought I would get some feedback here before I did the 25 mile ride to the dealer for the software up grade
Completely understand. Have seen the same thing happen on a friend's Rushmore TK. He had to have the CB module replaced.

As far as software goes, you should be able to do that yourself. The latest and greatest is on HD's download page. Despite what the dealer may say, the latest is 1.19.2.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...downloads.html

I don't have much confidence that the software update will fix the issue, however perhaps going through the motion will reset something and it work.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:43 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MilesOfTexas
Completely understand. Have seen the same thing happen on a friend's Rushmore TK. He had to have the CB module replaced.

As far as software goes, you should be able to do that yourself. The latest and greatest is on HD's download page. Despite what the dealer may say, the latest is 1.19.2.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...downloads.html

I don't have much confidence that the software update will fix the issue, however perhaps going through the motion will reset something and it work.
I agree that its not a software issue, I was hoping it was me, lol

Dealer says latest software upgrade does NOT have the 1 in front???? are I think that what I heard,,,,now, not so sure, lol

Old 04-28-2016, 04:02 PM
Ultraboy105
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

When you key the mic did you also push the PTT button?

Old 04-28-2016, 04:08 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ultraboy105
??

Key the Mic??? I thought with the Rushmore, Ultra - PPT was the mic??

I am using the HD headset - which works just fine for the intercome and IPhone Bluetooth

Old 04-28-2016, 04:25 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultraboy105
Pushing the PTT is keying the mic. That's how you do it.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:25 PM
KMC1
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

??

Key the Mic??? I thought with the Rushmore, Ultra - PPT was the mic??

I am using the HD headset - which works just fine for the intercome and IPhone Bluetooth
The squelch button is the PTT button. Up or down changes the squelch, straight in keys the mic. Are you using the correct button?

Quick Reply: CB will not Transmit?