Sponsored by:

Adding King Tour Pak (with lights) to a Special

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by PSRumors
I also want to get a set of the side marker light to get rid of the chrome trim.
Those things are a bear to wire up; I ordered mine for a 14 from CD; I had bought a King tour pak for my SG; it ended up being one originally intended for older models. It fit just fine, and looks fantastic, but the connector was wrong... I had already wired up and installed the rear spoiler brake light, so I cut the wires for the new marker lights and tapped into the |run| wires off the spoiler lighting. Kept everything in the tour pak without adding another wire set or another harness. Just an idea if you haven't considered it already. You could run them off the setup you have now.

Last edited by Onedef1; 09-19-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:06 PM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Onedef1
Those things are a bear to wire up; I ordered mine for a 14 from CD; I had bought a King tour pak for my SG; it ended up being one originally intended for older models. It fit just fine, and looks fantastic, but the connector was wrong... I had already wired up and installed the rear spoiler brake light, so I cut the wires for the new marker lights and tapped into the |run| wires off the spoiler lighting. Kept everything in the tour pak without adding another wire set or another harness. Just an idea if you haven't considered it already. You could run them off the setup you have now.

HD part # 69200131 includes all of the harnesses (side marker ones too) they are under the inner plate.
It even has the hookup for the power outlet, which you can see in PSRumors pictures.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:47 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

I am in the process of getting ready to put a tour pak on my ride as well. For lights I just plan to get an Airwing rack with the led in it and the side lights. I don't like the dorky looking mount they sell to move the antenna to the bottom of the rear fender and I hear the hidden one doesn't work all the well in the Road Glide fairing. Harley does not yet sell a Rushmore antenna kit to mount it on the tour pak. The only way is to buy all the factory parts for the Ultra to mount the rear light bar with the built in antenna mounts. This is an extremely expensive route when you add up all the parts required. I found that they do sell an antenna mount for the bikes up to 2013. Problem is that the Rushmore bikes use a different antenna wire and plugs. So what I have done is order the antenna wire extension that plugs in under the seat and goes up into the tour pak. I also bought the antenna mount for the pre Rushmore bikes. Then to try and make it work I ordered the two parts that go inside the antenna mount so I can plug the antenna wire into it. (parts 2 and 3 in the last picture) Hopefully this will all work as I hope. If it does when I want to put on the tour pak I remove my factory antenna and unplug the factory extension wire under the seat. Then I attach the tour pak and plug the antenna wire in under the seat and put the seat back on. If if all works out I will let you know. This way I will be able to retain the excellent long range reception of the factory antenna setup. BTW I plan to drill the holes for the mount in the same location as the hole for the factory light bar so if I ever get one all I will need to do is enlarge the hole for the plug that goes into the taillights.

Attached Thumbnails Adding King Tour Pak (with lights) to a Special-76251-98a_large_1.jpg   Adding King Tour Pak (with lights) to a Special-76386_08_m_23985.jpg   Adding King Tour Pak (with lights) to a Special-en_us.jpg  
Old 10-09-2016, 05:51 AM
PSRumors
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08
I am in the process of getting ready to put a tour pak on my ride as well. For lights I just plan to get an Airwing rack with the led in it and the side lights. I don't like the dorky looking mount they sell to move the antenna to the bottom of the rear fender and I hear the hidden one doesn't work all the well in the Road Glide fairing. Harley does not yet sell a Rushmore antenna kit to mount it on the tour pak. The only way is to buy all the factory parts for the Ultra to mount the rear light bar with the built in antenna mounts. This is an extremely expensive route when you add up all the parts required. I found that they do sell an antenna mount for the bikes up to 2013. Problem is that the Rushmore bikes use a different antenna wire and plugs. So what I have done is order the antenna wire extension that plugs in under the seat and goes up into the tour pak. I also bought the antenna mount for the pre Rushmore bikes. Then to try and make it work I ordered the two parts that go inside the antenna mount so I can plug the antenna wire into it. (parts 2 and 3 in the last picture) Hopefully this will all work as I hope. If it does when I want to put on the tour pak I remove my factory antenna and unplug the factory extension wire under the seat. Then I attach the tour pak and plug the antenna wire in under the seat and put the seat back on. If if all works out I will let you know. This way I will be able to retain the excellent long range reception of the factory antenna setup. BTW I plan to drill the holes for the mount in the same location as the hole for the factory light bar so if I ever get one all I will need to do is enlarge the hole for the plug that goes into the taillights.
What you are describing will work and I have the mounts and wires if you have not ordered them. I'll sell them to you.

What I did like about these mounts, they place the antennas at a significant angle towards the back. The pre 13 tp has a much more vertical back as compared to the post 13 and because of that the combination of these mounts and the post 13 tp you get an antenna that points way back.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Super08
Supporter

Thanks for the confirmation. I already have most of the parts, just waiting on the last bits to arrive at the dealership.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:47 AM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Thx to Psrumour i got mine set up and all the lights work perfect, i got a good deal off ebay for the light bar for 76.00 a real score, harley sells a speaker pod kit for 249.00 for the rushmore streetglides, it does not have switches and comes with the harness to plug behind the radio, just need to buy speakers, anyway here is my set up , will have it painted to match my denim charcoal

Name:  IMG_4302_zpsfc8lohnb.jpg
Views: 4597
Size:  255.4 KB

Name:  14462839_10210718255491486_3349702941821428648_n_zpsaafw8ant.jpg
Views: 4453
Size:  115.0 KB

The following users liked this post:
PSRumors (10-09-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 08:52 AM
Super08
Supporter

Originally Posted by Robtarra39
PSRumours with your post i was able to get mine done and thank you for that, waiting on the harness and NAMZ connector that are on order and i am done with mock up, then off to paint, would you have a pic of the harness the NAMZ connects to under the seat, i looked and saw a few there
Did the Namz adapter work for you? Down the road I may get the light bar and was wondering if this works on our Canadian bikes as some parts of our wiring is different than the US bikes. Ours has the large center tail/brake light and a non functioning tri-bar light at the bottom of the fender. I don't know if this changes anything in the harness where the Namz plugs in.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Did the Namz adapter work for you? Down the road I may get the light bar and was wondering if this works on our Canadian bikes as some parts of our wiring is different than the US bikes. Ours has the large center tail/brake light and a non functioning tri-bar light at the bottom of the fender. I don't know if this changes anything in the harness where the Namz plugs in.
YES the NAMZ connector worked perfectly, and i bought the harness from HD for the tourpak and all lights work as they should even the side marker lights on the tour pack and my bike is the Canadian bike

The following users liked this post:
Super08 (10-09-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Super08
Supporter

Does the Namz NTP-CB01 add turn signal function to the light bar as well or just running and brake?

Old 10-09-2016, 02:18 PM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Does the Namz NTP-CB01 add turn signal function to the light bar as well or just running and brake?
With the HD light yes the turns work also with that Namz harness as well as running and brake.

Quick Reply: Adding King Tour Pak (with lights) to a Special