Sponsored by:

Adding King Tour Pak (with lights) to a Special

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 10:44 AM
Hammertime1978
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricktater
Hey I don't know if I saw the exact part number for the harness to go from the stereo to the Tour-Pak speakers. Is there a HD or aftermarket one available?
Rick,
Not sure if you read the whole post or not. One of the issues with the specials, is that the rear speaker outputs on karmen stereo are disabled and nothing is plugged into the rear speaker outputs.

The way I did mine was that I bought a rear speaker kit from Namz and also purchased the 4 pin plug that will plug into your rear speaker outputs. Then I ran everything to the tour pak. Then I had to bring my bike to Harley to have the karmen head flashed to have the rear speaker outputs enabled. Hope this helps.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Ricktater
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammertime1978
Rick,
Not sure if you read the whole post or not. One of the issues with the specials, is that the rear speaker outputs on karmen stereo are disabled and nothing is plugged into the rear speaker outputs.

The way I did mine was that I bought a rear speaker kit from Namz and also purchased the 4 pin plug that will plug into your rear speaker outputs. Then I ran everything to the tour pak. Then I had to bring my bike to Harley to have the karmen head flashed to have the rear speaker outputs enabled. Hope this helps.

It does! Thank you!

Old 11-15-2018, 02:45 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricktater
Hey I don't know if I saw the exact part number for the harness to go from the stereo to the Tour-Pak speakers. Is there a HD or aftermarket one available?
If you buy the HD speaker POD kit, it comes with the speaker harness. If you have a 14 or newer bike there is a plug in the fairing to plug the harness into. 13 and older you will have to re-pin the radio side of the harness and plug the pins into the main radio plug...if I remember correctly on the older bikes its a 32 pin connector. The speakers will work, but you will need the dealer to flash the radio to get fader control. I've done this on a 2012 and a 2019 with the same tour pak, so if you have any more question ask.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:07 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
If you buy the HD speaker POD kit, it comes with the speaker harness. If you have a 14 or newer bike there is a plug in the fairing to plug the harness into. 13 and older you will have to re-pin the radio side of the harness and plug the pins into the main radio plug...if I remember correctly on the older bikes its a 32 pin connector. The speakers will work, but you will need the dealer to flash the radio to get fader control. I've done this on a 2012 and a 2019 with the same tour pak, so if you have any more question ask.
Craig nailed with this post. His info is right on the money.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:48 AM
Pedro Torres
Stage III
Default 2015 tour pack in a 2018 glide special

Originally Posted by Super08
Craig nailed with this post. His info is right on the money.
hi there, I would like to know what kind a harness do I need to be able to have the lights and speakers working properly... do I really need to re-pin the harness or what exactly do I need to do.. thanks

Last edited by Pedro Torres; 02-15-2019 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Extra concerns
Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Pedro I did another thread when I put mine together that lists all the parts I used. I never had to repin anything.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...verything.html

Old 02-15-2019, 10:44 PM
Pedro Torres
Stage III

Originally Posted by Super08
Pedro I did another thread when I put mine together that lists all the parts I used. I never had to repin anything.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...verything.html
Thanks Super08 but did u have any idea if on the 2018 Road glide special have the wiring plugs under the sit. I have talked to my local Harley Davidson and they were saying I have to rewire to be able to make the lights and speakers work any suggestions...

Old 02-15-2019, 11:36 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pedro Torres
Thanks Super08 but did u have any idea if on the 2018 Road glide special have the wiring plugs under the sit. I have talked to my local Harley Davidson and they were saying I have to rewire to be able to make the lights and speakers work any suggestions...
Buy the speaker pods. They come with the harness to run to the radio. There is a plug under the fairing. For the light you need to very specific about which lights you want to use in the tour pak before I can give you an answer.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:44 PM
Pedro Torres
Stage III

I want to use all the lights on the tour pak and also the speakers on there

Old 02-15-2019, 11:56 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pedro Torres
I want to use all the lights on the tour pak and also the speakers on there
Do what Super08 said. It will be the same on your bike.

Quick Reply: Adding King Tour Pak (with lights) to a Special