Sponsored by:

Current Extended Warranty Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 07:52 AM
BlueTK
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Current Extended Warranty Pricing

Was at my local dealer one day recently and inquired about an extended warranty. The factory warranty on mine is about to run out. I was floored to find out it would cost me $2900 for an additional 3 years!

I ended up going with trusty friend Jim over at BoardTracker and got a better warranty at a much much lower price.

Just curious what others are paying for extended warranties these days. I'm going to guess it's less than $2900. I don't know what's wrong with my dealer but apparently they're trying to drive people away.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:16 AM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts

Board Tracker price ?

Old 06-13-2016, 09:39 AM
LoneRiderFLH
Road Warrior
Received 949 Likes on 412 Posts

OP, I just paid half of $2900 for same ESP but was on new bike.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:50 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

I also purchased an extended warranty this past week from Boardtracker. First time in my life purchasing an extended warranty on anything but I'm Leary at times reading these forums. )

Boardtracker sells a Cornerstone policy with no deductable. I went with 4 extra years for $1,129.00 I could have went with 3 years at $996.00.

I still don't know why I did it but I figure something covered will break in the next 4 years and that will decrease the cost? I'm leary about reliability until this bike and HD proves itself to me.

Jim Palmer seems to be reputable based on comments by people in these forums. I hope it was money well spent, meaning, if something does break, the process is as hassle free as advertised and no deductible is real nice.
I did not take tire and wheel coverage.

There is information at http://www.discountesp.com

Last edited by alarmdoug; 06-13-2016 at 09:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WMJ (11-12-2018)
Old 06-13-2016, 11:16 AM
BlueTK
Cruiser

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
I also purchased an extended warranty this past week from Boardtracker. First time in my life purchasing an extended warranty on anything but I'm Leary at times reading these forums. )

Boardtracker sells a Cornerstone policy with no deductable. I went with 4 extra years for $1,129.00 I could have went with 3 years at $996.00.

I still don't know why I did it but I figure something covered will break in the next 4 years and that will decrease the cost? I'm leary about reliability until this bike and HD proves itself to me.

Jim Palmer seems to be reputable based on comments by people in these forums. I hope it was money well spent, meaning, if something does break, the process is as hassle free as advertised and no deductible is real nice.
I did not take tire and wheel coverage.

There is information at http://www.discountesp.com
^^ This is exactly what I got. 4 additional years @ $1129. Also got 6 years for tire & wheel. Total cost was $1454. The tire & wheel is $325 for 4, 5 and 6 years so it's a no brainer to just go with 6 years.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Rhino-1
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I paid around $1400 for an additional 3 years on my new Street Glide... is Board tracker's warranty welcome by most dealerships? Any issues with not having a MoCo warranty?

Old 06-13-2016, 01:28 PM
BlueTK
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rhino-1
I paid around $1400 for an additional 3 years on my new Street Glide... is Board tracker's warranty welcome by most dealerships? Any issues with not having a MoCo warranty?
Here is some info per Jim Palmer at BoardTracker. More info is at the link provided by @alarmdoug
  • Terms are AFTER Factory Warranty END date (If you want 3 additional years, simply purchase the 3 year plan).
  • Accepted at all Harley-Davidson Dealership with a $0 deductible
  • Accepted at all State Licensed Repair Shops with a $0 deductible
  • $0 deductible on all covered tire and wheel claims
  • Tire and wheel is a separate contract; increased options during renewal and transfer
  • Transferable to the next owner during a private party sale
  • Cancelable if the bike is involved in a total loss or sale

Old 06-13-2016, 01:32 PM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

According to Boardtracker, the Cornerstone policy is accepted at any Harley dealer and independent repair shops. However there are a couple states that it can not be sold, best to check their website.
They also state, if I remember correctly that even HDs extended warranty is issued by a third party.
I'm not promoting the Cornerstone policy or saying its better, just the reasons I bought it which is cost and Boardtracker HD reputation as I understand it.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:36 PM
BlueTK
Cruiser

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
According to Boardtracker, the Cornerstone policy is accepted at any Harley dealer and independent repair shops. However there are a couple states that it can not be sold, best to check their website.
They also state, if I remember correctly that even HDs extended warranty is issued by a third party.
I'm not promoting the Cornerstone policy or saying its better, just the reasons I bought it which is cost and Boardtracker HD reputation as I understand it.
Same here - i'm not promoting it or affiliated with it. I chose it based on cost and reputation also. My original post was to find out what others are paying for the MoCo warranty because I am still dumbfounded with the $2900 quote.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:40 PM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

I negotiated a 7 yr ESP(Harley) with tire and wheel for $2000. This'll be my last new bike, so I'm taking cautions with it.

Quick Reply: Current Extended Warranty Pricing